Bills 13, Eagles 31 postgame thread

Today sucked, the front seven was terrible on the run.   The question is, will this be one bad game of the beginning of another downward spiral?

Whether or not McDermott and the staff can correct this during the rest of the season was go a long way in telling how good of a coach McDermott can be.

Edited by dgrochester55

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Phillips is great and star have never been so what are you talking about??

bottom line is bigger good players are better than smaller good players.

Can we grow these big good players on trees?  Where do we get them?

My Takes:

The first half Allen fumble is being overrated; some feel a need to state that the momentum changed there. I mean come on if that causes your team to crumble you've got bigger problems. I didn't love the playcalls the series that ended in the fumble, but we scored in the third on a great drive, and cut the score to 13-17 and then the D gave it right back to them! Was that not a big turning point?

Underrated: the lack of touches by Singletary in the first half 1? - I believe. Was the early gameplan really to run at Fletcher Cox?

Overrated : people bashing Allen for this game, I mean come on people, Eagles ran the ball down our throats after he'd just brought us down the field. He is not the reason we lost this game, IMO he actually played pretty well given the circumstances. Did Wentz look that much better than him? I say no way.

Underrated: How much the Eagles coaching staff outschemed, and outfocused our staff this week. I mean Bills defense had 10 men on the field, 2x lining up Offside penalties, dumb penalties on offense, dropped passes, couldn't win 3rd down or RZ on defense, couldn't avoid 3rd and long on offense after screwing up 1 and 2 with bad play calls and penalties......need I say more. This area is extremely concerning to me.

Underrated: I watched Mike Evans on RZ and he bailed out Winston multple times as JW just threw the ball up and trusted him to make  a play and he did! We don't have enough playmakers on offense, I can only imagine what a help it would be for JA to have someone like Evans. It impacts the team in a complementary fashion to not have enough of these guys.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

These false starts drive me nuts, then two right in a row.

As much as I hate that......LINING UP Offside is worse! Is that NOT something you look at every single play? Where’s the ball? Where am I? It seems pretty simple! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Better hot take:  Fill up the ignore user list by Halloween...

Instead, why not just stfu rather than being a snarky terd? Legit question.  Super insightful, and well worthwhile commentary here in this quip.  I hear only the super coolest people even know how to use the ignore list, let alone actually go out of their way to use it...

Besides, why such a hard on for “Dabe’s“, what exactly has this team shown you on offense that you think there isn’t room for improvement at the OC spot?  I’m really interested in hearing your take...

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan