Jump to content
Returntoglory

What a disgusting Offensive effort

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DollaBills said:

O-line got completely destroyed for most of the game

If they feel good about Dawkins and Ford. They are delusional. Address the bookends ASAP

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 4:57 PM, SJDK said:

He was calling them out and everyone saw it. The line didn’t block.

Allen didn't see it multiple times. He stood there unaware of what was coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

If they feel good about Dawkins and Ford. They are delusional. Address the bookends ASAP

Dawkins isn’t great, but it could be a lot worse. He’s at least average, and he is durable (possibly the most underrated attribute among fans). Ford isn’t very good right now, but most rookie tackles struggle in the nfl. Marcus Cannon was terrible early on and is now excellent. Going back, Ken Jones was a holding machine for the Bills but became excellent over time.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I blame the Bills Mafia for not "taking care of" the Refs pre-game.  On the other hand, post game may have worked too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to break it to the folks in this thread, but................

 

the Ravens are 11-2 for a reason and their D is a BIG part of that reason.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I hate to break it to the folks in this thread, but................

 

the Ravens are 11-2 for a reason and their D is a BIG part of that reason.

 

 

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 4:21 PM, whatdrought said:

 

The heck did you watch? Can’t wait to see your recap to see where you think the blame goes. Took him the whole game to figure out that they were sending the whole damn crows nest at Josh and to switch to fast routes, outside runs, and max protect.

60/40: Daboll/Allen

Edited by Buffbills716

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/09/ravens-john-harbaugh-bills-one-of-best-teams-nfl-lamar-jackson/

 

Ravens' John Harbaugh calls Bills 'one of the best' teams in NFL
That was a great football game, and two really, really good football teams going at it, tooth and nail. Proud of the victory. Very impressed with the Bills. That’s a football team that’s going to be around, through the playoffs, into the playoffs, that’s a good football team. Very well-coached by Sean McDermott and very tough, hard-nosed, hard-playing football team. So, to win that game, obviously, is a very special victory.

 

On 12/8/2019 at 4:14 PM, Returntoglory said:

Nuff said 😠


look up. Nuf said. 
 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just some quick observations from looking at more highlights. There are plays where Allen had no chance, the pressure is coming and the receivers aren't looking at allen so he spins and ends up sacked. 

 

There are some plays where Allen doesn't take a gain that is there. Doesnt pull the trigger. Players are open here. 

 

There is a play I saw where allen is looking to pull the trigger and kroft is not even looking at allen. Maybe it's a longer developing route but kroft is looking at a Ravens defender in the distance. Allen is sacked. Surely kroft needs to be more aware here. 

 

Allen made a few clever ad lib plays and the receivers dropped the ball. 

 

Ford and knox getting beat in pass pro. 

Edited by london_bills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:


 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/09/ravens-john-harbaugh-bills-one-of-best-teams-nfl-lamar-jackson/

 

Ravens' John Harbaugh calls Bills 'one of the best' teams in NFL
That was a great football game, and two really, really good football teams going at it, tooth and nail. Proud of the victory. Very impressed with the Bills. That’s a football team that’s going to be around, through the playoffs, into the playoffs, that’s a good football team. Very well-coached by Sean McDermott and very tough, hard-nosed, hard-playing football team. So, to win that game, obviously, is a very special victory.

 


look up. Nuf said. 
 

Bristow, Virginia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:


???  I’m sorry I don’t get the reference 

 

You live in Round Hill, I live in Bristow.  I work in Sterling.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 4:18 PM, Nextmanup said:

Eric Wood on the radio just said this was as bad as the offense is capable of playing.

 

 

 

Did he see the Patriots game? I thought that was worse. Hey, wait! Those might be two pretty good defenses that do that to a lot of teams! There may be a connection there. 

 

We are far from a finished product. There is really no such thing a a finished product, but most of us knew before week #1 we still had a ways to go on offense. Better, but not good enough yet. Capable of more and it was disappointing, but not shocking. 

 

Hoping for much better vs Pittsburgh. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

Did he see the Patriots game? I thought that was worse. Hey, wait! Those might be two pretty good defenses that do that to a lot of teams! There may be a connection there. 

 

We are far from a finished product. There is really no such thing a a finished product, but most of us knew before week #1 we still had a ways to go on offense. Better, but not good enough yet. Capable of more and it was disappointing, but not shocking. 

 

Hoping for much better vs Pittsburgh. 

I was at the Patriots game.  I would say that game was more on Allen (the Patriots D certainly had something to do with it) and the Baltimore game was on the OL, TEs, WRs, Daboll.

