Have You Started To Lose Faith in Josh Allen?

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Like every other inexperienced QB that plays against the Patriots.  Maybe you can find 1 or 2 exceptions, but the majority of 1st & 2nd year QBs end up looking like fools when matched up against a Belichick defense.  

Allen looked better last year against a Belichick defense.

What you want to see is a guy who learns from his mistakes. So far at least, Josh is not that guy. Not only is he not learning season to season, preseason to regular season, or week to week. He’s not learning within a single game! Even with the coaching staff sitting him down and telling him what NOT to do. If he wasn’t wearing a Bills uniform he’d be crucified. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm not worried about the INTs this early in his career. That's often part of the learning curve. I am somewhat concerned about the area code accuracy on his deep balls and his tendency to Rob Johnson the ball and take sacks in the worst possible situations. But his clutch gene and physical dominance keep me hanging on.

No need to make a determination right now. By season's end we should have a pretty good idea of what we have. In the meantime, I'm going to try to enjoy the show.

• Like (+1) 1

Brady's completion % in the game ended up same as Allen's.  And it was Brady who threw the endzone int.  Also Brady was not sacked at all and got lucky on 2 throws that should have been called grounding.  Biggest difference is Brady threw some passes away whereas Josh tried to force them in.  Allen did have a bad game, and if he had a great game Bills likely would have won.  I think though it would have still taken more than if Allen had just shown up and made a few passes and handed the ball off.  

I think the last QB to have a great game against the Patriots was the middle of last year.  
Whats really amazing is how so many Bills fans seem to think Allen should come out every game and play great every quarter he's on the field.  Which seems odd  considering they haven't really had many if any good QB's in last 20 years or so and Bills receiving corp is still considered to be in the lower 1/3 of the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What you want to see is a guy who learns from his mistakes. So far at least, Josh is not that guy. Not only is he not learning season to season, preseason to regular season, or week to week. He’s not learning within a single game! Even with the coaching staff sitting him down and telling him what NOT to do. If he wasn’t wearing a Bills uniform he’d be crucified. 

Exactly, this is the main reason I started the thread.  What we saw yesterday was Josh Allen - the Wyoming QB who was reckless, made terrible decisions, and was lost playing against a good defense:  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

Exactly, this is the main reason I started the thread.  What we saw yesterday was Josh Allen - the Wyoming QB who was reckless, made terrible decisions, and was lost playing against a good defense:  

I'm disappointed that Josh is creeping back. Especially when Dabol seems to be telling him the same stuff over and over and it's not sticking. He needs to sit a game and a bye.

• Like (+1) 1

He hasn't even played a full season of games and has a bad game against the best defense in football and you are losing faith???? He was starting to play more his game when he took the cheap shot hit to the head.   So he may of actually had a chance to redeem himse;f in the final quarter but was knocked out.  He is definitely our leader and I hope he's better very soon.  Yes, he needs to make less mistakes, but all good quarterbacks made mistakes early on in their careers.  Please don't get down on players after a bad game.  Maybe the Pats fans should be doubting Tom Brady too?  45% QBrating this game

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm disappointed that Josh is creeping back. Especially when Dabol seems to be telling him the same stuff over and over and it's not sticking. He needs to sit a game and a bye.

You can’t sit him on the bench unless he truly is unable to play due to the concussion protocol.  

The Bills needs to see Allen in as many game situations as possible this year.  If he fails to progress, by the end of the season they many need to think of a contingency plan.  

But you can’t evaluate with Allen on the bench

8 hours ago, Flutie Flakes said:

Before you question Josh Allen, why don't you start with our o-line?  They have been far from stellar in all four games this season.

I had some friends yesterday that said Josh had a lot of time in the pocket yesterday.  Did we watch the same game?  The online is better than last year, but still struggling at times...

And anyone that's giving up on a QB 4 games into his second season needs some perspective on achieving results.  Rome was not build in a day, kids.  :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DQW87 said:

He hasn't even played a full season of games and has a bad game against the best defense in football and you are losing faith???? He was starting to play more his game when he took the cheap shot hit to the head.   So he may of actually had a chance to redeem himse;f in the final quarter but was knocked out.  He is definitely our leader and I hope he's better very soon.  Yes, he needs to make less mistakes, but all good quarterbacks made mistakes early on in their careers.  Please don't get down on players after a bad game.  Maybe the Pats fans should be doubting Tom Brady too?  45% QBrating this game

Yes....there’s a huge difference between Brady and Allen and you know it!  

