Is Star Lotulelei A Liability on the DL?

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Improving the defensive line would be easier accomplished by focusing on the ends rather than the tackles.

I can't argue this. My only gripe OVERALL is that we don't have a premier pass rusher. Beane was most certainly in the market for one, but it didn't pan out. I see a move in the very near future.

Star is just Star. I think he's easily upgradable, but not really a "problem."

I do think there's merit in discussing a player's worth. It's not like any of us are making decisions on how to proceed.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I can't argue this. My only gripe OVERALL is that we don't have a premier pass rusher. Beane was most certainly in the market for one, but it didn't pan out. I see a move in the very near future.

I do think there's merit in discussing a player's worth. It's not like any of us are making decisions on how to proceed.

I agree with all this.  I would be shocked if we don't draft a baller edge rusher next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Who do you think would be a better fit for this defense?

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Any draft pick or FA able to occupy space and a make more than a handful of tackles per season. Haven't spent a whole lot of time looking into names because Star is here for the 2019 season.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol. Great retort. It's a Bills discussion board. I think we want to discuss Bills football and discuss what we as fans are seeing on the field when the Bills play games. That's the whole point of this message thing.??

Having a voice doesn't absolve you of being an Idiot.

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m curious, are you supposed to check with @DC Tom before throwing that out there? 

He does.

18 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Having a voice doesn't absolve you of being an Idiot.

Actually, it does.  Having a voice is a prerequisite for being an idiot.  If it weren't, I'd only have about 5000 posts, not 70,000.  

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ll be completely honest, I have a hard time judging line play during game day viewing. Can you guys tell in real time (other than the really obvious stuff), do you evaluate watching replays of the broadcast, or do you watch the All-22 to form your opinions. 

I’m am NOT good at judging line play in real time with the TV view. If you can do it better, hats off to you. 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll be completely honest, I have a hard time judging line play during game day viewing. Can you guys tell in real time (other than the really obvious stuff), do you evaluate watching replays of the broadcast, or do you watch the All-22 to form your opinions. 

I’m am NOT good at judging line play in real time with the TV view. If you can do it better, hats off to you. 

It's impossible to judge in real time for me, I need to be able to slow down/rewind action from different angles to get what's going on.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

It's impossible to judge in real time for me, I need to be able to slow down/rewind action from different angles to get what's going on.

Do you work for the NSA, or have you hacked into the Patriots network? If the latter, I hope you are in some sort of witness protection program! Ernie Adams will track you down! 

• Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Today or in the offseason.  There are plenty of good space eaters available for less than $4 million/yr.  Star makes way too much for a guy who doesn't have the capacity to get to the QB or actually make the play.

5 minutes ago, GG said:

Today or in the offseason.  There are plenty of good space eaters available for less than $4 million/yr.  Star makes way too much for a guy who doesn't have the capacity to get to the QB or actually make the play.

Are there, though? 

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Are there, though? 

For the same result that Star has been given?  Absolutely.

Note that on the highlights that you linked, Star actually had a full hold of Michel and could hold on.  Or plays where he gets fully pushed back by a single blocker.

He's a middling space eater who's nowhere near worth his contract at this point.