Jordan Phillips earns start; Oliver only plays 18 def snaps vs Redskins

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're a teenager aren't you?

Nope, long term Bills fan here since before the Super Bowl years.  

But thanks for the insult and keeping the topic on football. Im sorry you dont enjoy my opinions but I'm sure you can find the ignore button if it suits you. Stay classy?

Geez people! EVERYONE on here is a Bills fan. Is it that hard to grasp that our last two defensive first rounders are not on anyone’s list of impact players? It doesn’t mean they stink but fans aren’t allowed to criticize? Come on people, we’re all friends here. 

1 hour ago, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

Such a terrible pick.  A top ten pick should produce.  This ones a whiffer big time.  We don't even need him when the Phillips brothers are in.  Should have grabbed a reciever or guard

LOL -- nothing like declaring a player a bust 8 games into his rookie season.  Nice troll job.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

Nope, long term Bills fan here since before the Super Bowl years.  

But thanks for the insult and keeping the topic on football. Im sorry you dont enjoy my opinions but I'm sure you can find the ignore button if it suits you. Stay classy?

Sorry...you were talking like a hormonal teen.

You obviously don't like many of our opinions and don't like that we don't agree with your opinions....this usually makes for a good conversation.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is a big development for McD because, looking at his teams, he believes very devoutly in a rotational DL.

I mean, check it out in game logs going back through CAR.  McD's idea of an ideal snap count for a DT is ~50%.

And his idea of Jordan Phillips and Star as "primary DTs all game" means snap count increase from mid-40s to mid-60s

It's fundamentally an acknowledgement that he simply doesn't have the horses to rotate as he wishes to right now.

That said, 18 snaps was 35% of the defensive snaps, so it's not exactly like Oliver got benched.

But Oliver's snap count has been trending down game by game:  66%,59%58%,65%,67%,47%,51%,35%

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Geez people! EVERYONE on here is a Bills fan. Is it that hard to grasp that our last two defensive first rounders are not on anyone’s list of impact players? It doesn’t mean they stink but fans aren’t allowed to criticize? Come on people, we’re all friends here. 

Your only supposed to blindly praise the Bills. Apparently no criticism allowed.  If you do criticize, the insults and personal attacks come out from long standing board members which seems to be okay for the Mods.

2 minutes ago, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

Your only supposed to blindly praise the Bills. Apparently no criticism allowed.  If you do criticize, the insults and personal attacks come out from long standing board members which seems to be okay for the Mods.

Yeah, that’s kinda how it works here pal.

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

:beer:

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is a big development for McD because, looking at his teams, he believes very devoutly in a rotational DL.

I mean, check it out in game logs going back through CAR.  McD's idea of an ideal snap count for a DT is ~50%.

And his idea of Jordan Phillips and Star as "primary DTs all game" means snap count increase from mid-40s to mid-60s

It's fundamentally an acknowledgement that he simply doesn't have the horses to rotate as he wishes to right now.

That said, 18 snaps was 35% of the defensive snaps, so it's not exactly like Oliver got benched.

But Oliver's snap count has been trending down game by game:  66%,59%58%,65%,67%,47%,51%,35%

Super quick game - not a ton of plays for the defense.  Got out of a game injury free pretty much too.  I'll take that.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

If you truly are an adult, which you are calling into question, you will realize immature statements like you are only suppose to blindly praise the Bills is ridiculous.  You should have some basis for your criticism, and you should be able to engage in a dialogue and debate without behaving this way.  Let's take Oliver.  I have said in this very thread that while he has gotten some good pressure in the passing game, he has struggled in run support.  Let me say it again:  he has struggled in run support. 

The difference between folks like you and folks like me and others around here, is that you are unwilling to have your opinions challenged.  When that is done, you default into this kind of diatribe.  If you want to have a real discussion, then discuss.  Like how anyone can call Allen a bust is at this point in his career just simply wrong IMHO.  If you wat to engage in a constructive way, do so.  IF you just want to be a flame thrower, then the mods will get involved as they should.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Because he is having to use his DTs to protect his linebackers. It is not because Oliver is playing terribly against the run.... it is because the linebackers are and so teams are running more on us and McDermott's answer is to put bigger and bigger bodies out there. When the linebackers were doing their jobs better it allowed him to use Oliver the way he envisaged using him. To disrupt the pocket on dropbacks.

• Like (+1) 4