Harbaugh postgame presser

Imma give this its own thread 'cuz I think it's worth seeing.

Harbaugh's postgame presser.

He said a lot of good things about the Bills, about our crowd, about Coach McDermott.  Said it was a big part of their game plan to put pressure on Josh Allen and contain him.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/john-harbaugh-that-was-a-great-football-game

He acknowledges that long run on the reception by Hayden as a turning point in the game.

• Like (+1) 3

Thats a very good team in Baltimore with a great front office. They didn't do like everyone else and try to make their rookie QB conform to the offence they would like to have, they designed their offence to their QBs strengths and its worked wonders. They also have one of the top defences (like usual in Baltimore) and thats helping them be one of the favorites in the AFC.

Who knows how long it will last though. but I think that the Baltimore FO is smart enough that they will be a step ahead if things start to turn sour there.

I think one of the changes people will need to get used to in the league is that its getting tougher and tougher to have a perennial contender like NE, NO, and a few others have. Teams seem to be getting hot, then cooling off quickly. Chiefs, Rams, Eagles, Texans, etc. get hot for a year or 2 then come back to earth and are beatable again. Its getting harder to find that franchise QB who will keep you at the top for 10-15 years

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

He let the down one play. Mistakes happen. 

Offense let the Defense down almost the entire game. 

I agree. I'm actually amazed that the D didn't get exhausted with all the quick Offensive series we had where we did  SFA and got off the field.  The Offense was putrid. About the only thing I can fault the D on was falling for several of those Raven screen passes. Other than that they kept us in the game.

Edited by Livinginthepast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, wppete said:

Poyer Let the D down on the long TD. 

Did anyone talk about that play in the locker room?  He seemed to be covering two different players at once.  Was someone else supposed to be supporting?

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Imma give this its own thread 'cuz I think it's worth seeing.

Harbaugh's postgame presser.

He said a lot of good things about the Bills, about our crowd, about Coach McDermott.  Said it was a big part of their game plan to put pressure on Josh Allen and contain him.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/john-harbaugh-that-was-a-great-football-game

He acknowledges that long run on the reception by Hayden as a turning point in the game.

I thought the Bills did a great job.  We forced 7 punts today nearly a quarter of their yearly total.  The run offense barely cracked 100 yards.  

They put it all out their and it just wasn’t enough, but if that is the best team in the NFL - we played toe to toe.  We can play with anyone.

10 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I thought the Bills did a great job.  We forced 7 punts today nearly a quarter of their yearly total.  The run offense barely cracked 100 yards.  

They put it all out their and it just wasn’t enough, but if that is the best team in the NFL - we played toe to toe.  We can play with anyone.

The defence did a great job, the offence not so much

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Thats a very good team in Baltimore with a great front office. They didn't do like everyone else and try to make their rookie QB conform to the offence they would like to have, they designed their offence to their QBs strengths and its worked wonders. They also have one of the top defences (like usual in Baltimore) and thats helping them be one of the favorites in the AFC.

Who knows how long it will last though. but I think that the Baltimore FO is smart enough that they will be a step ahead if things start to turn sour there.

I think one of the changes people will need to get used to in the league is that its getting tougher and tougher to have a perennial contender like NE, NO, and a few others have. Teams seem to be getting hot, then cooling off quickly. Chiefs, Rams, Eagles, Texans, etc. get hot for a year or 2 then come back to earth and are beatable again. Its getting harder to find that franchise QB who will keep you at the top for 10-15 years

They happened to have an assistant coach on staff whose offensive philosophy was a great fit for Jackson's skill set.  Credit Harbaugh for recognizing that Mornhinweg's West Coast offense wasn't going to cut it and promoting Greg Roman for a match made in football heaven.  Had Roman not been on staff and unavailable, Baltimore would be having a very different season.

6 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

They happened to have an assistant coach on staff whose offensive philosophy was a great fit for Jackson's skill set.  Credit Harbaugh for recognizing that Mornhinweg's West Coast offense wasn't going to cut it and promoting Greg Roman for a match made in football heaven.  Had Roman not been on staff and unavailable, Baltimore would be having a very different season.

But they also may have held on to Flacco and worked with him instead of making the switch to Jackson.

Still a smart move recognizing that their offence wasn't going to work with LJ and moving on to someone who could work with his skillset.

34 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Did anyone talk about that play in the locker room?  He seemed to be covering two different players at once.  Was someone else supposed to be supporting?

On the replay it just looked like a rare miscommunication. Mistakes DO happen, and that appeared to be one. They both started to the same guy, then he couldn’t catch up. 

It does not begin to compare to the miscues on offense. 

Still, we hung in and next time would could beat them, or any NFL team. 

40 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yes, we had someone else there too. I didn’t see who was next to him. They both went with the same guy for a second and the TE got open on the slant.

Edited by SJDK