The other reason resting guys against the Jets makes all the sense in the world...

SCBills

Of course the benefits are getting guys healthy and rested for the Playoffs and not risking injury.   There’s a reason why the best teams get a bye week, and it’s viewed as a good thing.  

That being said, right now the Jets are in position to draft Andrew Thomas.  The top OL in the draft.  With a win, they could fall from the 7 range to low/mid-teens. 

We have the ability to allow the Jets the chance at a meaningless win that helps us in the long run. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m still torn. I kinda want to run Allen out there for 50 passes. Just air it out non stop good or bad. Activate all offense and just pretend you’re down 21 the whole game. 
I know it’s dumb to risk injury and the jets are kinda dirty. 
But just once I’d like to just run him out there, and open the whole playbook and let it fly. The game don’t matter, the reps in a live game situation do. Throw it all over. Run screens, throw deep balls and contested lob passes. Just sling it. 
But the smart move is rest up and take the extra week of preparation 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don’t Think trying to affect your opponents draft position is a reason to play or not play starters.

besides. The Jets had a chance to take a disruptive front 7 player this draft. They had Q. Williams, Josh Allen, and Ed Oliver at their disposal... so far, not great.

how has Quinnen Williams looked this year?   He seemed decent enough week 1 against us, but I’ve only watched one other Jets game so far this season (the MNF bout against the Pats where Darnold saw ghosts)

Just now, John in Jax said:

Gee, I was wondering why it's been about an hour, and nobody had posted ANOTHER THREAD talking about resting the starters next Sunday! LOL

Only need 1-2 more. 
We also need 3 more conservative head coaching threads 

2-3 more DE threads 

And please don’t forget the 5 duke threads need starting this week too. Lot of material to cover. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

how has Quinnen Williams looked this year?   He seemed decent enough week 1 against us, but I’ve only watched one other Jets game so far this season (the MNF bout against the Pats where Darnold saw ghosts)

Definitely a disappointment so far, from what I’ve seen. It’s  Early, but with guys they passed on making instant impact, it’s a hard sell. 

I would at least play our offensive starters in the 1st half but with some experimental stuff thrown in. Give Gore a veteran rest day and activate Yeldon. Put Duke Williams in the game. Let Allen throw it all over the field. 2nd half let Barkley take over. On defense I don't really care either way. I'd probably let players like White and Edmunds sit the whole time. The last thing we need is a meaningless injury because Leveon Bell crashes into someone.

• Like (+1) 1