Jordan Phillips earns start; Oliver only plays 18 def snaps vs Redskins

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Luka said:

The bigger question is, what the hell do you think he's supposed to be doing? I love people like you. You ask a question, it gets answered so you ask the same question again. Gap discipline. The coaches have said it, it's a problem. I've even given you an example but please, by all means, ask the same question again. When you get cut back to 18 snaps, I'm guessing you aren't fulfilling your assignments.

Because you didn’t answer the question

the answer is you don’t have any idea you just want to B word

phillips got more reps because he has been one of the best dts in the league

its a lot like ford actually could easily be starting at right guard but there is a vet that is just playing well

34 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Because you didn’t answer the question

the answer is you don’t have any idea you just want to B word

phillips got more reps because he has been one of the best dts in the league

its a lot like ford actually could easily be starting at right guard but there is a vet that is just playing well

Well again I've provided an example and you can find more for yourself on the various film breakdown accounts on Twitter. You're the one who likes a good fight. You know so much, prove me wrong, I'll wait. Bottom line, he was one of the issues in the run defense. Playing himself out of position. Notice those snaps were mainly in the first half and the adjustment came at half time? Probably not. But it's ok, keep talking.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:11 AM, Dablitzkrieg said:

Ouch man.  This pick is looking far worse than I thought it would.  I hope he turns it around

Clearly McDermott and the Bills staff has this all wrong.

The many experts at this forum have been assuring me all along that Oliver is doing just fine, he was a great pick, and in fact, anyone who suggests he is a bust is an idiot who doesn't know football! 

The funny thing is that this is how this place works for just about all issues.  The vocal majority supports the team in all ways at all costs, despite being wrong, then slowly comes around to reality some time later.  Once the player/coach is gone from the team, they become the butt of jokes.

LOL.

23 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Clearly McDermott and the Bills staff has this all wrong.

The many experts at this forum have been assuring me all along that Oliver is doing just fine, he was a great pick, and in fact, anyone who suggests he is a bust is an idiot who doesn't know football! 

The funny thing is that this is how this place works for just about all issues.  The vocal majority supports the team in all ways at all costs, despite being wrong, then slowly comes around to reality some time later.  Once the player/coach is gone from the team, they become the butt of jokes.

LOL.

So I can put you down as a punch bowl pisser

not that we didn’t already know that

14 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I think they have to play Oliver on pass rush downs. I think honestly he is doing well on passing situations. But he is a bit of a liability in the rushing game. I think he can get eaten up by mauler guards. Now I do think that long term he can be a 3 down DT but he needs a full off-season of NFL strength and conditioning to beef up a bit without losing his quickness. I think if adds that little bit of size and strength he could be off to the races. 

I think at this point it is best to just rotate the other 4 DT’s on the early downs and short yardage situations while using Oliver on 3rdand 2ndand long situations.

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think they have to play Oliver on pass rush downs. I think honestly he is doing well on passing situations. But he is a bit of a liability in the rushing game. I think he can get eaten up by mauler guards. Now I do think that long term he can be a 3 down DT but he needs a full off-season of NFL strength and conditioning to beef up a bit without losing his quickness. I think if adds that little bit of size and strength he could be off to the races. 

I think at this point it is best to just rotate the other 4 DT’s on the early downs and short yardage situations while using Oliver on 3rdand 2ndand long situations.

I concur and he needs to work on his hands as well. I think if he can have time with Kyle this offseason that will help him tremendously.

The Bills defense gave up 127 yds rushing to a Redskins team with no passing game, 15 yds more than their season average allowed. They also allowed 5.5 yds per rush, a full 1.1 yds more than the season average.

Maybe Oliver isn't the problem?

Edited by Turk71