Edited by Buffbills716

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:


 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/09/ravens-john-harbaugh-bills-one-of-best-teams-nfl-lamar-jackson/

 

Ravens' John Harbaugh calls Bills 'one of the best' teams in NFL
That was a great football game, and two really, really good football teams going at it, tooth and nail. Proud of the victory. Very impressed with the Bills. That’s a football team that’s going to be around, through the playoffs, into the playoffs, that’s a good football team. Very well-coached by Sean McDermott and very tough, hard-nosed, hard-playing football team. So, to win that game, obviously, is a very special victory.

 


look up. Nuf said. 
 

WTF Do you expect him to say? He's referencing the DEFENSE Einstein. Do you actually think for one minute that our Offense put fear onto him or his team? Be real. Nuff said ...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:


 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/09/ravens-john-harbaugh-bills-one-of-best-teams-nfl-lamar-jackson/

 

Ravens' John Harbaugh calls Bills 'one of the best' teams in NFL
That was a great football game, and two really, really good football teams going at it, tooth and nail. Proud of the victory. Very impressed with the Bills. That’s a football team that’s going to be around, through the playoffs, into the playoffs, that’s a good football team. Very well-coached by Sean McDermott and very tough, hard-nosed, hard-playing football team. So, to win that game, obviously, is a very special victory.

 


look up. Nuf said. 
 

Off mic he was then heard saying "With adequate QB play they are beating a lot of teams; hopefully that QB they have doesn't figure things out or we are in trouble"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

WTF Do you expect him to say? He's referencing the DEFENSE Einstein. Do you actually think for one minute that our Offense put fear onto him or his team? Be real. Nuff said ...


He was also heard talking while leaving the field.  
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

TEs?

WR?

OL?

 

I had that same question.

 

I think you could tell from both Daboll's and McDermott's pressers today that they felt there was blame to go around on the offense.  Yes, that strip sack on Allen that gave the Ravens the ball on the 24 yd line was bad, but Knox totally whiffed his assignment and let Judon slam into Allen like a runaway freight train.  A QB has to trust his guys to block.  On the other hand, whose brilliant idea was it to have Knox block Judon?  Srsly? 

 

Likewise Daboll made the comment (and I agree) that Allen settled in and started seeing his answers and throwing catchable passes after a bit.  He didn't say it but part of the ...unstated was at that point, there were too many catchable passes dropped.

 

So splitting up blame has to include the OL, the TE, and the WR as well as Daboll and Allen.  Singletary did drop a pass at the LOS that he could have got yards on and fail to make a deep circus catch he got a hand on, but he played so lights out in other regards that he gets a pass.

1 hour ago, Buffbills716 said:

I was at the Patriots game.  I would say that game was more on Allen (the Patriots D certainly had something to do with it) and the Baltimore game was on the OL, TEs, WRs, Daboll.

 

Allen has to take his share of the blame for yesterday also, but overall I agree.  Allen played badly - 3 picks, fumbles, just really had his head turned around IMO.  I thought his development was clear in this game, he knew what he was seeing he just 1) early on, pressed too hard for deep plays 2) when he got his act together, didn't get the help he needed from the rest of the guys at times.  And that interpretation was reflected by what we heard from the coaches after the Pats game vs. today.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 4:24 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Center doesn't see late shifts by the defense. QBs always have protection calls.

 

This is actually not true.  It varies from QB/Center pairing to QB/Center pairing.  Eric Wood talked about this at some length in an interview - there were QB who handled the protection calls themselves (Fitz, Orton) and QB he called them for (Tyrod, EJM)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 4:57 PM, SJDK said:

He was calling them out and everyone saw it. The line didn’t block.

 

Not quite so simple.  There were times when someone on the line got pwned, and pwned badly.  Allen was injured where Morse was shoved back and stepped on his foot.

I saw Ford and Dawkins both beaten like drums

 

BUT, fundamentally unless the set is for max protect and even then if it's a 0 blitz - someone will be unblocked, and the unblocked guy is the QB's responsibility.

The QB either needs to move to avoid the unblocked guy or know where his hot read is and get the ball out fast - or both.

 

The Ravens were doing a bunch of things schematically to make life difficult for Josh.  They were disguising their blitzes, running delayed blitzes .... lots of stuff.

 

 

 

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

I hate to break it to the folks in this thread, but................

 

the Ravens are 11-2 for a reason and their D is a BIG part of that reason.

 

Damned straight.  Sports pundits are all drooly over the Unstoppable LJax show but for the last 6-7 games their defense has been Wicked Good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Returntoglory said:

WTF Do you expect him to say? He's referencing the DEFENSE Einstein. Do you actually think for one minute that our Offense put fear onto him or his team? Be real. Nuff said ...

 

He is referencing the TEAM.  That's why he said TEAM four times and not DEFENSE.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

This is actually not true.  It varies from QB/Center pairing to QB/Center pairing.  Eric Wood talked about this at some length in an interview - there were QB who handled the protection calls themselves (Fitz, Orton) and QB he called them for (Tyrod, EJM)

 

I believe I read Lamar's center that went down also called protections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...