Matt Milano saturday night

dbfla10

10 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

Did any one else notice how bad Milano played Saturday night. He was ran thru by Sony Michelle on several occasions, as well just simply missed some tackles. I think Bills fans overrate him a little. Guys in that position cant have that bad of a game if you expect to win in the playoffs. 

No doubt it was not his best game but go back and watch the Baltimore game.  He was the key player on defense.  The entire team didn’t play well on defense 

• Like (+1) 1

Nobody was good defensively, so it's "puzzling" to single out Milano. Biggest issue from my perspective was the lack of pressure. Yes, Brady was operating that short passing game to perfection and Frazier was thoroughly outcoached, but nobody in the front 7 got so much as within a couple feet of Brady.

I've watched several Pats games recently, and that OL has been getting beat up front with regularity. Not even with the blitz. Just guys winning individual matchups and forcing Brady into mistakes, throwaways, SACKS, etc. 

Where in the world was the pressure? The whole front 7 played poorly and McD/Frazier got outcoached. Very simple.

10 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Thing that gets overlooked by critics of the Bills is the youth on this team that plays regularly.

Bunch of kids playing on a 10-5 team is a promising future.

I think that is what McD keeps saying but it's not true.  Star, Hughes, Phillips, Hyde, Poyer, Lorax, and even Shaq all have many years of experience.  The offense has much more experience than last year with the addition of Spain, Feliciano, Morse, Brown, and Beasley. 

They are just young at critical positions - QB, starting RB, and MLB. 

10 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

Did any one else notice how bad Milano played Saturday night. He was ran thru by Sony Michelle on several occasions, as well just simply missed some tackles. I think Bills fans overrate him a little. Guys in that position cant have that bad of a game if you expect to win in the playoffs. 

The entire defense failed. In my opinion it was a scheme and coaching failure first.  Second it was poor tackling at all levels. And third it was Edmunds.  He was far worse than Milano.  

Bad game. Erase from memory and get back at it.  Texans will not have Watson throw 25 times under ten yards.  Tre with a safety over top should be able to keep Hopkins in check.  And hope Fuller's hamstring is not 100%

13 hours ago, Sunshower said:

I think our LBs are talented albeit a bit raw. I wouldn’t pay Milano elite money under any circumstances though. Milano is smart, but slow and undersized. Definitely a bit overrated. I’m underwhelmed by our LBs. Edmunds will be great but as for the rest of em, I couldn’t careless.

He’s definitely not slow 

They called the patriots offense, a crockpot style offense. Taking short plays, to just wear out our defense. It worked. And our offense couldnt stay on the field long enough to give them rest. The bills offense has to move the football more effectively throughout all 4 quarters.

Edited by wagon127

22 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

I technically think the Bills are like the 5 or 6 oldest team in the league. I could be wrong but thought I heard that.

Their opening day roster was one of the oldest in the league

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age-after-53-man-cutdowns-2019-edition/

but the core guys you would expect them to build around the next few years are very young

Regardless of whether Bills' fans think he just had a bad game or was just a small part of an overall sloppy defensive effort, it DID seem to me that the Patriots ran Milano's way many times - as though they identified him as the weak link.  I don't know - would have to re-watch to really make that analysis, but sure seemed they ran his way a lot.