MNF: Fish at Steelers

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Admit it; you want to see him gone because you have no patience.  The fan base wants to keep playing QB roulette until they catch lightening in the bottle (ala Mahomes).  

I don’t want to see him gone. I want him and this offense to play better.

I don’t hide from the fact I did not want Allen but I also have never called for him to be cut, trades or replaced. If anything, I’ve argued the opposite and want us to pass more because of Allen.

Let me ask you this, how many games does it take before you can have a fair assessment on a QB?

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Admit it; you want to see him gone because you have no patience.  The fan base wants to keep playing QB roulette until they catch lightening in the bottle (ala Mahomes).  

The same can be said for the others, that they are so desperate to have a franchise QB that they will continue to make excuses and lower the bar to justify anointing him a franchise QB.

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Oh their laying down... There's tire tracks across their back... They are just making it look good, putting on an act.

Until we play them again.......I beg you to STOP!

?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Has anyone even called for him to be traded or cut? I haven’t seen it.

If anything, the bar has been set so incredibly low when it comes to our QBs. If he’s going to be hyped up as a franchise QB then let’s at least hold him to that standard and not make lame excuses.

Half way through a rebuild? You mean McD needs all 5 years to turn this team around? Then what? We can expect a perennial SB contender? 

One more offseason.  It’s been the plan alllllll along.  Draft the QB.  Next offseason bring in some talent to compete for the Playoffs.  This offseason, finish the rebuild and have a 3rd year QB with a complete team around him.  

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

One more offseason.  It’s been the plan alllllll along.  Draft the QB.  Next offseason bring in some talent to compete for the Playoffs.  This offseason, finish the rebuild and have a 3rd year QB with a complete team around him.  

Well if we’re being honest, next year may be the last chance some coaches and players have here.

Just now, Bangarang said:

I don’t want to see him gone. I want him and this offense to play better.

Let me ask you this, how many games does it take before you can have a fair assessment on a QB?

I don't know, but this offense has a lot more issues than just Josh.  The WR debate tonight is just one thought; but we have TEs with the dropsies, RBs who are getting outrushed by the QB, and linemen who get the most inopportune penalties, and yes a QB is adding to it with costly turnovers.  And last of all, an O-Coordinator who at times calls some brilliant plays, and others just baffle the hell out you.  But the fall guy is always the QB; I get it because he's the leader.  But to omit the other fallacies of the offense and just constantly trash the kid irritates me as a fan.  For many here, it's not constructive criticism - it's hiding behind a key board and blasting out hatred.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I don't know, but this offense has a lot more issues than just Josh.  The WR debate tonight is just one thought; but we have TEs with the dropsies, RBs who are getting outrushed by the QB, and linemen who get the most inopportune penalties, and yes a QB is adding to it with costly turnovers.  And last of all, an O-Coordinator who at times calls some brilliant plays, and others just baffle the hell out you.  But the fall guy is always the QB; I get it because he's the leader.  But to omit the other fallacies of the offense and just constantly trash the kid irritates me as a fan.  For many here, it's not constructive criticism - it's hiding behind a key board and blasting out hatred.

I don’t omit or deny other fallacies of the offense. Maybe you’re thinking of someone else? If so your beef is with them.

Saying I have no patience or want him gone is bs. I just know a bad QB when I see one. I’m not there with Allen but I still want him to play better.

Edited by Bangarang

Dude stop.  I'm not putting words in your mouth.  I was replying to SC Bills, you jumped in and said "No one is asking for him to be traded".   And then you asked me a question about how long does a QB needed to be evaluated to get a fair assessment and I gave you my general thought about the overall issues with the offense.  

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

Just now, mead107 said:

Happy for Pittsburgh. 

talk going around is coaching staff was told to tell Fitz to back off trying to win game. 

Makes no sense. If they were going to win 1 game, this was it. They play cincy later this year and could lose to them instead to make it at least even if they both lose all other games. By beating the Steelers, it boosts the 1st rd pick they own from them. This was the 1 game on their schedule to win. 

8 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The Dolphins are a scrappy team that isn't laying down on game day, they just don't have the horses to finish the race.  Brian Flores is holding the team together...what is left of it.  I'm afraid the Fins can be a very good team very soon, assuming they hit on most of their 50 picks the next two years.

It's all about the QB, Happy, always has been. They choose wisely and they are set. They choose poorly then it's wash, rinse, repeat.

8 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Sounds like our whole offense is crap and I don't disagree. I thought by now we would have been more efficient. Maybe I was too optimistic on how soon they could get it together.

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Makes no sense. If they were going to win 1 game, this was it. They play cincy later this year and could lose to them instead to make it at least even if they both lose all other games. By beating the Steelers, it boosts the 1st rd pick they own from them. This was the 1 game on their schedule to win. 

Can only report what is going round on the Miami boards.