Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
oldschoolfootball1963

Redskins Just made OT Trent Williams Available [Edit: now NFI]

Recommended Posts

Yeah not for this price 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what would the plan be, start him at LT and kick Dawkins over to guard? Does that move carry enough of a positive value to offset the draft haul this move would take? I'd pass on this. We need a receiver or a 1 tech. Keep building the o-line through the draft.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

For a Top 5 franchise LT?


yeah 31 year old hasn’t played football in how long. When has he played a full 16 game season. Yep a 3rd 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MAJBobby said:


yeah 31 year old hasn’t played football in how long. When has he played a full 16 game season. Yep a 3rd 

Fair enough, but some team will pony up a 2nd at least and a 1st wouldn't surprise me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please make this happen.  I wouldn’t give up a 1st unless we got a 2nd back in return with Trent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Fair enough, but some team will pony up a 2nd at least and a 1st wouldn't surprise me.

Then they would overpay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

LaConjecture says there is more available 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

 

LaConjecture says there is more available 

Norman was at his best with mcd and we have cash...

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OT is not in my top four needs right now.

They need Edge, DT, WR, and possibly RB before an OT of his age. I was more worried about RT a few weeks ago. My main worry since the start of training camp has been the pass rush. Everyone said don't worry Oliver will be great. Well he's been mostly a dud so far. Which is what I predicted in year one. They need an edge rusher now.

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Norman was at his best with mcd and we have cash...

 

 

We don't play anyone that warrants getting Norman.

 

But we do play Chubb...Zeke....Lamar....

 

And if we play the Ravens--Pats--Colts in the playoffs you really don't.  

 

We need Dline/LBs or WR.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

 

 

We don't play anyone that warrants getting Norman.

 

But we do play Chubb...Zeke....Lamar....

 

And if we play the Ravens--Pats--Colts in the playoffs you really don't.  

 

We need Dline/LBs or WR.  

 

 


And it DOESNT concern anyone that three years and the McD built defense is still not good enough even with all the assets poured into it?

 

 

Just now, Reed83HOF said:


and with this I am out. No way I am giving up a 1st for him. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:


yeah 31 year old hasn’t played football in how long. When has he played a full 16 game season. Yep a 3rd 

 

 

...didn't we sign one of their wounded warriors, a/k/a Murphy who is on the proverbial "TBD Hot List"?.....inherit the balance of his 2019 $10.85 mil tariff and $12.5 mil due in 2020?.....as well as ponying up a pick?...."Alex, I'll take AIN'T HAPPENING for $1,000"...........

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

 

...didn't we sign one of their wounded warriors, a/k/a Murphy who is on the proverbial "TBD Hot List"?.....inherit the balance of his 2019 $10.85 mil tariff and $12.5 mil due in 2020?.....as well as ponying up a pick?...."Alex, I'll take AIN'T HAPPENING for $1,000"...........

As good as he is...forget it. Haven't the Bills learned their lesson about injured players. NY State has some of the finest medical care around, but geez!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, I don't think I give up a 1st or a 2nd for Williams. A 3rd, maybe. I'd rather have a pass rusher that gets Murphy off of the field. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:


And it DOESNT concern anyone that three years and the McD built defense is still not good enough even with all the assets poured into it?

 

 


and with this I am out. No way I am giving up a 1st for him. 

Keep in mind not all 2nd round picks are equal. A Pats or GB 2nd is like an early 3rd. 

That bring said, welcome to the Browns Trent! They're desperate and will offer a 2nd without blinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billsbackto81 said:

Keep in mind not all 2nd round picks are equal. A Pats or GB 2nd is like an early 3rd. 

That bring said, welcome to the Browns Trent! They're desperate and will offer a 2nd without blinking.

They are the likely team with the 2nd on the table 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...