Sign in to follow this  
oldschoolfootball1963

play clock ran out on 3-18 by a full second

Houston didn't have one holding, DPI, illegal use of the hands as they played man up a lot.

Amazing.  

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

So your argument is invalid here as there’s a clear shot from another angle of the play clock on the field at 0 with the ball not being snapped. 

ENexJ6CW4AEOUme?format=jpg&name=large

for all you not at zero people because the game clock on TV isn’t official. 

this!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

They honestly need to decide and say F it, every call is reviewable. 

I agree and I think all plays should be reviewed by the booth like college is. 

• Like (+1) 1

This decided the game. I hate to say it but it’s true. !@#$ the NFL. I’m done.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Houston didn't have one holding, DPI, illegal use of the hands as they played man up a lot.

Amazing.  

I pointed this out to my friends when saying "when's the last time Houston had a flag?" they had 4 penalties for 20 yards. 3 of which were false starts, not sure the other one....

Even when they reviewed possible PI on Johnson on Hopkins in first quarter... Hopkins hit Johnson in the face twice before breaking in - should have been illegal hands to the face which wasnt called even after review.

Meanwhile we had the Ford "blindside block" in a clutch situation at FG range... and stopping Watson on third down got extended for a "hold on siran neal" that was never replayed... the flag was thrown late as watson hit the ground at line of scrimmage

Edited by PolishPrince
  • Like (+1) 2

There is a 100% chance the NFL is rigged. !@#$ this league. I’m done. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

The TV screen is not the official clock

the TV screen is often wrong 

It was not in this case, I was at the game and screaming false start before the ball was snapped.

41 minutes ago, dubs said:

Yea they really rigged it here.

1 hour ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

instead of reviewing if he made the first down why no review of that 

On the same token, the clock ran out on Buffalo by at least a half-second before Allen called the TO in the first half. No delay of game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1

4 minutes ago, Jackattack said:

Missed call

refs missed delay of game for both teams 

it’s generally not called dead on at 0- if the nfl wanted it’d be an easy fix to have the clock tied to the officials but leaving it visual they seem a-okay with about a second lag as standard margin of error.

Hmmm. Seems like another missed call to go with the two missed facemasks in this game. However, the Bills can only blame themselves for giving up a 3rd and 18. Should have been stopped well short of the line to gain. 

• Thanks! (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, dubs said:

I honestly thing the NFL is rigged to keep games close. I dont think they necessarily rig because "ef the Bills." I think for ratings they call key penalties or let slide for the "nail biting fan experience."

I think the refs screwed the bills a ton... But I also dont think Beasley picked up the first down with 21 seconds left... but it could be a more dramatic end if they DID get the first down

Edited by PolishPrince

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Amazing.  

On 49 pass plays.  

And then you watch the post game coverage on espn the replay of that highlight said 02 when he watson snapped it. Im like no the live TV showed 00. #rigged hate to play that card but facts are facts

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

On 49 pass plays.  

Several of which had there QB scrambling for his life. Just the kind of play that O lineman cheats and holds on (at least ours do) but not the Texans. They never hold apparently!

• Like (+1) 1

Yes or no. Was that a delay of game???

• Thanks! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Yes

that was the difference in the game. 

Maybe the lack of execution by the bills defense on this play, was cause they thought it was delay of game? And were more surprised, that the play was allowed to continue?

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yes the clock ran out but on 3rd and 18 they should have made the stop.  And again in OT 

they had Watson dead to rights and let him get away.  The call I hated was the blindside block call on Ford with the Bills driving into FG range.  That call was weak at best and calling it in playoff OT is terrible.

3 hours ago, MassHog said:

That "Blind Side Block" was the worst call I have ever seen. The dude was at 2 o'clock. if hes at 5, 6 or 7, I understand it, but he was in clear eyesight

Total crap but they called it by the book. I thought this rule was added to stop blind side blocks after ints etc. but they've been calling it on o lineman this year because of how the rule is worded. This has to be changed in the off season. What's the guy supposed to do...just let him hit the QB???

Refs doing ref things:

1) after further research, the second half KO was clearly a bills TD. You can’t catch a KO then just flip it to the ref. It’s a live ball.  Bills would have been up 20-0

2) the blindside block was at best highly questionable and at worst a completely bogus call. Cost the bills at least a FG try for the win. 

3) the non delay of game was, in my opinion, the worst non call I’ve ever seen. The play clock was a good 2 seconds past 00 before the snap. Instead of 3rd and 18 it should have been 3rd and 23. Since the Texans got 18 for a first, I think that no call was crucial. 

4) Texans called for 4 dead ball 5 yard fouls all game and that’s it!?  Really!?!?  What a crock of *****. I could have picked out at least a half dozen plays where there was a foul on the Texans. 

Nuts and Bolts: Bills get screwed again.