Kelechi osemele injury situation - very bad look for the Jets (update: Cut)

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

This in my opinion is always a bad look for the team.

That’s how I see it too. I am sure there are two sides to the story. The Jets may in fact be “right” ( i have no idea). But the player and agent decided to put the team on blast and that’s what everyone sees so they look bad. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

This in my opinion is always a bad look for the team.

To be fair, some have challenged the assumption that the Jets are the source of the info, but I don't know where else it would come from.  I don't think the physicians involved are leaking this stuff. 

IMO the right thing for the Jets to do would be to issue an official statement "We dispute the accuracy of the information about Mr Osemele that has been given on social media by his agent and others then reported in the media.  We are handling this as an internal matter and will not have further statements while this is being resolved" or words to that effect.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s how I see it too. I am sure there are two sides to the story. The Jets may in fact be “right” ( i have no idea). But the player and agent decided to put the team on blast and that’s what everyone sees so they look bad. 

I mean, if trying to win the immediate twitter war, the agent striking first was solid I guess. 

but ultimately this might play very different in their own locker room

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To be fair, some have challenged the assumption that the Jets are the source of the info, but I don't know where else it would come from.  I don't think the physicians involved are leaking this stuff. 

IMO the right thing for the Jets to do would be to issue an official statement "We dispute the accuracy of the information about Mr Osemele that has been given on social media by his agent and others then reported in the media.  We are handling this as an internal matter and will not have further statements while this is being resolved" or words to that effect.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

F ***** k the Jests. 

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, if trying to win the immediate twitter war, the agent striking first was solid I guess. 

but ultimately this might play very different in their own locker room

Not sure it matters at all internally given they don’t even want him to play, reportedly he was benched 

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure it matters at all internally given they don’t even want him to play, reportedly he was benched 

if his teammates or those they talk to around the league think they are screwing him it’s pretty much the only place that actually does matter 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

meh. The right thing is likely issuing no statement and sticking to “we just coach players and our team doctors, along with independent medical experts, clear players.”

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You would say that.  I would say that.  Many would say that.

Adam Gase would say "I am the head coach and I can do what I want.".

• Haha (+1) 1

This is a freaking mess for the NFL.  I am certain there will be an investigation, and I am equally certain the general public will never know the full picture because the NFL Will kick it under the carpet so no one judges them for doping up players so they keep playing despite bad injuries... a practice that's gone on for decades, and the NFL has been sued over numerous times.

I don't trust the team doctors at all, but if his health situation was in question so much that he sought out 3 different independent medical opinions, there is 1) obviously something wrong there, and 2) he was looking for a doctor who agreed with him.  If the team doctors and the first 2 independent doctors told him he could play, but the third said he needed surgery and scheduled it immediately, then sounds to me like he wanted to shut it down and have surgery.

Now to be 100% honest, I am fine with that.  Just because the Team doesn't agree, doesn't mean the dude wasn't in an extreme amount of pain and didn't need surgery.  It just means they wanted him to play through it and he didn't want to.  I feel bad for the guy that they're going after him for wanting to do what's right by his body.  It's not like this is elective surgery like having a nose job lol. He should be the one to determine if the pain is too much for him to play out the season, not the team.

The team pressuring him is a TERRIBLE look regardless of how the process all played out.  And if there is any truth to them just doping up players to get them ready to play regardless of injuries, then they should be fined and penalized at least a draft pick.

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

"The source says the Jets have been attempting to delay surgery by sending blank and incorrect MRI images to doctors...even going as far as refusing to release workers comp forms."

There is no way this is true, I dont believe it

Yeah I think it's highly unlikely they'd open themselves up to this kind of lawsuit... I don't doubt maybe they sent the wrong thing at some point, but no way it was intentional.  At best that kind of tactic may be able to delay surgery for what? A day? A Week?  There are still 9 weeks left in the season, it's not like they thought they could pull a fast one by sending the wrong MRI and get this guy to play out the year lol. 

This sounds like a lot of leaks from the player to smear the team.  AGAIN I don't doubt the team did some shady ***** with giving him drugs to mask the pain and asked him to play through it, but I have such a hard time believing all the stuff coming out, it's just insane... if it's true then so be it and the Jets are a DISASTER and a bunch of ***** bags... but I just can't believe it without some sort of proof. 

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

"The source says the Jets have been attempting to delay surgery by sending blank and incorrect MRI images to doctors...even going as far as refusing to release workers comp forms."

There is no way this is true, I dont believe it

The blank MRIs are definitely true, the GM admitted as much (he claims they “mistakenly”sent them, but still.)