A few thoughts about the TBD gameday thread, in no particular order

28 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

When people live in a wealthy country and have a lot of time on their hands, they like to create things to complain about, to give their lives meaning...usually these people are caucasians who have white guilt....but it tells you all you need to know when an overwhelming majority of native Americans don’t even care about the name.

Very very true! I'm not the least bit bothered, words are words... it's all about context.

Two things...

(1) I was looking at the God-like Patriots 8-0 record, and realized that we’re the only winning team they’ve beaten;

(2) Also looked at the tie-breakers and realized that if the Ravens beat NE tonite and the Bills somehow ‘win out’, the Bills win the AFC East - despite what NE does.

It’s ALWAYS more fun to be an optimist! ?

GO BILLSSS!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Sick of the pussified nature of today's society... and we think we've come so far yet everybody is all hot and bothered over words constantly. So ######ed, whoops!!! Somebody is going to be triggered so lest me apologize in advance, NOT...

Reallllly on the censoring... just proves the point. Guess there really isn't such a thing as the 1st amendment anymore. Shame

Someone is triggered.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I think most fans know the following:

1.  The D-Line isn’t good enough against the run

2.  The O-Line isn’t getting a good enough push in the run game

3.  They don’t have a receiver who is as big and as sure handed as they like

I bet the coaches know it, too.

Exactly!!!

McD got a TT led team to a playoff berth and and He will do it with this team.

I will say, he is leaving points off the board a little too often. Take the field goals when they are there. If we are going to play close games as a rule( We are) take all the points and fewer chances, especially when playing with a lead.

• Like (+1) 1

Classic Homer right here. Good lord. Always clap, always wear rose color glasses, always ignore the quality of the teams they beat.... good lord. 

Proudly booed them again today. How many times are they going to line up DeMarco and Gore in the I or offset I and get no gain before they realize this isn't 1958? 

Enjoy winning badly. It's not sustainable and it will beat no team in this league with a winning record. But yeah, "convincing" win today over the 1-7 Redskins and a rookie QB who had the handcuffs on just like the Bills treat Allen. 

Think this team is beating the Ravens who are crushing the Pats? Or Chiefs? Or Houston? Nope, nope, nope, and nope. 

4 hours ago, The Senator said:

Two things...

(1) I was looking at the God-like Patriots 8-0 record, and realized that we’re the only winning team they’ve beaten;

(2) Also looked at the tie-breakers and realized that if the Ravens beat NE tonite and the Bills somehow ‘win out’, the Bills win the AFC East - despite what NE does.

It’s ALWAYS more fun to be an optimist! ?

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Except Like Usual, they are beating them convincingly and aren't struggling to get the win

8 wins this season with 7 by Double digits (By 30 vs Pitts, 43 vs Mia, 16 vs Jets, 26 vs Was, 21 vs Giants, 33 vs Jets, 14 vs Browns, only close win was by 6 vs Bills)

The Bills biggest victory was the 15 today against the Redskins which would be the Pats 3rd lowest margin of victory this season.

Against common opponents, the Bats beat the Jets by 16 & 33, Bills beat them by 1, Pats beat Miami by 43, Bills by 10, by 26 vs Washington compared to by 15, by 21 vs the Giants compared to 14 by the Bills.

So yeah, The Pats are also beating teams that aren't winning also, but they are atleast doing it convincingly as they are expected to.

It did look like this week that the Bills might make a statement and finally have a dominating game against the Redskins after the 1st half, but like usually, they went into a shell for the 2nd half and decided to just try and run out the rest of the game clock.

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Except Like Usual, they are beating them convincingly and aren't struggling to get the win

8 wins this season with 7 by Double digits (By 30 vs Pitts, 43 vs Mia, 16 vs Jets, 26 vs Was, 21 vs Giants, 33 vs Jets, 14 vs Browns, only close win was by 6 vs Bills)

The Bills biggest victory was the 15 today against the Redskins which would be the Pats 3rd lowest margin of victory this season.

Against common opponents, the Bats beat the Jets by 16 & 33, Bills beat them by 1, Pats beat Miami by 43, Bills by 10, by 26 vs Washington compared to by 15, by 21 vs the Giants compared to 14 by the Bills.

So yeah, The Pats are also beating teams that aren't winning also, but they are atleast doing it convincingly as they are expected to.

It did look like this week that the Bills might make a statement and finally have a dominating game against the Redskins after the 1st half, but like usually, they went into a shell for the 2nd half and decided to just try and run out the rest of the game clock.

