How about MVP Lamar Jackson today?

ToGoGo

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The book on him is out? He threw 3 TDs and didn’t look nearly as rattled or erratic as Allen. So many horrible takes on Lamar. He’s having a great season.

he didn't have near the pressure Allen had today.  When he did he looked just as bad.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, MAJBobby said:

he led his team to 24 points and the victory. 

Time for us to get there this is the last game I will be looking for Moral Victories in Losses. Our windo is opening

I think he was #3 or #4 on the list of reasons they won. And again, my OP was in the context of all the hype. 

As for moral victories, there's a time and place for them IMO. I think this game is the place. Sometimes they're lame, I agree. But when you lost to Goliath by 7 points with a chance tie it up, and you're overachieving, then I think it's fine. Against the Steelers, I would agree with you. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Two blown coverage one shovel pass fans two from inside the 5...saying he was decent because he threw 3tds is like saying Allen was decent because no picks.

jackson is a very limited passer of the football

Your take makes absolutely no sense.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Then why has Roman been ran out of every job he’s had? He has a great playbook but he quickly runs out of options to expand it. 

SF crashed when the defense had all the injuries (Willis never did come back) and couldn't stop anyone.  Roman was fired when we gave up 37 to the Jets in a 37 to 31 loss which I will continue to say he was scape goated for Ryan's defense and the Baltimore story is still being written.  He's already been to a SB and may well go back this year.

He managed the game good enough to win the game and he made that one deep pass that helped win it for him.   Buffalo did very well containing him and when they put him in obvious passing situations they were largely able to stop him.

15 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea what? He thoroughly outplayed Allen. 

He did?  You let me know when our line holds the blitz, our TE gets blown coverage right in front of Allen down the middle... our TE not only catches the ball but his 250 lbs ass smokes the defense for 50 more yards.  Allen had just as many good plays as Lamar did.  Lamar had just as many bad throws as Josh did.  You let me know when our O can throw the same screen pass 4 different times and have each one go for 10 + yards from behind the los.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

People keep saying that to me and it's false. It's the 4th game I've seen, and I don't normally watch 4 games of the Ravens in a typical regular season. 

I stick by it, he's a great read-option QB. He will flame out as teams learn to counteract their deception behind the line. 

Exactly. 

Literally every game I've seen him in I felt this way. Despite the hype machine behind him , I can't help but trust my eyes and knowledge.

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

I think he was #3 or #4 on the list of reasons they won. And again, my OP was in the context of all the hype. 

As for moral victories, there's a time and place for them IMO. I think this game is the place. Sometimes they're lame, I agree. But when you lost to Goliath by 7 points with a chance tie it up, and you're overachieving, then I think it's fine. Against the Steelers, I would agree with you. 

good teams don’t look for moral victories in losses. We are a good team. This game proved it that we can play with anyone and I am done looking for them 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Your take makes absolutely no sense.

He's right. A playground shovel pass and a blown coverage resulted in touchdowns. You can disagree, but don't say it doesn't make sense. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

good teams don’t look for moral victories in losses. We are a good team. This game proved it that we can play with anyone and I am done looking for them 

Well there's your moral victory. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The book on him is out? He threw 3 TDs and didn’t look nearly as rattled or erratic as Allen. So many horrible takes on Lamar. He’s having a great season.

He didn’t face the pressure Allen faced and he has a competent OC who knows how to game plan for his skills...

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You think Jackson played well I take it

He played well enough to win. Saying the book is out on him or that he’s just a flash in the pan is ignorant stuff people say who can’t stand the fact that Allen isn’t the best QB from his class or isn’t looked at by the media as a star. It’s bitter jealously. 

It’s the same nonsense people like say about Mahomes.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

He did?  You let me know when our line holds the blitz, our TE gets blown coverage right in front of Allen down the middle... our TE not only catches the ball but his 250 yard ass smokes our defense for 50 more yards.  Allen had just as many good plays as Lamar did.  Lamar had just as many bad throws as Josh did.

Our TE dropped a crucial pass that was perfect. Likely at least get 3 that drive. WR had few ugly drops too and a brutal, just atrocious missed p.i really cost us

Which is why I'm not too upset , I now know we can beat the Ravens , the supposed top dogs in the AFC. We beat ourselves.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

He's right. A playground shovel pass and a blown coverage resulted in touchdowns. You can disagree, but don't say it doesn't make sense. 

Are we going to criticize Allen for throwing TDs to open receivers too? Or will we just celebrate those as good plays? I already know the answer, I just want you to lie to me.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

He played well enough to win. Saying the book is out on him or that he’s just a flash in the pan is ignorant stuff people say who can’t stand the fact that Allen isn’t the best QB from his class. It’s bitter jealously. 

It’s the same crap take you always make like you have better insight than others on this board LOL what a joke...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

He played well enough to win. Saying the book is out on him or that he’s just a flash in the pan is ignorant stuff people say who can’t stand the fact that Allen isn’t the best QB from his class. It’s bitter jealously. 

He’s a read option QB. There’s not a lot of sustained success in the pros but if you think he’ll be the guy who breaks the mold good on you. I don’t see it myself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

17 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

He threw 3 TD's.  We did a good job with him but he still played well and that's without his favorite target.

Probably one of the most mediocre 3 TD performances ever. 

He didn't put together any real long drives.

- One of the TDs was after a fumble deep in Bills territory followed by two penalties. And a little flip pass where Poyer left the TE wide open to go after Lamar

- Another TD was to a wide open Hurst that had about 50 YAC yards because Poyer left him uncovered.

- Last one came on a short field too after a 29-yard punt by Bojorquez (he had a lot of really bad punts today even despite getting nice bounces / rolls) and a 15-yard personal foul penalty on that drive.

That's not trying to downplay how great Lamar Jackson has been this year but today he looked pretty pedestrian. He is really tough to get to and tackle though that's for sure.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Jackson just adds another dynamic when he's struggling to throw the ball. The reason the Ravens won the game. 

Allen missed throw after throw in the first half, held the ball too long, and still struggles mightly against the Blitz.

We all missed you Scott. Not really.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3