Have You Started To Lose Faith in Josh Allen?

In the very nicest tone I can say to the OP

Josh Allen had a horrible game

Josh Allen is the future of this team.....so you damn well better hope that plays well

Belichick makes young QBs look very bad OFTEN

Josh Allen prior to Sunday's game was throwing for over 250 yards a game.......was the major reason for the wins.......

Yes....its not perfect.....yes....I dont like the ball security right now....yes.....I hate that we lost to the patriots.

BUT GIVE IT A REST WITH THIS "BOO HOO Im losing faith in Josh Allen" after one loss...the team is 3 and 1...Josh is a big reason for that.   We are right on schedule to make the playoffs

• Awesome! (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, billsy'est said:

@jrober38 should be banned straight up, and this dates back to the BBMB.

Let's break this down.

• In a (give or take) 200-page thread on the BBMB, where @jrober38 opined that Jay Cutler was better than any of the Bills' QBs and that they should trade a bunch of picks to bring Cutler into the fold.
  • In a multiple-dozen thread, or three, about trading all of the Bills' picks for Jameis Winston, again on the BBMB.
  • In a thread here, how many years ago, about trading all of the Bills' picks for... Carson Wentz.  Does Wentz seem so blue chip these days?  He does not.

It's not that one has a point of view.  It's that's one is a crusader.  For the longest time, in my last run here, I had thought that jeffismagic and @jrober38 were the same person.  Then I realized that they were different people.  Holy *****.  How can two #######s have this obsession with ruining a message board in exactly the same way.  It's not that they have differing opinions from me.  It's that, even if I ignore the heck out of them, the message board is ruined because they reply to everything

With the @jeffismagic rule, @jrober38 should be banned.  And when he returns as spursfan, he should be banned again, and with extreme prejudice.

Bring back jeffismagic though. I mean that dude was right on the money.

8 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Wait, you'd trade Allen for any of those 3?

The Bills would likely be 4-0 with any of those three, so yeah, I would.   At this point, and especially yesterday, Allen isn't a competent NFL QB.   The NFL isn't a pickup game in street in front of your house, but that seems to be what Allen keeps trying to play.

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This is awesome. Thanks.

It'll take a while to dig through, but a few initial reactions.

1. Allen is a very slow starter. His 1st quarter comp % is near the bottom of the league.

2. Allen is consistent over the course of a game (1st half QB Rating = 69.7, 2nd half = 69.5)

3. Looking at #2, given how good he is in the 4th quarter, he must be a complete train wreck in the 3rd quarter

4. He's very efficient in the red zone 

5. He's pretty good on 3rd down

Obvious points of emphasis:

- improve in the 1st quarter

- improve in the 3rd quarter

- improve on 1st down

Thanks for the link. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

In the very nicest tone I can say to the OP

Josh Allen had a horrible game

Josh Allen is the future of this team.....so you damn well better hope that plays well

Belichick makes young QBs look very bad OFTEN

Josh Allen prior to Sunday's game was throwing for over 250 yards a game.......was the major reason for the wins.......

Yes....its not perfect.....yes....I dont like the ball security right now....yes.....I hate that we lost to the patriots.

BUT GIVE IT A REST WITH THIS "BOO HOO Im losing faith in Josh Allen" after one loss...the team is 3 and 1...Josh is a big reason for that.   We are right on schedule to make the playoffs

Sure.

You have made it clear where you stand, however do you not have reservations in the back of your mind?

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Bring back jeffismagic though. I mean that dude was right on the money.

On some perverse level I prefer jeffismagic.  I freaking loved Mahomes, but still, years pass, you get older, you have children, and he's not on the team.  So you deal with it.  At some point it seems counterproductive to complain about what is not about the Bills.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Looks like it's time to edit your username.

I just want to be FireChan again

Just now, billsy'est said:

On some perverse level I prefer jeffismagic.  I freaking loved Mahomes, but still, years pass, you get older, you have children, and he's not on the team.  So you deal with it.  At some point it seems counterproductive to complain about what is not about the Bills.

I mean if I was ridiculed for months about QB love and then that QB turned out to be the Lebron of the NFL, I would rub it in everyone’s face until I died.

45 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Lol they telegraphed cover 0 over and over. Josh threw off his back foot without pressure for two easy picks. BB had a good game plan because it rattled Josh and put him in a position to implode, which he did.

