No need to panic when we're still at 5-2

BmarvB

Relax, we still have a good record in the conference. 5-2 is not bad in the watered down AFC right now. We're still looking good under the circumstances.

Did we get run over and exposed by the Eagles? YES! Was the defense humiliated and unable to save the day for us this time? YES! It was going to happen sooner or later.  We're we outworked, outhustled, outplayed, and outcoached in all aspects of the game? YES!  Is it panic time and the end of the season? Absolutely NOT! The Eagles aren't the patsies the Bills are used to beating up on and they got taken in the alley and beaten like an unwanted tramp,  but there's still nine games left to fix what's broke....

Run defense

Kicks getting blocked

Ball Security.

Underused run game

Daboll's Play calling

Being owned in the trenches

0 for the season on deep balls

Despite all that, we'll be ok. Just got some things to fix quickly

GO BILLS!

Just don't let that $#%! happen again!!!!!

Edited by BmarvB
  • Like (+1) 3

Things look great if you believe the Bills will end up at 10-6 or better (I do).  Consider the AFC standings right now.  Look at all the 4+ loss teams already

Division leaders currently

Pats 8-0

Chiefs 5-3

Ravens 5-2

Colts 5-2

The contenders

Bills 5-2

Texans 5-3

Jags 4-4

Titans 4-4

Raiders 3-4 

Steelers 2-4

Probably out of it

Browns 2-5

Chargers 3-5

Out of it

Broncos 2-6

Jets 1-6

Bengals 0-8

Dolphins 0-6

We've gotten so fortunate this season with a great 5-2 start, easy schedule and and a very down AFC overall.  They'd better not blow it.  Nothing is guaranteed for next season.  The AFC could be better and the Bills could get off to a 2-5 start.  Make the playoffs this year please...just get in.

• Like (+1) 2

I thought that Buffalo would win 8 to 9 games this year.   I now think that 10 seems more realistic.

They are an improved team with more depth, but no star players.    They are not at the tier of the top teams and likely a first round exit. 

They are lucky to have four very winnable games to figure things out coming up.   If they do not win three of those, I will be very worried for them going into the games with Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and New England. 

Very disappointing yesterday, but they caught the Eagles at the wrong time and I am hoping that a loss like this is a wake up call and the beginning of a turn around instead of a collapse. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dgrochester55 said:

I thought that Buffalo would win 8 to 9 games this year.   I now think that 10 seems more realistic.

They are an improved team with more depth, but no star players.    They are not at the tier of the top teams and likely a first round exit. 

They are lucky to have four very winnable games to figure things out coming up.   If they do not win three of those, I will be very worried for them going into the games with Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and New England. 

Very disappointing yesterday, but they caught the Eagles at the wrong time and I am hoping that a loss like this is a wake up call and the beginning of a turn around instead of a collapse. 

I'm thinking a wake up call that could be the turning point

The vast majority of the threads being created after the game (not this one) and today shouldn’t even be responded to: they are knee-jerk reactions to a bad game. They’re classic, ‘Woe is me!’ threads. Give me a break. 

A few weeks ago the threads were all about how Daboll was going to get a HC opportunity and today he’s the worst OC in the history of the NFL.

Personally, I like what Woods said today on WGR about Daboll: he’s an exceptional OC, the problem is a lack of execution and the realities of the NFL. Sometimes teams are just gonna show out. (All of that is paraphrased.)

Everything else here is simply noise. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

The vast majority of the threads being created after the game (not this one) and today shouldn’t even be responded to: they are knee-jerk reactions to a bad game. They’re classic, ‘Woe is me!’ threads. Give me a break. 

A few weeks ago the threads were all about how Daboll was going to get a HC opportunity and today he’s the worst OC in the history of the NFL.

Personally, I like what Woods said today on WGR about Daboll: he’s an exceptional OC, the problem is a lack of execution and the realities of the NFL. Sometimes teams are just gonna show out. (All of that is paraphrased.)

Everything else here is simply noise. 

I have a simple and serious question:  What is the evidence that leads you to agree that Daboll's "an exceptional OC"?  Week after week we keep hearing that his plays are top notch, but it's "the execution" that is faulty.

All koi this begs the questions:  If the execution is consistently poor--how good of a coach can he be?  Or, conversely, if it's. not the execution, how good are his plays and philosophy?

You can't blame the playersnwek after week.  Daboll has a marginal track record as a coordinator.  It's still marginal.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I have a simple and serious question:  What is the evidence that leads you to agree that Daboll's "an exceptional OC"?  Week after week we keep hearing that his plays are top notch, but it's "the execution" that is faulty.

All koi this begs the questions:  If the execution is consistently poor--how good of a coach can he be?  Or, conversely, if it's. not the execution, how good are his plays and philosophy?

You can't blame the playersnwek after week.  Daboll has a marginal track record as a coordinator.  It's still marginal.

It’s in my original post: Woods believes so, two years from working with him and still understanding modern football. I trust him and believe he knows a bunch more than individuals on a message board who simply aren’t happy about our team losing...and having knee-jerk reactions to the loss.

As far as coaching, he clearly states that there are nine new O starters and it takes time to transition to a cohesive unit. Again, reality. Not to mention a QB that has incredible talent but was a known project from a small school. 

The Bills are not there yet. They are one or two drafts away, in my opinion. The key is to have fun in the mean time. ? 

8 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

It’s in my original post: Woods believes so, two years from working with him and still understanding modern football. I trust him and believe he knows a bunch more than individuals on a message board who simply aren’t happy about our team losing...and having knee-jerk reactions to the loss.

As far as coaching, he clearly states that there are nine new O starters and it takes time to transition to a cohesive unit. Again, reality. Not to mention a QB that has incredible talent but was a known project from a small school. 

The Bills are not there yet. They are one or two drafts away, in my opinion. The key is to have fun in the mean time. ? 

Who is going to bad mouth the current OC while working for the organization.  

The question then, is is the "cohesion" improving as the weeks go by?  It would be very difficult that this Offense, as the weeks go by, is steadily improving.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

We've gotten so fortunate this season with a great 5-2 start, easy schedule and and a very down AFC overall.  They'd better not blow it.  Nothing is guaranteed for next season.  The AFC could be better and the Bills could get off to a 2-5 start.  Make the playoffs this year please...just get in.

I agree 100%.  Our window starts this year.