Bills should move CHRIS BROWN to Scouting Department

kirkwoodus13

38 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

And he loved Jameis Winston and said we should trade all our picks to move up for him. I remember it well...

I remember that as well but we don’t have anyone from our 2015 draft class on our roster so it’s not as if we’d be any worse off.

Edited by Bangarang

2 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I am just telling you what Parcells said Dipsh*t.  

I have no idea if he is going to be over 60% passer.  He wasn't at Wyoming, where he was a 56% passer.  

I might add 60%  is not what it used to be.  The upper echelon QBs in the league are throwing for the most part over 65%.

you calling me a dipshit? you posted it, I showed you parcells was wrong in JA's case. but I must be a dip ***** because you don't do any research before posting where you may of had an idea if you had done so.

I think we can all agree JA is not an upper echelon QB and whether he continues to improve is yet to be seen but he is averaging just under 60% so there is room for improvement.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you calling me a dipshit? you posted it, I showed you parcells was wrong in JA's case. but I must be a dip ***** because you don't do any research before posting where you may of had an idea if you had done so.

I think we can all agree JA is not an upper echelon QB and whether he continues to improve is yet to be seen but he is averaging just under 60% so there is room for improvement.

Your sample size is half a year.  Lets see where he ends up at the end of the season.  What was his completion % last year?  

BTW he is a 56% career passer in the NFL, just like he was at Wyoming.  

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

Your sample size is half a year.  Lets see where he ends up at the end of the season.  What was his completion % last year?  

last season it was 52.8 so there has been improvement and as I had said, whether he continues to bring it up, is yet to be seen.

7 minutes ago, Gordio said:

BTW he is a 56% career passer in the NFL, just like he was at Wyoming.  

actually, not trying to pull teeth here but he is at 59.9%, not 56%.

55 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Exactly. I’m sick of the accuracy complaints about Allen. It’s just easy for people that don’t know much about football to hang onto this theory because the media was saying it predraft. Bottom line is Allen is accurate on the short to mid stuff and the only real problem is the deep ball. I’m tired of hearing about the deep ball as if it’s some kind of high percentage throw to begin with. 

Ummm...he’s right around 60% right now, so there’s that...

I am not sure why we still argue % percentage.  Haven't we covered this in a hundred posts before that there is little correlation between completion % and winning?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I remember Brown being super skeptical of Allen during the draft process, and he took McDermott at face value when he said they're looking for a QB with accuracy and eliminated his belief that we'd actually pick Allen.

And then we did...

Accuracy can be refined, but it can't be taught. Generally speaking inaccurate college passers don't become accurate passers once they get to the NFL and the throwing windows become smaller because defenders are so much better. 

Yep!  And for all the accuracy talk around here, Allen really struggles in other areas too, like pre-snap reads and decision making once the ball has been snapped.  

He is often described as "raw" but this somehow implies that he will become refined with the passage of time. 

I prefer the modifier "flawed".  He has a ton of flaws in his game and there is no guarantee they will be corrected, ever.

In fact, the longer he goes without fixing them, the more likely it becomes that they will not be fixed.

If he stays healthy and plays all games this year and is the same player when the season is over, we will have seen enough of him.  

I just pray to God the powers that be agree with me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Accuracy can be refined, but it can't be taught. Generally speaking inaccurate college passers don't become accurate passers once they get to the NFL and the throwing windows become smaller because defenders are so much better. 

Baseless claim, especially about an individual player. 

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yep!  And for all the accuracy talk around here, Allen really struggles in other areas too, like pre-snap reads and decision making once the ball has been snapped.  

He is often described as "raw" but this somehow implies that he will become refined with the passage of time. 

I prefer the modifier "flawed".  He has a ton of flaws in his game and there is no guarantee they will be corrected, ever.

In fact, the longer he goes without fixing them, the more likely it becomes that they will not be fixed.

If he stays healthy and plays all games this year and is the same player when the season is over, we will have seen enough of him.  

I just pray to God the powers that be agree with me.

Honestly, Josh Allen is playing exactly as NFL.com's scouting report said he'd play.

It's actually scary how accurate that report was. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

last season it was 52.8 so there has been improvement and as I had said, whether he continues to bring it up, is yet to be seen.

actually, not trying to pull teeth here but he is at 59.9%, not 56%.

Not for his career he is not.