We need a big WR

bills6969

Not nearly as much as we need flash players. When Isiah McKenzie is the most "electric" offensive weapon, you've got some problems. Singletary has been decent, but I'm really not overly impressed. Nice player, but he lacks a certain POP.

There just isn't anybody on the roster capable of taking a screen/bubble screen and turning it into something big. You see that all over the league. 

Some guy who can highpoint a low percentage throw once or twice a game is not the answer.

• Like (+1) 1

The Duke has been inactive while they activate both Foster and McKittrick.  While I love me some McKittrick, if you're not going to run the jet sweep, activate The Duke and sit McKittrick down.  If you're gonna run the jet sweep, then sit Foster.  SmokeY has plenty of speed, you need a go to guy like The Duke, because all of a sudden, Knox can't catch a cold, except when he can, but it's a coin flip.  I've also heard The Duke leads the league in saves, strikeouts per inning, and hit batsmen.  This guy threw at his own kid in a father-son game.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Mango said:

It’s Allen’s biggest fault, lack of control with his arm. He throws too hard and too fast all the time. Take a look at Mahomes, he has the ability to throw with nearly identical velocity, but he uses that ability pretty sparingly. The deep ball accuracy is not the disease, it’s the symptom. 

Fouts mentioned it multiple times today, with a bunch of other criticisms of Allen’s play today that I was fair. 

No, he has actually found touch on a lot of his passes, obviously you really haven’t been paying attention lately. Did you see the wind today? A strong arm was needed...

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Damn, you are being overdramatic today.  You need to chill before you post your weekly post-game diatribe.  

Yes easy decision to block that hot mess...

4 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Too slow, zero separation, Daboll likes his Smurf McKenzie who’s just about useless...

You could be right about Duke.

The best thing McKenzie does is the jet sweep.  Other than that, he's nothing special.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

No, he has actually found touch on a lot of his passes, obviously you really haven’t been paying attention lately. Did you see the wind today? A strong arm was needed...

Yes easy decision to block that hot mess...

I agree, he has been better the 2-3 weeks before today. I have posted it here multiple times. 

Today was terrible. 

19 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not nearly as much as we need flash players. When Isiah McKenzie is the most "electric" offensive weapon, you've got some problems. Singletary has been decent, but I'm really not overly impressed. Nice player, but he lacks a certain POP.

There just isn't anybody on the roster capable of taking a screen/bubble screen and turning it into something big. You see that all over the league. 

Some guy who can highpoint a low percentage throw once or twice a game is not the answer.

I don't think we could properly execute this, such as what N.E. does with four guys in front blocking.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is absent from Daboll's play book.

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

Holy *****...We must have the weakest group of WRs in the league.  Beasley is good, but only in the slot.  We have no deep threat that can go up and snag the ball.  Luckily, this year's draft is DEEP with WR talent.  No excuse not grab a big body WR talent in the 1st or 2nd round.

McKenzie cant break a tackle to save his life

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't think we could properly execute this, such as what N.E. does with four guys in front blocking.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is absent from Daboll's play book.

You may be right. I'm not a fan of Daboll's offense. He goes from "HC candidate" to "FIRED" on a weekly basis, but his overall body of work is sub par.

Nevertheless, the offense doesn't have "springers" for lack of a better word. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You know I agree on Singletary. It isn't a popular opinion but I agree. He is good. He has played well. But I don't see a game changer. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I agree, he has been better the 2-3 weeks before today. I have posted it here multiple times. 

Today was terrible. 

I think is was the wind and tight coverage. But I watched it on tv so I can’t truly say what the field conditions were like...

Just now, GunnerBill said:

You know I agree on Singletary. It isn't a popular opinion but I agree. He is good. He has played well. But I don't see a game changer. 

Never really been too concerned with holding a popular opinion. He's a nice player. He's got a place in this league. But game changer? My eyes tell me otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Damn, you are being overdramatic today.  You need to chill before you post your weekly post-game diatribe.  

Look at how far off he missed his deep throws on the first three drives.  It was by more than 5 yards on two of them.  Having a big bodied receiver wouldn't have changed what happened for those plays nor would the drops by Singletary, Knox, or Beasley.

This thread was made in regards to the Ravens game.  Size was not the issue for our passing game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1