Like every other inexperienced QB that plays against the Patriots.  Maybe you can find 1 or 2 exceptions, but the majority of 1st & 2nd year QBs end up looking like fools when matched up against a Belichick defense.  

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This is awesome. Thanks.

It'll take a while to dig through, but a few initial reactions.

1. Allen is a very slow starter. His 1st quarter comp % is near the bottom of the league.

2. Allen is consistent over the course of a game (1st half QB Rating = 69.7, 2nd half = 69.5)

3. Looking at #2, given how good he is in the 4th quarter, he must be a complete train wreck in the 3rd quarter

4. He's very efficient in the red zone 

5. He's pretty good on 3rd down

Obvious points of emphasis:

- improve in the 1st quarter

- improve in the 3rd quarter

- improve on 1st down

Thanks for the link. 

You're welcome.  Allen has a long way to go.  I just feel its way too soon to throw the towel in just yet.  Allen could be one of the best in the league if he can learn and cut down the mistakes.  He could also be one of the worst if he doesn't.  He certainly has to improve.  His attitude and ability is definitely there.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I just want to be FireChan again

I mean if I was ridiculed for months about QB love and then that QB turned out to be the Lebron of the NFL, I would rub it in everyone’s face until I died.

Yes, but as a lurker, I'm sure that you should post 1,000,000+ times about it.  And that is my gripe with the mighty @jrober38.  Yes, his assessments are correct enough.  But no, nobody wants to read about it many times over.  Yeah, I get it, and yeah we probably agree.  I'm post middle age, so let's get on with it.

Edited by billsy'est

6 minutes ago, billsy'est said:

But the idea that Mahomes success happens in a vacuum, meaning he'd be just as good on the Bills over the last 2-3 years, with our non-QB-centric coaching staff, not having a chance to sit for a full season behind a 10yr vet/former #1 overall QB, behind what has been a horrible line the last 2 years... just isnt valid.

The Offensive SCHEME alone that Reid is running is light years ahead of what Dabol is running currently.

I like Mahomes, but we would have turned him into another JP Losman, and we'd be posting in a thread about "Is it time to move on from Mahomes?"

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsy'est said:

This is where I am at. I liked Mahommes as well, although, I don't think there were many people who thought he was going to be as good as he has turned out to be. The point is: What good does it do to complain about things you can't control or you can't change?

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I dont remember anyone ridiculing him that he was wrong about Mahomes, just that it didnt matter because you cant change history, and the situations werent the same.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

You're welcome.  Allen has a long way to go.  I just feel its way too soon to throw the towel in just yet.  Allen could be one of the best in the league if he can learn and cut down the mistakes.  He could also be one of the worst if he doesn't.  He certainly has to improve.  His attitude and ability is definitely there.  

I agree. The talent is there, he needs to cut it out with the boneheaded errors. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Sure.

You have made it clear where you stand, however do you not have reservations in the back of your mind?

Nope

Josh Allen has already shown that he is a winner.....will he make it to the level of top 5 QBs?  I cant answer that too many variables.

down by 6......one minute left to go in the game......I want Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

But the idea that Mahomes success happens in a vaccuum, meaning he'd be just as good on the Bills over the last 2-3 years, with our non-QB-centric coaching staff, not having a chance to sit for a full season behind a 10yr vet/former #1 overall QB, behind what has been a horrible line the last 2 years... just isnt valid.

The Offensive SCHEME alone that Reid is running is light years ahead of what Dabol is running currently.

I like Mahomes, but we would have turned him into another JP Losman, and we'd be posting in a thread about "Is it time to move on from Mahomes?"

Okay, so final thoughts before I return to lurk mode until the end of the season and beyond.  The Ryan regime would've ruined Mahomes for sure, and Doug Whaley... ugh.  He was great, he seems to be a generational talent at the position, and yet I do not care... because he isn't on this team, probably will never end up on this team, and you don't cut bait with a top-10 draft pick at the position for at least 3 years.

My point remains: @jrober38 is toxic and should be excised from TBD if he can't keep it in his pants if only slightly.  This is a fantastic message board and I love reading it from Friday through Monday while I sip my coffee after the kids are out of the house.  Don't wreck it.  Revise, and in the absence of that guy.