Andy Dalton benched in Cincy

YoloinOhio

Just now, One Buffalo said:

You can hear the frustration in his voice... not well handled by the organization.  

I think he ends up in Tampa with Arians. People thought Carson Palmer's career was over until Arians brought him back to life in AZ. I can see the same thing happening for Dalton in that offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

Burrow looks gooood this year.  Not sure what changed.  I don't think he'll go 1, but if those 2 teams finish 1/2 he'll go 2.

Seeing LJ and Murray do fine in the NFL makes me think Hurts could end up going earlier than originally thought.  36 total TDs already, he's a major dual threat issue.  

Lawrence probably sticks for another year - too much talent coming out and the 8 picks isn't exactly a great number to look at.  At the same time, he shredded bama in the title game a year ago.. thats pretty impressive.

He doesn't play anybody. That entire conference is a joke.

Edited by Bill from NYC

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

He doesn't play anybody. That entire division is a joke.

Hurts? You're not wrong - even the teams they do play aren't exactly defensive juggernauts.  I guess we'll see in the sugar bowl assuming they don't get to the playoff.  

If LSU and Bama run the table outside this week i think they both get in.  Florida or Georgia could mess that all up though in an SEC title game.  OSU/Penn State likely gets 1 in - which could theoretically get messed up with Minnesota in a title game. Clemson probably gets in because i don't see an acc team beating them. 

So i assume Oklahoma doesn't get in - that'd leave them with a tough SEC team that will likely determine teams view of hurts.  

10 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Zay Jones was never a quality WR no matter how you want to spin it. His level of production/talent can be had from much later rounds, to make matters worse they traded up to select him.

i'm not trying to spin anything.  i stated his numbers that showed improvement from year one to year two, which we would expect to see.

so...since you just knew zay was terrible, when should this staff gotten rid of him?

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Hurts? You're not wrong - even the teams they do play aren't exactly defensive juggernauts.  I guess we'll see in the sugar bowl assuming they don't get to the playoff.  

If LSU and Bama run the table outside this week i think they both get in.  Florida or Georgia could mess that all up though in an SEC title game.  OSU/Penn State likely gets 1 in - which could theoretically get messed up with Minnesota in a title game. Clemson probably gets in because i don't see an acc team beating them. 

So i assume Oklahoma doesn't get in - that'd leave them with a tough SEC team that will likely determine teams view of hurts.  

I am not crazy about their coach or their freshman QB but I think that Auburn is in a position to do some damage. They can't get into the playoffs, but they are good enough to bump some teams out of the playoffs.

I also think that Georgia is WAY better than many think. I'm not sure what their problem is but they have real talent. I like Kirby Smart but at times I wonder.......

Obviously, the above is jmo.

1 hour ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Jones only had a few decent games last season, the rest of the game reflected his poor catch %. He sucked, fans knew it, and I'm sure the coaches did too. Giving up on a player in year two that they drafted is a bad look for them, that's why they hung on, probably why they will do the same with Allen, only it won't be 3 years more like 5. 

Self preservation of jobs in the FO is not in the best interest of the team, yet we see it constantly, it's annoying.  Some players drafted, yes, you can know quite early on they are just not going to make it in the NFL, Jones was one of those players.

The Bills signed Brown, Beasley, and Duke. They sent a message that the status quo wasnt good enough. They gave Zay an opportunity to make an impact and he failed. They brought Duke up and traded Zay before week 6. I'm not sure how much longer that could have waited

Zay had a decent year last year. And yet the Bills didnt assume he'd continue that, they brought in more guys. I guess I just dont see them "holding on" forever  He lasted 2.3 seasons

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am not crazy about their coach or their freshman QB but I think that Auburn is in a position to do some damage. They can't get into the playoffs, but they are good enough to bump some teams out of the playoffs.

I also think that Georgia is WAY better than many think. I'm not sure what their problem is but they have real talent. I like Kirby Smart but at times I wonder.......

Obviously, the above is jmo.

Yeah - Auburn with 2 losses in the west means they're basically out of it.  Florida and Georgia can both get into the SEC title game (where they can really mess up the CFP plans) - but the next 2 weekends are going to elevate 2 teams really quickly with bama/lsu and georgia/florida.  

48 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think he ends up in Tampa with Arians. People thought Carson Palmer's career was over until Arians brought him back to life in AZ. I can see the same thing happening for Dalton in that offense. 

Oakland might work if they move on from carr for money reasons.  Gruden probably loves him - he loves everyone.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dalton is what he is but he would be the second best qb in Bills history.  He had a nice career, will get to compete for a job somewhere else, and/ or make a good money being a backup.

and McDermott should text him thanks everyday.

no he shouldn't.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:30 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Andy has thrown 115 more passes than Josh Allen this season. Both have 9 TDs and Dalton has 1 more INT. Honestly, if Allen throws 0 TDs and 1 int in his next 115 passes I hope he's benched too...

Forgetting that he has a lot more yards and a lot less talent to work with I see. 

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Forgetting that he has a lot more yards and a lot less talent to work with I see. 

Swing and a miss. They have the exact same Yards per Attempt (6.7). You do understand that my statement had to do with his TD%, right? Josh Allen's is 4% (Mediocre), Dalton's is 2.7% (Bad).

And a lot less talent? I'd love if the Bills had Tyler Boyd, John Ross, Auden Tate, Tyler Eifert, Joe Mixon, and Gio Bernard.

56 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Swing and a miss. They have the exact same Yards per Attempt (6.7). You do understand that my statement had to do with his TD%, right? Josh Allen's is 4% (Mediocre), Dalton's is 2.7% (Bad).

And a lot less talent? I'd love if the Bills had Tyler Boyd, John Ross, Auden Tate, Tyler Eifert, Joe Mixon, and Gio Bernard.

People around here are infatuated with their own narratives.

HARD.

On 10/30/2019 at 9:16 AM, teef said:

concerning daboll, i never really felt the play calling was questionable until the last two weeks.  even then i'm not sure it's on him, the players, or more likely both.  right now i'm only concerned about the win loss record.  win this sunday, and i'm thrilled with 6-2.  the season is a marathon, so i'm not jumping to any conclusions yet.  i just want to enjoy the ride and see how it plays out.

The issue appears to be the scouting, both internal and self.  They design and practice plays based on what they see and like a rookie QB they are missing something. 

I hope issue is resolved now.