Roll Call for SNF @ Pit

judman

41 minutes ago, Heitz said:

WE WERE ON THE PLANE!!

Bummer, a ground delay in DC has put our (well, I'm traveling alone, but my Mafia friends are also on this flight) is likely going to make us miss the connect.  That said, we're moving forward people - make it to DC, then we figure out to how to get to the 'Burgh ??

They should give away flights, just delay them and get rich off of the airport bar prices! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/12/2019 at 5:50 AM, judman said:

I've been planning on attending this game all year.  My cousin, a Pittsburgh native, set aside his tickets for me earlier this year.  I'm totally pumped!  I've never seen the Bills play as an away team and never been to a night game.

I had a sneaking suspicion it was going to be flexed, even though Bulldog disagreed with me when I got on the air in early October... ?

So who's in?

My college buddies and I do an away game every year. It’s our way of keeping together as we’ve moved around the country.  We’re on year 9. We went to Nashville this year. There were 19 of us and it was incredible. As I’ll be 40 next year, the five day hangover was worth it. I’m 99% sure we won that game. 

The nicest (see: not best) stadium we’ve been to is ATL. A giant stadium-circling Jumbotron is amazing and $5 beers and $1 hot dogs were a nice added bonus.  All of that said, there was zero “spirit” in that stadium. It felt dead. 

I won’t go through the entire list, but I’ll always think Miami’s stadium is the best. Why? Because there are four real dolphins fans. There are 20,000 people who needed something to do for the 45 minutes before they left and found tickets for a nickel, and the rest of the stadium is full of HAMMERED bills fans. This was pre-jumping through tables. This was just true alcoholism at its finest. 

Baltimore’s stadium is as stale as ATL. 

Next year is Vegas. Pray for us. 

Strangely enough, I’ve never been to PIT. I’m very interested to hear your experience. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For the record, in a crappy hotel near Dulles - this is going to be a “drive to finish” adventure tomorrow am ?

This is now two 18+ hour delays in a row in my last two flights.  At least United keeps refunding me, though I’d rather just get where I’m going on the same day I leave...

5 hours ago, Heitz said:

For the record, in a crappy hotel near Dulles - this is going to be a “drive to finish” adventure tomorrow am ?

This is now two 18+ hour delays in a row in my last two flights.  At least United keeps refunding me, though I’d rather just get where I’m going on the same day I leave...

dude, i was/am in the District last night/now..you should have come down into town and stayed with me and wife! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, stevestojan said:

My college buddies and I do an away game every year. It’s our way of keeping together as we’ve moved around the country.  We’re on year 9. We went to Nashville this year. There were 19 of us and it was incredible. As I’ll be 40 next year, the five day hangover was worth it. I’m 99% sure we won that game. 

The nicest (see: not best) stadium we’ve been to is ATL. A giant stadium-circling Jumbotron is amazing and $5 beers and $1 hot dogs were a nice added bonus.  All of that said, there was zero “spirit” in that stadium. It felt dead. 

I won’t go through the entire list, but I’ll always think Miami’s stadium is the best. Why? Because there are four real dolphins fans. There are 20,000 people who needed something to do for the 45 minutes before they left and found tickets for a nickel, and the rest of the stadium is full of HAMMERED bills fans. This was pre-jumping through tables. This was just true alcoholism at its finest. 

Baltimore’s stadium is as stale as ATL. 

Next year is Vegas. Pray for us. 

Strangely enough, I’ve never been to PIT. I’m very interested to hear your experience. 

Vegas, AZ, Denver all next year...Really hoping the schedule makers toss us a bone and do Vegas / AZ back to back. I’d do that in a heartbeat. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Vegas, AZ, Denver all next year...Really hoping the schedule makers toss us a bone and do Vegas / AZ back to back. I’d do that in a heartbeat. 

better start saving for vegas. I predict cheapest ticket is $350 pre November, $300 post November

50 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

dude, i was/am in the District last night/now..you should have come down into town and stayed with me and wife! 

A gentleman, scholar and a true Bills fan right there - get stuck outta town, the Mafia has a safe house for ya ????

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

better start saving for vegas. I predict cheapest ticket is $350 pre November, $300 post November

Tell me Vegas isn’t getting the same lady from the Golden Knights pregame extravaganza.  I can just see a 45 minute pregame schlockfest at every home game.

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

we’re going to Vegas. The fact that I become an “expert” at blackjack when drinking will make the $350 ticket the least of my costs. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Haha (+1) 1

okay, i am in the Burgh! Major pain in the tuchus driving here, either raining or snowing pretty hard the whole way. Waiting on my nephew to get here, his trip from Buffalo i guess was met with pretty hard snow round dreary Erie..but got a cold 60 in my hand!

Now, the good thing is a major wedding at this hotel tonight, drunk 25 year olds with daddy issues in the bar at midnight all mine!!!! Eat your heart out .

@Royale with Cheese   @LeviF91 and @DrDawkinstein

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

okay, i am in the Burgh! Major pain in the tuchus driving here, either raining or snowing pretty hard the whole way. Waiting on my nephew to get here, his trip from Buffalo i guess was met with pretty hard snow round dreary Erie..but got a cold 60 in my hand!

Now, the good thing is a major wedding at this hotel tonight, drunk 25 year olds with daddy issues in the bar at midnight all mine!!!! Eat your heart out .

And what, pray tell, are you going to do about that?  What does the dog do when he catches the bus? 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I feel like the MeToo movement will pick up tomorrow morning.

The drive here was horrible!  Rain turned into snow at Jamestown and we were going 35 mph until we got south of Erie.  But we saw plenty of fans along the way coming early like us.  Gonna run around town here today with some family. 

I'm behind the Bills bench today, correction... TONIGHT!

Have fun tonight, Bills Mafia. GOGOILLS!