AB to Saints?

YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Yep.  As much of a chance as the first time, when Beane wanted him to play under his original contract.

That will be news to many here who are convinced that he was never being considered, nor would he be, by this FO.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Wow. Just wow.

I can't see any other reason for still beating the drum for this guy on the Bills after what he's said, done, and how far he's fallen these past 4 months.  Sometimes the talent just isn't worth it.

51 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  You think at some point you'd have the sense to stop blowing Brown, after the repeated facials he's given you.

pointing out that others here didn't want him at any price and claimed the FO didn't either is equivalent to "blowing" Brown?

I would think that you would be quite familiar with the difference between pointing out why certain teams (including the Bills) showed reasonable interest in a troubled but outstanding player and, you know, blowing a guy.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

pointing out that others here didn't want him at any price and claimed the FO didn't either is equivalent to "blowing" Brown?

I would think that you would be quite familiar with the difference between pointing out why certain teams (including the Bills) showed reasonable interest in a troubled but outstanding player and, you know, blowing a guy.....

Yes the Bills showed interest at one time, but only on their terms.  Now no one (rightfully) wants him, except you. 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yes, as noted above, I was just kidding. It just seems to be the way the league works.....but change is afoot! ?

Iiiiii know but I’m sure we have a few that will think twice so I figured I’d mention how they really work 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yes the Bills showed interest at one time, but only on their terms.  Now no one (rightfully) wants him, except you. 

22 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry I'd be happy if the Bills signed Brown.....

22 hours ago, NewEra said:

Me too.  I don’t think there’s any chance it happens but I’d be happy.  While I feel we

can beat any team on any given day, I don’t think we’re going to be able to do that 4 straight weeks as we currently stand. A focused AB is exactly what we need.  Who knows if he’s focused....but there’s a slight chance it pays off

Come on doc....I scrolled back one page to prove this wrong (and that's just in this thread).

And I'm not sure how you have concluded that I am constantly "banging the drums" for the Bills to sign AB...

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I want to win the SB.  Nothing else matters to me.  I don’t believe adding him would stunt josh allens growth or that of the team.  

I believe we have a better chance to win a super bowl with a focused AB than as we currently sit.  I just don’t think this team can win 4 straight games in the playoffs.  

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Come on doc....I scrolled back one page to prove this wrong (and that's just in this thread).

And I'm not sure how you have concluded that I am constantly "banging the drums" for the Bills to sign AB...

Great, you found a couple other people.  How much do they want him, though?  Never mind, I'll ask.

And it's obvious you're still pining for him WEO.  The funniest part is you calling the process an "orthodoxy" when Beane was prescient in not giving this moron a new deal.  And had the Bills traded for him, you would have been the first one to bash Beane when Brown pulled what he did with the Raiders.

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I want to win the SB.  Nothing else matters to me.  I don’t believe adding him would stunt josh allens growth or that of the team.  

I believe we have a better chance to win a super bowl with a focused AB than as we currently sit.  I just don’t think this team can win 4 straight games in the playoffs.  

Every team in the playoffs wants to win the SB.  Yet no one is signing him.  Why do you think that is?

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Great, you found a couple other people.  How much do they want him, though?  Never mind, I'll ask.

And it's obvious you're still pining for him WEO.  The funniest part is you calling the process an "orthodoxy" when Beane was prescient in not giving this moron a new deal.  And had the Bills traded for him, you would have been the first one to bash Beane when Brown pulled what he did with the Raiders.

Every team in the playoffs wants to win the SB.  Yet no one is signing him.  Why do you think that is?

I was paraphrasing those who claimed that McD would never be interested in AB, specifically because he would fit the mythical "process".  I wrote that countless times.  Some actually said he would never have AB on the team because of Poyer.  This all happened.

It doesn't matter "how much they want him", whatever that means.  Your claim was easily and immediately proven false (shocking, right?). 

I posted extensively on how AB quit on the Steelers.  Yet you feel compelled claim I'm lusting after AB to be on this roster.  No one will sign him you say?  2 teams have signed him after he quit on Steelers.  NE signed him after he went nuts in Oakland.  Now the Saints are looking to sign him even when he went nuts in NE and has this investigation hanging over his head.  What was your point again?

You were never a very careful poster.  Everything blows up in your face (OOPS!  now I'm paraphrasing you! lol).

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Impossible to say for sure, but I think it’s partially due to the fact that he may still be placed on the exempt list.   

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

Impossible to say for sure, but I think it’s partially due to the fact that he may still be placed on the exempt list.   

Certainly possible once he signs.  But again, I would think the Saints must know something of where the league is before they worked him out, unless they are investing in next year, which seems an odd reason to work him out now.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I was paraphrasing those who claimed that McD would never be interested in AB, specifically because he would fit the mythical "process".  I wrote that countless times.  Some actually said he would never have AB on the team because of Poyer.  This all happened.

It doesn't matter "how much they want him", whatever that means.  Your claim was easily and immediately proven false (shocking, right?). 

I posted extensively on how AB quit on the Steelers.  Yet you feel compelled claim I'm lusting after AB to be on this roster.  

You were never a very careful poster.  Everything blows up in your face (OOPS!  now I'm paraphrasing you! lol).

Those who claimed?  How many pages do you need to go back to find those claims?

Sure it matters how much they want him.  Like I said, I'd even take a chance for minimum salary and an incentive-laden deal.  But that won't happen and he's likely not going to be back in time for the playoffs, or at least within a time frame that would help the Bills.

