A few thoughts about the TBD gameday thread, in no particular order

I think most fans know the following:

1.  The D-Line isn’t good enough against the run

2.  The O-Line isn’t getting a good enough push in the run game

3.  They don’t have a receiver who is as big and as sure handed as they like

I bet the coaches know it, too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, eanyills said:

The problem is that the Bills haven’t looked impressive. I’ll give them the Patriots loss but four of our wins are against the four worst teams in the league and we’ve struggled in all of them. They don’t pass the eye test (or the analytics test).

Also, 14/20 for 160 isn’t good enough to win against any playoff caliber team. This team isn’t as good as their record suggests. They might make the playoffs, great, but I still don’t think they’re very good. 

Come back next year then?

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, JaCrispy said:

I’m on the highway to hell, my friend ?

Are you the guy who’s had his left blinker on for the last 8 miles? Get over into the right lane, I’ve been trying to pass you since the game ended! 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins Redskins...man, that feels so good to say...?

Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins Deadskins Foreskins 

Feels much better to say especially when I go to work and there are a bunch of Washington fans and the guy who has control over the remote control and raises volume every time there is anything on TV regarding team including old players doing commercials.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gray Beard said:

I think most fans know the following:

1.  The D-Line isn’t good enough against the run

2.  The O-Line isn’t getting a good enough push in the run game

3.  They don’t have a receiver who is as big and as sure handed as they like

I bet the coaches know it, too.

that's why we are still a year out on the rebuild.  Bean will get r done yet.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Im very happy to be 6-2, and very happy to get another win today (a win is a win is a win). BUT...

That doesnt mean there is nothing to improve and nothing to critique about yet again squeaking out another win against one of the worst teams in the league.

Dont forget, after half we came out playing more uninspired ball and let them make it a 1-score game. When we should have come out, put ANY points up, and put the game away.

We dont take control of games. We dont have a killer instinct. And when we're discussing the game in real time, those things will be pointed out. Doesnt mean we love the team any less, just means we all recognize things that need to be fixed.

We all recognize there are issues to be addressed.  That doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the win.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Im very happy to be 6-2, and very happy to get another win today (a win is a win is a win). BUT...

That doesnt mean there is nothing to improve and nothing to critique about yet again squeaking out another win against one of the worst teams in the league.

Dont forget, after half we came out playing more uninspired ball and let them make it a 1-score game. When we should have come out, put ANY points up, and put the game away.

We dont take control of games. We dont have a killer instinct. And when we're discussing the game in real time, those things will be pointed out. Doesnt mean we love the team any less, just means we all recognize things that need to be fixed.

I feel you Doc, but in the game thread some of the posting is just over the top gloom and doom.  Its like we have collective PTDD (post-traumatic draught disorder).

Just now, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I feel you Doc, but in the game thread some of the posting is just over the top gloom and doom.  Its like we have collective PTDD (post-traumatic draught disorder).

I think everything is taken too seriously in the game thread.

Just because a bunch of people post an exasperated reaction after a bad play doesnt mean its all doom and gloom. And just because folks post cheering on a good play doesnt mean theyre watching through rose-colored glasses.

I liken that thread to watching in real time with your friends. I know there are plenty of times we yell "WTF!" in real life, but its not a big deal because of the context.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Its funny when Tyrod was here that wasn't good enough but with Allen its good enough. 

Because Tyrod was a 6 year vet already. Josh is a project prospect who just crossed over 16 starts. The fact that they are already at similar levels says a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Its funny when Tyrod was here that wasn't good enough but with Allen its good enough. 

I like Tyrod, and many on this board did too.  

But Tyrod was not a rookie when he came to Buffalo, and he did not get better while he was here.  Hw was what he was.

If after three full years Allen hasn't gotten better, he will be dumped like any other QB over the last 20 years.

32 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

OK guys, we are 6-2 woohoo!  So why do so many Bills fans act like we are a terrible football team, edging toward implosion?  Some of the posts today absolutely drove me crazy.  I swear some of you are Russian trolls.  

1. Just stop with the "barely beating bad teams" posts.  24-9 is a convincing win.  Redskins are not a good team, but that doesn't mean we are going to win by 100 points.  We had many missed opportunities, but at no point were the Bills not in control of this game.  The R-words never led and never scored a TD.  In the end we won by more than 2 TDs.

2. We are 6-2 halfway in.  6-2 x 2 = 12-4.  Maybe we drop an extra game or two, but we would have to totally implode not to earn our way to the playoffs this year.  That would be the first time we EARNED our way to the playoffs this century.  Think about that.

3. Haters cannot have it both ways on Daboll.  He drives me nuts because he outthinks his own self doing the unexpected at the worst possible times.  But here's the thing: we collectively criticized him going into this game as not pounding the rock enough.  And this game, he pounded the rock …  a lot, and successfully.  Yet, somehow, this became a liability late in the game with lots of "stop running on 3rd and 1" posts.  Gore is getting those calls and we want Singletary, I get it but at least Daboll is finally running the football!  Baby steps, sheesh.

4. Last night I saw upon the stair

A little man who wasn't there.

He wasn't there again today

I hope he never goes away!

5. Still so many Allen-cant-get-it-done posts.  He was 14-20, 160 yards and a TD with no INT.  Those aren't great stats for fantasy football, but for NFL football it gets the job done.  His job was not to score 50 points, it was to score more points than the other team.  And once again, he made plays when it most mattered.  And he is learning not throw INTs playing hero ball, throwing it away if he has to.  And OK, I will admit he needs to hold onto the football better when he runs.  But there was at least one put in Barkley post . . . SMH.

6. Booing your own team is never classy.  I cant imagine it is helpful, either.  Better to circle the wagons and support the team.  Even online.

Bottom line: By now you all know I like a good snark, and we all have fun with "any given Sunday" and "its hard to win in the NFL" tropes.  But it is true that in this league, almost any team can beat almost any other team if they have a good game and/or get some lucky breaks.  We won another game today, and are one win closer to earning a playoff spot.  

GO BILLS!

I stopped at "the R-Words."

Sanctimonious white people who appropriate the racial outrage of groups who don't care enough about the issue to be outraged themselves, suck.

• Awesome! (+1) 1