The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

15 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Screw it, they should keep the impeachment going. 

The Jim Jordan one liners are worth the price of admission alone.

Wait until this crap comes before the Senate Judiciary Committee with John Kennedy making comments.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...wish I could remember (yet ANOTHER senor moment...dammit) the name of an author back in the 70's that wrote a book about Tricky Dick Nixon.....the one part that I do remember was him citing a Nixon mantra to, "always attack...never defend (your positions).."....the schleps you mentioned do exactly the SAME thing but from a "Dem Attack" position....they are miserable failures at defending their positions with substantive stuff, orchestrating a to and fro debate, only to attack others "Dickie Style"......modern day holdovers from the Podestra, Begala, Sperling, Carville, Blumenthal, Emmanuel, etc "Clinton Crime Syndicate"......

Tiberius will keep chit bombing this site with new accounts until he is cut off at the source.  He will never defend anything.  He's already late for his daily diarrhea of Acosta as it is.

18 minutes ago, njbuff said:

He is 73, so anything is possible.

I honestly forget how old he is... He's gonna be the oldest ever elected if re-elected, and if Biden is the Dem. nominee then we're guaranteed the oldest ever. 

Here's a non-partisan, throwaway question... Why do we as a society pick leaders who are years and years past retirement age? If we see a 73 or 77 year old out on the street we offer to carry their groceries, or help them across the street, but we're comfortable with people the same age leading the free world? My dad is 69 and he's slowing down a lot in a lot of ways. Just boggles my mind. 

*this isn't an anti-age thing at all, and I know capacity is most important, it's just surprising to me.

Edited by whatdrought

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I honestly forget how old he is... He's gonna be the oldest ever elected if re-elected, and if not, Biden probably will be. 

Here's a non-partisan, throwaway question... Why do we as a society pick leaders who are years and years past retirement age? If we see a 73 or 77 year old out on the street we offer to carry their groceries, or help them across the street, but we're comfortable with people the same age leading the free world? My dad is 69 and he's slowing down a lot in a lot of ways. Just boggles my mind. 

It appears Trump freakishly has the energy of a 43 year old.

Problem is though, it comes crashing down.

My father was 72 when he died. Very energetic one day, dead the next.

So I speak from experience on this one.

And boy would the left be throwing a party if Trump all of a sudden kicked it.

I’m 47 and Trump undoubtedly has more energy than me. Sad

Edited by njbuff

28 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...wish I could remember (yet ANOTHER senor moment...dammit) the name of an author back in the 70's that wrote a book about Tricky Dick Nixon.....the one part that I do remember was him citing a Nixon mantra to, "always attack...never defend (your positions).."....the schleps you mentioned do exactly the SAME thing but from a "Dem Attack" position....they are miserable failures at defending their positions with substantive stuff, orchestrating a to and fro debate, only to attack others "Dickie Style"......modern day holdovers from the Podestra, Begala, Sperling, Carville, Blumenthal, Emmanuel, etc "Clinton Crime Syndicate"......

Sí, pero no te apropias de mi herencia.

Democrat “leader”

LAWSUIT: Schiff Colluded With Politico To Leak False Info To Further Sham Impeachment. 

“On Monday, Kash Patel, a White House official serving on the National Security Council (NSC), filed a $25 million lawsuit against Politico, alleging that Adam Schiff, the California Democrat, leading the sham impeachment against President Trump, ‘weaponized the media’ with defamatory information to advance his goal of removing the president from office.”

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Democrat “leader”

LAWSUIT: Schiff Colluded With Politico To Leak False Info To Further Sham Impeachment. 

“On Monday, Kash Patel, a White House official serving on the National Security Council (NSC), filed a $25 million lawsuit against Politico, alleging that Adam Schiff, the California Democrat, leading the sham impeachment against President Trump, ‘weaponized the media’ with defamatory information to advance his goal of removing the president from office.”

Schiff for brains is a liar???????????

Noooooooooooo, you don’t say.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Unable to think for myself? I'm just looking at the testimony that's been given by witnesses under oath. 

Trump extorted a foreign government for his political gain domestically. In doing so he broke federal campaign finance laws. 

All of that is obvious at this point.

The testimony that says there was no quid pro quo? The testimony that said repeatedly that Trump did nothing wrong? THAT testimony?

I rest my case. The Trump/Pence 2020 Campaign thanks you for your donation.

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

The testimony that says there was no quid pro quo? The testimony that said repeatedly that Trump did nothing wrong? THAT testimony?

I rest my case. The Trump/Pence 2020 Campaign thanks you for your donation.

LOL

A week after the whistle blower report was filed, Trump claims there was no quid pro quo, and Sondland refuses to say today while under oath that he believed him.

Trump got caught, and tried to cover his ass. 

Despite that "testimony", Sondland said numerous times today that it was a quid pro quo. I wonder why. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Despite that "testimony", Sondland said numerous times today that it was a quid pro quo. I wonder why. 

Tell us in detail specifically what quid pro quo Sondland confirmed about Trump and Ukraine today.

C'mon. You can do it. In detail.

Go.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

LOL

A week after the whistle blower report was filed, Trump claims there was no quid pro quo, and Sondland refuses to say today while under oath that he believed him.

Trump got caught, and tried to cover his ass. 

In Sondland and Trump's world, a quid pro quo is holding the door for a woman so you can get a look at her ass.  His answer needs context. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Tell us in detail specifically what quid pro quo Sondland confirmed about Trump and Ukraine today.

C'mon. You can do it. In detail.

Go.

He said about 20 to 25 times there was a quid pro quo. 

There would be no meeting at the White House unless the Ukrainians publicly announced they would investigate Biden and Burisma. 

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

There would be no meeting at the White House unless the Ukrainians publicly announced they would investigate Biden and Burisma. 

Aid received

Meeting took place at another venue

No investigation took place 

At this point is it really down to appointments being QPQ?  It doesn't even need to be money?  What was going to happen at this magic meeting that didn't happen at the non-magic meeting?

Edited by 4merper4mer

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

So Sondland was told directly by Trump that there would be no meeting at the WH unless the Ukraine publicly announced they would investigate Biden and Burisma?

And this was always about no meeting?

Odd. I thought it was over the release of funds.

So when did Trump tell Sondland this information?

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Aid received

Meeting took place at another venue

No investigation took place 

At this point is it really down to appointments being QPQ?  It doesn't even need to be money?  What was going to happen at this magic meeting that didn't happen at the non-magic meeting?

All of which happened after the whistle blower report was filed, and the White House likely got wind of it.

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

So Sondland was told directly by Trump that there would be no meeting at the WH unless the Ukraine publicly announced they would investigate Biden and Burisma?

And this was always about no meeting?

Odd. I thought it was over the release of funds.

So when did Trump tell Sondland this information?

You obviously didn't follow along very closely today.

It was about no meeting unless they investigated Biden. That was the trade. That was the quid pro quo. 

Sondland, Guiliani and Volker spent months working on the Ukrainians to make the announcement in exchange for the Ukrainian President getting to visit the White House. 

Edited by jrober38

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

As much as I would like to I know it will not work with him.  I've seen his type before.  He'll just come back with new identities.  Ignores actually encourages him as he knows he is getting under everybody's skin.  The only thing that gets the attention of guys like him is having him blocked permanently.  That way Tiberius, Gary Busey, etc. all go away for good.  He's probably being paid to boot for being here so he has even more cause to ramp things up.

You just can’t stand hearing contrary opinions. That’s small.

but look at it this way, it’s small minded people like you that required us to have the first amendment, which is a good thing.