My concern wasn’t that he played a poor game against NE.  He played one of his worst games ever.  He was so brutal it was painful. We shouldn’t be seeing this type of performance after 16 games.

Also when you factor in his first 3 up and down games of the season against inferior team - yes I’m concerned.  Not sure if he ever will overcome these negative tendencies.

He hasn’t show this ability over the first 16 games

You can’t sit him on the bench unless he truly is unable to play due to the concussion protocol.  

The Bills needs to see Allen in as many game situations as possible this year.  If he fails to progress, by the end of the season they many need to think of a contingency plan.  

But you can’t evaluate with Allen on the bench

I disagree. It's equally as bad to keep playing him when he's not breaking those bad habits. The concussion thing might be just what we needed. Let Josh sit this week and the bye. Then bring him back for the Dolphins, a good confidence booster.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

My concern wasn’t that he played a poor game against NE.  He played one of his worst games ever.  He was so brutal it was painful. We shouldn’t be seeing this type of performance after 16 games.

Also when you factor in his first 3 up and down games of the season against inferior team - yes I’m concerned.  Not sure if he ever will overcome these negative tendencies.

Brady was staked an early 13-0 lead and the Pats ran the clock out conservatively (after the INT) to a nice comfortable road victory

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

I had some friends yesterday that said Josh had a lot of time in the pocket yesterday.  Did we watch the same game?  The online is better than last year, but still struggling at times...

And anyone that's giving up on a QB 4 games into his second season needs some perspective on achieving results.  Rome was not build in a day, kids.  :beer: 

How do you explain the success of a player like Daniel Jones?  In just a few starts, he is elevating the entire offense.

How much time should we give Allen?  5 years?  6 years?

If he’s any good we should see progress soon.  And “progress” was not what we saw yesterday 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

This is honestly why I'm not worried though. On the first 2 picks Allen had wide open receivers and he looked right at them. He just got greedy and went for the "wow throw" kill shot. In time they can coach that out of him. You worry when your guy isn't seeing the right play, on both picks Josh saw the underneath guy open, he just went for the home run. He's the anti-Trent Edwards. Give me Allen all day over a guy you have to beg to take chances.

Josh just seemed overwhelmed yesterday, and probably felt extremely obligated to carry this team. The Patriots defense also had a say.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I disagree. It's equally as bad to keep playing him when he's not breaking those bad habits. The concussion thing might be just what we needed. Let Josh sit this week and the bye. Then bring him back for the Dolphins, a good confidence booster.

Unless you’re a fan of QB purgatory, that’s a terrible idea

How do you explain the success of a player like Daniel Jones?  In just a few starts, he is elevating the entire offense.

How much time should we give Allen?  5 years?  6 years?

If he’s any good we should see progress soon.  And “progress” was not what we saw yesterday 

2 starts. Replacing Eli who was completely 1 dimensional, and barely had that dimension left. And teams have no film on Jones.

Jones isnt playing crazy, lights out QB. He's just a youth injection that his team is rallying around.

Once DCs get tape on him, he'll come back down to Earth. Just like Mayfield.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

No, he has at the least all of this season, people are forgetting that Like it or not, Josh started his pro career well behind in correct coaching techniques, hence, a raw recruit, everyone has said this, like it or not, he is still lagging in this fashion. Josh is trying to make up for lost time while playing pro ball. Maybe getting his azs handed to him, and getting knocked out, will cause him to realize he ain’t all that yet, and needs to buckle down all the more. I think he can grow from this azs kicking, and make solid changes to his play. Have faith Bills brethren.

Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Your justification of your agenda is flat out insane......

They are NFL teams......they have losing records because WE GAVE THEM A LOSS....you have absolutely no idea how teams like say..the bengals are going to end up doing this year.

Also...this stupid remarks about not progressing....I have seen PLENTY of plays this year where Josh has thrown a ball away......or worked his short game....or stayed in the pocket intead of running (sometimes to his detriment) this year to say that he is not progressing......ENOUGH OF THAT

He had a bad game where he through 3 picks......he has put the ball on the ground in the first 4 games...he has also WON those games........

Just stupid...and right after a loss being 3 and 1 which make sit EVEN MORE STUPID

• Thank you (+1) 1