Devin Singletary nominated for Rookie of the Week again

YoloinOhio

One of my favorite plays Singletary made Sunday was the block on Von Miller on this Allen scramble. He could have blown him up. He opted to get the block without potentially hurting Miller or hurting the team with a penalty. Respect.

3hmata.gif

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

One of my favorite plays Singletary made Sunday was the block on Von Miller on this Allen scramble. He could have blown him up. He opted to get the block without potentially hurting Miller or hurting the team with a penalty. Respect.

3hmata.gif

Have the rest of you noticed how striking the difference is between this year's OL and last year's when a play breaks down?

Last year it seemed the play got blown up, the OL just stood around.  This year they stay active and keep blocking; they seem to have a very good awareness for where Allen is and what he's trying to do.  A lot of it is credit to Allen, he jukes and makes guys miss and just plain outruns them.  But without some key blocks from the OL he doesn't break those runs, either.  What was that, 4 key blocks on that run?

For a scramble drill, that's outstanding.

And yes, that's a key block from Motor there and well done - just enough to take Miller out of the play and away from Allen.

• Like (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

3hmata.gif

Great post! I did not notice this on play. That's exactly what the NFL wants these guys to do, and that was text book. Get in front, take him out of play and without ending a guys career. Good coaching by the Bills I would assume?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Have the rest of you noticed how striking the difference is between this year's OL and last year's when a play breaks down?

Last year it seemed the play got blown up, the OL just stood around.  This year they stay active and keep blocking; they seem to have a very good awareness for where Allen is and what he's trying to do.  A lot of it is credit to Allen, he jukes and makes guys miss and just plain outruns them.  But without some key blocks from the OL he doesn't break those runs, either.  What was that, 4 key blocks on that run?

For a scramble drill, that's outstanding.

And yes, that's a key block from Motor there and well done - just enough to take Miller out of the play and away from Allen.

I'm gonna guess that having him as the unquestioned starter all offseason helped them to get with his style of play better. Plus having better linemen doesn't hurt.

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

Kinda makes you wonder if he got to start/play the full year if he would have a shot for Offensive Rookie of the Year. 

Beat me to it.

The most underutilized player on the team the first 4-6 weeks of the season. Definitely win the Browns game if Daboll had a clue. The kid is electric and his stop and start move is amazing. That move last game where he stopped in the hole, hopped back and broke to the side line for a nice game was sick.

21 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Until you remember Hollywood Brown exists

Brown has been an intrical part of that offense all season. Motor? Not so much.

Only person that has stopped Singletary this season is Brian Daboll. #kidgloves

Edited by billsbackto81

8 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Brown has been an intrical part of that offense all season. Motor? Not so much.

Only person that has stopped Singletary this season is Brian Daboll. #kidgloves

I could see if you were arguing devin with the ravens vs brown. But that offense is on another level. No disrespect to devin. 

6 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I could see if you were arguing devin with the ravens vs brown. But that offense is on another level. No disrespect to devin. 

Understood. Brown is having a good year because defenses have to sell out to stop their run game. That leaves Brown and his lightning speed in very favorable situations. I love seeing an OC utilize the talent they have correctly. Hint Hint...