Jerry Hughes groin injury

YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'd be fine with letting Oliver get some snaps at DE lined up over the RT. Murphy is garbage and Oliver probably wouldn't be much worse. Oliver is not a good fit at DE long term but he can play there 5-10 snaps a game. 

After rewatching some Bills games it seems like Oliver is have trouble shedding O-Lineman. Olivers arms are very short, in college he could get by with his burst and strength but in the pro's everyone is strong and fast. I think if you put him at DE it would be a big mistake. 

At the home opener we sat about 40 feet from where the Dline was doing their warm up drills. Jerry looked the worst, we speculated that he may have had an injury. If I remember correctly one of his attempts was so bad he did the drill a second time. 

If the Bills are going anywhere they are going need a healthy Hughes. Sit him. It’s a shame they haven’t found a competent rusher to play opposite of him. 

Shaq's snap count will go up.  I think Darryl Johnson will get some, though he's been used more on the left side thus far.  Shaq has been pretty effective this year.  I don't think Buffalo's defensive line play will slip with Hughes' absence.