Yes, well the Pats certainly struggled tonight against Lamar Jackson and the Ravens!   

They looked anything but dominant, and showed that they can be ‘taken to school’!

Brady was particularly bad, and I would expect that if Ed Oliver and the Bills’ D can put that kind of pressure on him, he will crumble against us.

Going into their bye week, we are the only winning team the Patriots have beaten, and that was only because Josh crumbled.  The Bills certainly played well enough to beat them.

JMO.

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Yes, well the Pats certainly struggled tonight against Lamar Jackson and the Ravens!   

They looked anything but dominant, and showed that they can be ‘taken to school’!

Brady was particularly bad, and I would expect that if Ed Oliver and the Bills’ D can put that kind of pressure on him, he will crumble against us.

Going into their bye week, we are the only winning team the Patriots have beaten, and that was only because Josh crumbled.  The Bills certainly played well enough to beat them.

JMO.

And the Bills have yet to beat a team with a winning record.......

They struggled against a team that many of the experts around the league view as being the 2nd/3rd best team in the AFC and a team that usually gives them trouble

Bradys particularly bad game still had him throwing for the same amount of TDs, and more yards then Allen with 1 INT

The Ravens offence has looked good in many games this year and this wasn't the first time this year they scored over 20 points.....

7 hours ago, eanyills said:

The problem is that the Bills haven’t looked impressive. I’ll give them the Patriots loss but four of our wins are against the four worst teams in the league and we’ve struggled in all of them. They don’t pass the eye test (or the analytics test).

Also, 14/20 for 160 isn’t good enough to win against any playoff caliber team. This team isn’t as good as their record suggests. They might make the playoffs, great, but I still don’t think they’re very good. 

Please leave!

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

And the Bills have yet to beat a team with a winning record.......

They struggled against a team that many of the experts around the league view as being the 2nd/3rd best team in the AFC and a team that usually gives them trouble

Bradys particularly bad game still had him throwing for the same amount of TDs, and more yards then Allen with 1 INT

The Ravens offence has looked good in many games this year and this wasn't the first time this year they scored over 20 points.....

Other than the Patriots, we have yet to play one!

(I do hope the Bills coaches were taking notes tonight - we got the Ravens here in a month.)

7 hours ago, eanyills said:

The problem is that the Bills haven’t looked impressive. I’ll give them the Patriots loss but four of our wins are against the four worst teams in the league and we’ve struggled in all of them. They don’t pass the eye test (or the analytics test).

Also, 14/20 for 160 isn’t good enough to win against any playoff caliber team. This team isn’t as good as their record suggests. They might make the playoffs, great, but I still don’t think they’re very good. 

Exhibit A. See OP.:flirt:

8 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Other than the Patriots, we have yet to play one!

(I do hope the Bills coaches were taking notes tonight - we got the Ravens here in a month.)

At the top of the note pad.

Lamar Jackson spells TROUBLE... 

7 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I think most fans know the following:

1.  The D-Line isn’t good enough against the run

2.  The O-Line isn’t getting a good enough push in the run game

3.  They don’t have a receiver who is as big and as sure handed as they like

I bet the coaches know it, too.

Morse may be a quality center overall but he's clearly a better pass protector than a run blocker. Neither he, nor Spain or Feliciano got any push when the Bills pounded it up the gut with Gore. It was horrifically frustrating to watch time and time again the attempting to run Gore up the middle only to be stuffed over and over. To his credit, Singletary made some nice runs but much of it was on his own. 

16 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Wonder what the yardage was on the 2 passes that hit Brown in the hands but went incomplete? It would have at least put him over 200 yards.

I'm as salty as anyone about Terry Bradshaw saying on the postgame show "the Bills are Not a Good Team".  But he is a championship-winning QB and when Howie (I think) responded that we're 6-2 and if Allen can connect on the deep pass that's our missing piece, Terry shook his head and said "they aren't built for that" and then expanded "they need more weapons"

I think Brown is the best WR we've had here in years and the perfect "don't say much, work hard" guy not to Diva out at any Allen growing pains.  But we're missing a #1 guy, and so far Daboll's plan to not have a #1 guy but spread it around is not working out too well.

10 hours ago, Figster said:

Lamar Jackson and the Ravens just beat the defending Champion Patriots with a good run game and Tyrod numbers.

Did you watch the game?  The passing numbers overall were not high, but Lamar had a couple of "exorcist" level spin-your-head-around how did he make that? throws which relied upon both unreal passing and unreal receiving skills.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
my mistake