Week 17: Jets at Bills

YoloinOhio

14 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I just can’t get into this game. I’ve tried all week -even with Christmas, but I just don’t care and wish it were defaulted. Sure, I’d love an 11 Win season and I hate and ALWAYS want to beat the Jets. But with the laissez faire attitude by the team, starters wisely not playing the whole game and the outcome otherwise meaningless sans national opinion being ‘Well, they ONLY won 10 games, so..’ IDGAF.

Honestly can’t remember feeling this way about any game, regardless of any previous W/L record on the final week.

Sorry, guys..?‍♂️

Competive juices always going, preseason, game 1, game 16, playoffs....doesn't matter.  I'm still pumped, and I'm sure mcdermott isn't going to let these guys go out and play laissez faire either.  That's how you get hurt...need to keep the same routine, same focus and if we pull starters, I'm still excited to see some other guys get a shot.

10 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

So when a century ends...1900 to 2000s, you say we are still in the 1900s in 2000? lol, same.concept with a decade, 2010-2019 is the 2010s.

Need to go back further than that. Can’t just choose a random century, but rather back to the beginning of recorded time. Was the first year known as year zero, or was it year one ? Yes, the nineteenth century was years 1901-2000. You may not have been in the “ nineteen hundreds” but you were certainly in the last year of the nineteenth century. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Need to go back further than that. Can’t just choose a random century, but rather back to the beginning of recorded time. Was the first year known as year zero, or was it year one ? Yes, the nineteenth century was years 1901-2000. You may not have been in the “ nineteen hundreds” but you were certainly in the last year of the nineteenth century. 

This is way off topic, so apologize for that... but it's simple math:

1. century=100 years.  so if you want to go back to 1st day AD then that year through 99 is considered 1st century (100 years) then 2nd century would begin on year 100.

2. decade=10 years. same concept as above.  1st day of time for 10 years would go through last day of year 9. beginning year 10 would be 2nd decade

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

This is way off topic, so apologize for that... but it's simple math:

1. century=100 years.  so if you want to go back to 1st day AD then that year through 99 is considered 1st century (100 years) then 2nd century would begin on year 100.

2. decade=10 years. same concept as above.  1st day of time for 10 years would go through last day of year 9. beginning year 10 would be 2nd decade

What year do you mean ? Year one ? Then yes, year 1-100 is a century. You don’t start with year nothing. 

16 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So all those times I partied like it was 1999 were for nought?

9 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Make the following inactive:

Smoke

Beasley

Motor

Shaq

White

Lorax

Morse

Play Allen for a series, or two. Don't play Jordan Phillips much, if at all. Let Perry and TJ run the ball 60%. 

We'll probably still beat the bums.

Yeah, our centers are Morse and Feliciano.  That's a "No" to making one of 2 centers inactive.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, our centers are Morse and Feliciano.  That's a "No" to making one of 2 centers inactive.

Long has been listed as a backup center all season, and was until recently listed as our #2 center, even though I don't believe he has delivered a snap all season. In fact, he played center for the Jets, albeit poorly. Morse got dinged last week, and I'm sure you'd agree that our line is better with both Morse, and Feliciano on it. 

8 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Long has been listed as a backup center all season, and was until recently listed as our #2 center, even though I don't believe he has delivered a snap all season. In fact, he played center for the Jets, albeit poorly. Morse got dinged last week, and I'm sure you'd agree that our line is better with both Morse, and Feliciano on it. 

If Allen is playing at all, the rationale is to keep him sharp, and that would mean taking snaps from his starting center.

If Allen and Barkley are taking snaps, they need to be assured of a quality center protecting them. 

Long hasn't taken a snap at center this season for good reason.  He was the "next man up" at center when Morse was concussed pre-season and it wasn't pretty.

I'm sure you'd agree that going into a playoff game with Davis Webb as our backup QB would not be a Sunny Day.

On 12/28/2019 at 10:40 AM, eball said:

Ok, so I’m on the record that I would prefer we not play our “key” starters at all but I’m not particularly “worried” about the game either. My guess is that the “key” starters will play a series or two and then the backups/lesser starters will finish it up. 

To me, “key” starters are:

Allen - 2 series

Brown - inactive

Beasley - inactive

Singletary - inactive

Knox - inactive

Morse -

Dawkins - 

Edmunds - 1 series

Milano - 1 series

Tre White - inactive

Hyde - 1 series

Poyer - 1 series

Hughes -

Oliver - 

That’s 14 guys, 7 each on O and D. 

I think I pretty much nailed this.  Oliver seemed to play a bit more and I wasn't watching the OL rotation (or anything else about this game) closely but the only starting OL who played significant minutes were Ford and Spain.

So in other words -- it could be done.