Ricky Gervais nailed it!! Golden Globe opening

BringBackFergy

8 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Perhaps I’m thinking that people don’t watch much on network TV

Streaming TV is a whole different animal; that’s where the good stuff is. 

This is largely correct from my experiences.  

Non-premium cable TV i.e. AMC, USA, FX etc has some really good stuff.  Streaming and premium channels is a whole other beast.  Many actors seek TV roles now, whereas 10-15 years ago it would have been considered a step down.  

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Perhaps I’m thinking that people don’t watch much on network TV. 

Streaming TV is a whole different animal; that’s where the good stuff is. 

i have a TV with cable and get all these streaming shows

same to me

32 minutes ago, stony said:

This is largely correct from my experiences.  

Non-premium cable TV i.e. AMC, USA, FX etc has some really good stuff.  Streaming and premium channels is a whole other beast.  Many actors seek TV roles now, whereas 10-15 years ago it would have been considered a step down.  

cable has been around for 3 decades now with top shows

people, it's okay, you are watching TEEEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.................

8 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

The jokers tirade about veganism and climate change made me long for a double cheeseburger. 

I have a theory that people who are eating the "impossible" meat substitutes will soon develop terrible afflictions similar to the people who switched to vaping instead of smoking.

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

I have a theory that people who are eating the "impossible" meat substitutes will soon develop terrible afflictions similar to the people who switched to vaping instead of smoking.

Hey, spoiler alert!  Don't give away the plot of the next Kingsman movie!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i have a TV with cable and get all these streaming shows

same to me

cable has been around for 3 decades now with top shows

people, it's okay, you are watching TEEEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.................

The so called golden age probably started with the Sopranos.  

7 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I, for one, was fooled. The reaction by Tom Hanks (who I like as an actor) told me many in the audience were fooled as well.

I don't think anyone in the audience was in on it. He was hired because they know he will say things that will cause controversy which will bring attention to the show and get people talking, just like right now how we are all talking about it. You bring him in and your guaranteed people will be talking about something he said for a while afterwards.

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

i wouldn't got THAT far, he told some pot-jokes on TV, told some jokes about dirty words, repeated this for 40 years

some on here think he's 3 times smarter than Einstein....

meh....

Yeah, I found Carlin's stuff more 'Overrated'

Being a 'stoner' making pro pot /drug jokes made him popular along with saying words that you weren't permitted to say. 

8 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

They reach the correct conclusion for the wrong reasons.

Kevin Hart got blacklisted from the Oscars for telling some gay jokes back in the day.

Ricky Gervais was invited to host the Golden Globes and they knew full well what he'd say.  It was all a show.

He's a hypocrite, but because he's a pressure release valve for the elite.  Part of this is shown in his terrible context and delivery for the Epstein jokes.  Ricky could do much better, but he didn't, because part of his job was to make the jokes finally induce cringe.  It's a limited mock out, and a subtle message that says "we even control your dissent."

He's like Carlin in the sense that Carlin was also a huge fraud.

These cretins, including Gervais, probably view this as some equivalent of a confession and its resulting absolution.  Eff them.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

These cretins, including Gervais, probably view this as some equivalent of a confession and its resulting absolution.  Eff them.

I buy that he doesn’t care at all about them