Improving the O right now.

peterpan

Obviously our O is suspect.  There's a lot to be addressed this off-season, but what can we do right now to get better????  Here are some of my ideas. 

Bench Gore.  He is just too slow.  This has been a long season for him, and he doesn't have the burst he had in week 1.  Give Yeldon a shot.  He is fresh.  Gore could potentially come back during the playoffs if he gets some burst back.  

Play Kroft more.  Knox has made some high light plays, but mainly I've seen him drop easy passes.  Idk if Kroft is better, but, Beane gave him a big money contract, so I have to think he will be  more reliable. We need some reliability right now. 

McKenzie over Beasley, sometimes.  Beasley also has had way too many drops.  McKenzie is quick too and may be more reliable at this moment.  Beasley is in a slump.  

Activate Duke!!! Duke has reliable hands and can compete for jump balls.  That is something this offense desperately needs!!!  Andre Roberts does not justify a roster spot for being a kick returner, and Lee Smith doesn't either, for his role. Activate Duke Williams!!! He would be drawing the dime CB while on the field.  Get him singled up 1v1 and throw him the ball!!!  Duke could have a big impact on hot reads too, when facing an all out blitz, ala Baltimore.  I personally think DW would have caught that 4th down pass v Baltimore, if he was in that position.  

Bench Ford.  Hopefully Nseke is healthy soon, and can start.  Ford has been the weak spot on the OL.   I think Nseke, being a veteran, will offer a lot in a post season push.  

Any other ideas???

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Activate Duke!!! Duke has reliable hands and can compete for jump balls.  That is something this offense desperately needs!!!  Andre Roberts does not justify a roster spot for being a kick returner, and Lee Smith doesn't either, for his role. Activate Duke Williams!!! He would be drawing the dime CB while on the field.  Get him singled up 1v1 and throw him the ball!!!  Duke could have a big impact on hot reads too, when facing an all out blitz, ala Baltimore.  I personally think DW would have caught that 4th down pass v Baltimore, if he was in that position.  

This

Bench Ford for whom, if Nsekhe still isn't healthy?  I would like to see Bates but I figure they would have done it by now.

And they need to play Yeldon.  Let him run and more importantly catch the ball.  Even split him out wide at times.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Obviously our O is suspect.  There's a lot to be addressed this off-season, but what can we do right now to get better????  Here are some of my ideas. 

Bench Gore.  He is just too slow.  This has been a long season for him, and he doesn't have the burst he had in week 1.  Give Yeldon a shot.  He is fresh.  Gore could potentially come back during the playoffs if he gets some burst back.  

Play Kroft more.  Knox has made some high light plays, but mainly I've seen him drop easy passes.  Idk if Kroft is better, but, Beane gave him a big money contract, so I have to think he will be  more reliable. We need some reliability right now. 

McKenzie over Beasley, sometimes.  Beasley also has had way too many drops.  McKenzie is quick too and may be more reliable at this moment.  Beasley is in a slump.  

Bench Ford.  Hopefully Nseke is healthy soon, and can start.  Ford has been the weak spot on the OL.   I think Nseke, being a veteran, will offer a lot in a post season push.  

Any other ideas???

I'm expecting Gore to get the Jets game off and Yeldon to be active.

Kroft will get more looks.  I also expect him going to camp next year.

Beasley seems to have issues when he isn't getting enough throws his way.  Let's see Saturday.

I leave the Duke/Foster thing to McDermott and Daboll.  Maybe Foster can snag a few more long balls.

Ty still isn't 100%, when he is I expect them to go back to splitting reps.  I'm not saying it's correct (I really don't know) but it's

probably going to be that way.

Now that the Bills have clinched 5th seed it will be interesting if the O changes some.

First half of NE game will probably go as usual.  2nd half depending on score who knows.

Jets game could be wide open.

• Like (+1) 1

Actually playing Duke Williams, ya know, like actually throwing the ball to him, rotate him in the slot with Beasley, Yeldon over Gore, more Kroft, oh and no more out smarting yourself play calling crap in the red zone Brian.... ?

Go Bills!!!

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm expecting Gore to get the Jets game off and Yeldon to be active.

Kroft will get more looks.  I also expect him going to camp next year.

Beasley seems to have issues when he isn't getting enough throws his way.  Let's see Saturday.

I leave the Duke/Foster thing to McDermott and Daboll.  Maybe Foster can snag a few more long balls.

Ty still isn't 100%, when he is I expect them to go back to splitting reps.  I'm not saying it's correct (I really don't know) but it's

probably going to be that way.

Now that the Bills have clinched 5th seed it will be interesting if the O changes some.

First half of NE game will probably go as usual.  2nd half depending on score who knows.

Jets game could be wide open.

I read that we have clinched a playoff spot, not specifically the 5th seed, don’t know if that’s correct or not. 

Go Bills!!!

I'd keep Ford, he's been great last 3 weeks or so.  

I would activate and play DW, play Yeldon, esp. splitting him out wide and make 2 back sets with him and Singletary to confuse D's.  I'd keep Gore active, I think they use him for pass blocking, and he's good for a 4 yard tough run.  

I'd actually get Knox more involved.  Yeah, he dropped some balls, but everyone has a slump, and he's a rookie.  He had one target, for a first down, against PGH.  I'd like to see more sets with him and Kroft.  We need to be able to neturalitize other teams blitzing, esp. playoff teams, with quick strikes to TE's, Beasley, Motor, Yeldon, and Brown.   This, of course, comes down to Daboll realizing what he has and making the correct play calls.  

Edited by RyanC883

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Hey it’s another cleverly disguised Duke thread

Excellent contribution... any suggestions? Thoughts? No? Kinda thought so... ?? nuthin but Luv there fellow Bills fan.

Go Bills!!!

35 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Bench Gore.  

Play Kroft more. 

McKenzie over Beasley, sometimes. 

Activate Duke!!!

Bench Ford. 

Any other ideas???

I took out all the banter and left your suggestions. This sounds too much like sit Flutie and try Johnson to me. Stick with the guys that got you to the dance. We're a work in progress and it takes time and repetition and experience, especially meaningful December and Janyuary football. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I took out all the banter and left your suggestions. This sounds too much like sit Flutie and try Johnson to me. Stick with the guys that got you to the dance. We're a work in progress and it takes time and repetition and experience, especially meaningful December and Janyuary football. 

Bench Ford?