But yeah, you still want him.  You always reveal yourself and I'm always here to call you out on it.  The "he's not suspended yet" was your tell.  You just can't help yourself. 

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It's not a matter of may: he certainly will be.  The question is suspension and if there were a chance he'd be back soon enough to impact the playoffs, someone would sign him. 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sure it matters how much they want him.  Like I said, I'd even take a chance for minimum salary and an incentive-laden deal.  But that won't happen and he's likely not going to be back in time for the playoffs, or at least within a time frame that would help the Bills.

But yeah, you still want him.  You always reveal yourself and I'm always here to call you out on it.  The "he's not suspended yet" was your tell.  You just can't help yourself. 

It's not a matter of may: he certainly will be.  The question is suspension and if there were a chance he'd be back soon enough to impact the playoffs, someone would sign him. 

Well....if he IS going to be placed on the exempt list, you answered your own question.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

You always do come around doc...of course you would have him on the team!  Yes, with the caveats of course.....but "like [you] said", you would be happy to have him.

As for the rest of it, you lost me.  I said he was not on the exemption list....because he's not in the NFL.  So, pointing out that fact and it's obvious corrollary that "he's not suspended yet" is a "tell"?  lol

So, let's wrap up your position to this point:

"No team will sign him" because of his behavior....but 2 teams did sign him despite his behavior.  And a 3rd is looking to do the same.

"No one here wants him", other than at least 2 guys posting on the page ahead of your claim........and a now 3rd guy posting as "Doc".  

This is all the classic stuff!

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Well....if he IS going to be placed on the exempt list, you answered your own question.

OK, great.  So you wouldn't want him either.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

You always do come around doc...of course you would have him on the team!  Yes, with the caveats of course.....but "like [you] said", you would be happy to have him.

As for the rest of it, you lost me.  I said he was not on the exemption list....because he's not in the NFL.  So, pointing out that fact and it's obvious corrollary that "he's not suspended yet" is a "tell"?  lol

So, let's wrap up your position to this point:

"No team will sign him" because of his behavior....but 2 teams did sign him despite his behavior.  And a 3rd is looking to do the same.

"No one here wants him", other than at least 2 guys posting on the page ahead of your claim........and a now 3rd guy posting as "Doc".  

This is all the classic stuff!

You got me WEO.  If Brown were to sign with the Bills next year in FA for no guaranteed money and a completely incentive-laden deal...sure, I would be happy to him.  Because you see, there would be no repercussions for him acting a fool, like he's been doing for the past year.  Which has been the point all along.  Even you know that would never happen so... 

Look, I told you how it would go with him this past off-season...and it went exactly like I said it would.  The Raiders got fleeced for a 3rd and 5th round pick and may be on the hook for some of the $30M they guaranteed him, and the Cheaters will likely be on the hook for the $9M they gave him.  Better them than us. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

You got me WEO.  If Brown were to sign with the Bills next year in FA for no guaranteed money and a completely incentive-laden deal...sure, I would be happy to him.  Because you see, there would be no repercussions for him acting a fool, like he's been doing for the past year.  Which has been the point all along.  Even you know that would never happen so... 

Look, I told you how it would go with him this past off-season...and it went exactly like I said it would.  The Raiders got fleeced for a 3rd and 5th round pick and may be on the hook for some of the $30M they guaranteed him, and the Cheaters will likely be on the hook for the $9M they gave him.  Better them than us. 

If we signed him, I’d be happy.  So yeah.  That means I do want him.

I’m not a GM or coach.  I don’t have to deal with the repercussions if he can’t play all year or dealing with him locker room if he can.   I’d just be really excited to see him run around and catch passes for the Bills and I’d think we’d have a better chance at winning a super bowl than we currently do

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

If we signed him, I’d be happy.  So yeah.  That means I do want him.

I’m not a GM or coach.  I don’t have to deal with the repercussions if he can’t play all year or dealing with him locker room if he can.   I’d just be really excited to see him run around and catch passes for the Bills and I’d think we’d have a better chance at winning a super bowl than we currently do

I guess it's fool me 3 times for some, then...

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Pittsburgh has absolutely nothing to do whether or not he makes this team better or not

Why not?  And what about OBJ not even helping the Browns to the playoffs?  Everyone was clamoring for these 2 and they've proven to be disasters.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He didn't get one in Pittsburgh and is now an even bigger head case. 

He is an egotistical manic- not being in the spotlight drives him insane so he feels the need to tweet and create drama just to get a reaction. The guy bad talked/demeaned his own dad for taking care of 8 kids and working for UPS like it was beneath him. AB is a complete scumbag and poison right now. I hope he gets some psychological help- one day we may wake up to some catastrophic news surrounding AB. 

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Why not?  And what about OBJ not even helping the Browns to the playoffs?  Everyone was clamoring for these 2 and they've proven to be disasters.

Because we can’t predict the future. No one has any idea at this point.  The one thing I do know:  We need another WR and there is only one WR currently available that can possibly help this offense get to the next level. AB.  

Will he be eligible to play?  Probably not, but I’d rather have him on our team than against our team. 

i don’t expect us to sign him.  I think there’s pretty much zero chance it happens.  I would just be a little more excited than if we signed him than if we dont

3 hours ago, Doc said:

You said, in this thread, no one here wants him and no team would sign him.

Both proven untrue....by you.