What must Allen do Tomorrow?

billsfan_34

Allen just needs to win today and not turn the ball over. The Redskins are a good defense.  Next week against Cleveland he needs to step it up.  We will find out about Allen in weeks 13-16.  The 4 game stretch of Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, and Patriots will all make or break Allen.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I know there are other JA threads however this may get lost in the shuffle. 

What does everyone want to see out of Allen tomorrow? 

Hit the long ball and lead his receivers is at the top of my list. Second is taking care of the football- 16 fumbles in 18 games.

Throw the ball to his receivers !!!!

• Like (+1) 1

How about competently performing as a QB?

I'd settle for having awareness of where the safeties are on the field and what that means Allen should do with the ball, defeating a blitz with a pass into the blitz and not trying to run, fundamental reading of defenses at the LOS pre-snap, and no turnovers of any kind.

A pass beyond 25 yards that is not off by 7 yards would also be improvement.

No turnovers! 63% + completion percentage, with a long ball or two to Foster/Brown for a couple of TDs thrown in for good measure! 

But mostly, just win the game!

Go Bills!!!

49 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

No turnovers! 63% + completion percentage, with a long ball or two to Foster/Brown for a couple of TDs thrown in for good measure! 

But mostly, just win the game!

Go Bills!!!

Why is everyone so bent on such a low percentage throw as a deep ball?  The guy has improved his mid range to intermediate passing game this season and has a completion % over 60%. He’s done everything that they wanted him to improve on yet people still find something to complain about. It’s hilarious to me. 

5 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Yeldon vs Bengals.  But I was talking about 5 lost of his 16 career.  16 may be concerning but with 11 recovered it doesn't seem like a big story to me.

But this has literally nothing to do with anything but chance. the next 16 could see 12 lost, with no change in "ability" of any of the players to recover fumbles. The relevant fact would be comparing total # of fumbles to other QBs, and ignoring the result of them completely.

He needs to audible out of some of Daboll's play calls and let er rip. Seriously, I think he is learning to work the pocket but I see him as play action capable and would like a significant percentage of his shotgun snaps to be roll outs/moving pocket. Good way to leverage his athleticism without designed run calls, buy some time as a play develops and maybe better deal with man cover schemes. Not worried about DCs putting a spy on him. He's a good enuf athlete to usually beat most LBs, even good ones.

I would also like to see a better deep ball. I'm sure he's got it in him.

47 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Why is everyone so bent on such a low percentage throw as a deep ball?  The guy has improved his mid range to intermediate passing game this season and has a completion % over 60%. He’s done everything that they wanted him to improve on yet people still find something to complain about. It’s hilarious to me. 

Reread the post, longball = icing on the cake, no complaining whatsoever,  the thread is about what he had to do to help the win happen. Stop with your whimpering. 

Go Bills!!!