The reason Knox has drop issues

3 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Possible but I’m heavily skeptical due the ease of the catches that become drops.
    I believe we ended leading the league  in drops. This is the difference between wins and losses. I want dependability over wow factor.

We may have lead the league in drops, but not only because of Knox. Don’t forget Zay. He dropped passes like it was going out of style.

Edited by Dkollidas

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

His college and NFL TD total is 2 more than mine!

The problem is that he's not played as a receiver, really, until he got to the NFL.  It shows.

Really the problem at Ole Miss was he didn’t have a good QB. Very run heavy offense, he was asked to block more than catch. 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Really the problem at Ole Miss was he didn’t have a good QB. Very run heavy offense, he was asked to block more than catch. 

Plus they had a plethora of other receiving options.

25 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

We may have lead the league in drops, but not only because of Knox. Don’t forget Zay. He dropped passes like it was going out of style.

LOL wtf?

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

wel....ok.  But the bottom line is that he was the guy they didn't throw the ball to.

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

wel....ok.  But the bottom line is that he was the guy they didn't throw the ball to.

Knox had more yards and as many TD's as your boy Hockenson.  He's actually 2nd among rookie TE's (after Fant).

It is frustrating ,its not just Knox, the offense still overall has a drop problem,  granted Knox accounts for a high percentage of those drops, but he has never been a receiver before this year, and he is a rookie. The offense seems to drop passes at the least opportune moments, more frustration. It is my hope that the QB and his receivers will grow out of this messy situation real soon, we do have two good pass catchers that don’t see much action, and that certainly does not help the problem. I will just look at it as a learning opportunity for our guys.

Go Bills!!!

Easy drops are a concern, but I'm definitely not gonna throw this kid under the bus. He's got all the talent in the world to be a real asset on offense. When he's "on," he's tough to cover. 

We certainly don't have a plethora of young playmakers, and I believe his ceiling is much higher than Singletary's.

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Easy drops are a concern, but I'm definitely not gonna throw this kid under the bus. He's got all the talent in the world to be a real asset on offense. When he's "on," he's tough to cover. 

We certainly don't have a plethora of young playmakers, and I believe his ceiling is much higher than Singletary's.

Well, to be fair, he would NEED a higher ceiling. He’s like 6’4” and Singletary is a tiny 5’7”, hardly ducking to get thru doorways!

Seriously, I love what Knox could become. Look the ball in, let things slow down for you and he could be a crazy steal nobody saw coming!  

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Singletary has had a great year for a third round RB.  But translating from an 6 to 8 carry change of pace back to a feature back has not really translated to great results yet.  I am not sure his ceiling very much higher. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, to be fair, he would NEED a higher ceiling. He’s like 6’4” and Singletary is a tiny 5’7”, hardly ducking to get thru doorways!

Seriously, I love what Knox could become. Look the ball in, let things slow down for you and he could be a crazy steal nobody saw coming!  

Right. I'm "hopeful" the drop issues will subside with experience. Who knows? Maybe he's just a drop guy or maybe he'll get more comfortable as a receiver. But he's extremely talented and we have a serious deficiency at playmaker; especially guys under 30. 

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Right. I'm "hopeful" the drop issues will subside with experience. Who knows? Maybe he's just a drop guy or maybe he'll get more comfortable as a receiver. But he's extremely talented and we have a serious deficiency at playmaker; especially guys under 30. 

As much as the talent, I LOVE the feisty, physical attitude. We need some of that! Praying it pans out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I f'kin love Knox. He's one of my favourite players this year. From the moment he barrelled over a Bengals defender I was sold. Would love it if he made a game winning catch in the playoffs 

I’d love 3-4 game winners in the playoffs this year! 

Edited by Augie