Josh Allen Failed His First Big Test

corta765

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

but yet you want to put this loss on Allen. Interesting. So does it Matter our Offense scored the same amount as the vaunted Brady and Patriots?  Does that matter now or no

jrober38 only comes out when Allen does poorly. don't waste your breath

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I can tolerate some physical mistakes but I can't tolerate mental ones. You could see Dabol pleading with him to use his head. He's not learning from mistakes of previous games. Some are absolutely identical.  I think he has slow eyes and struggles to read defenses. That's why he holds the ball so long. We all knew he was going to be a "project". But clearly these mistakes are going to take longer than expected to flush out of his system. All day Fouts was saying is this the Good Josh or the Bad Josh. I pray this kid figures it out, I'm not getting any younger.....

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

Typical Bills fans throwing a young QB under the bus after a bad game against a solid team. We’re 3-1 with our only loss coming to the ***** Patriots. The media has been drooling over their defense all week for a reason and we just seen it. That and a lot of blown calls that always go the Pats way.  Allen has got to smarten up for sure, but what’s up with abandoning the no huddle when it worked great at the end of the 2nd and start of the 3rd? Isn’t the coaches job to put this guy in position to be successful? He clearly had his way with the Pats during those drives.  I understand wanting to run the ball but when you find a weakness in a good D you got to take advantage of it. 

I’m a big Allen guy. The future hasn’t felt brighter at OBD in years. Much of that is due to Allen. I think most people are actually being reasonable. We are just concerned about him cleaning up the decision making issues.  

Just now, jrober38 said:

You act like Allen was playing great the first 3 weeks. 

News flash! He wasn't.

When Allen has been good this year, he's been okay.

When he's been bad, he's been really bad.

and yet All that REALLY BAD have the Bills sitting at 

YEP STILL 3-1 

2 minutes ago, unclepete said:

He just isn't accurate. Even when the completion % is good his passes are off target. He's a gamer, and tough as nails. But we're still limited based off of his accracy issues. 

Its not that he is inaccurate but at times his mechanics fall apart and his decision making combine gets him in trouble. The INT with Zay Jones is a perfect example where he threw off his back foot which caused it slightly underthrown. Had he set properly it’s a TD or incomplete 

Just now, matter2003 said:

Ehh...he got an incomplete...he is usually clutch in the 4th Q but he was knocked out early in the Q...

If he played smarter we don’t need a comeback. 

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Now do Brady.

Brady made one bad throw all day that was intercepted. 

The rest of the day he was moved off his spot, and uncomfortable in the pocket. His receivers were well covered and there were hardly any plays for his offense to make throughout the day. 

Brady knows how to take care of the football. Because he did that today, his team won the game. 

Our defense was outstanding today, and we held them to 9 points, yet we lost the game because our offense turned the ball over so many times. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Why can't anyone have a conversation about how our QB has been one of the worst starters in the league this year?

Why is this just being dismissed?

Because that would be heresy. If you don’t believe in the process and Allen you aren’t a fan. You are a negative Nancy. All I know is the eye test. Josh is making the same mistakes week in and week out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

Its not that he is inaccurate but at times his mechanics fall apart and his decision making combine gets him in trouble. The INT with Zay Jones is a perfect example where he threw off his back foot which caused it slightly underthrown. Had he set properly it’s a TD or incomplete 

If he played smarter we don’t need a comeback. 

Also if he played smarter, he wouldn’t have gotten knocked out of the game. He should have had the chance to lead a forth quarter rally. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

You act like Allen was playing great the first 3 weeks. 

News flash! He wasn't.

When Allen has been good this year, he's been okay.

When he's been bad, he's been really bad.

I think he's clearly a better QB than what he was last year...and I think he's got a ways to go.

Why you feel so desperate to validate a pre-draft take that was absurd from the start that you only show up in a post-game thread after his first lousy performance of the season is what is baffling.

• Like (+1) 2

The rest of the day he was moved off his spot, and uncomfortable in the pocket. His receivers were well covered and there were hardly any plays for his offense to make throughout the day. 

Brady knows how to take care of the football. Because he did that today, his team won the game. 

Our defense was outstanding today, and we held them to 9 points, yet we lost the game because our offense turned the ball over so many times. 

Really. Brady was HORRIBLE and not accurate. The thing is HE gets the benefit of not allowed to be touched and also allowed to intentionally ground the ball without ever being called 

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Shall we also talk about the 8 game plus 200 yard streak that we haven’t had since Kelly?

or what about the improvement in Completion % evidenced by his much better short to middle accuracy. 

or what about his spreading the Ball around with multiple WRs in first three games?

8 games of 200 yards is one of the most pathetic achievements we can can brag about. 

It’s basically admitting the QB position has been absolute dog crap for 20 years. I think it says more about our team than Allen.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

8 games of 200 yards is one of the most pathetic achievements we can can brag about. 

It’s basically admitting the QB position has been absolute dog crap for 20 years.

It has. And now it's not.

Tough for people to understand, apparently.

He was horrible.

The Pats scored 10 offensive points and didn't deserve to win.

Like I said: great defenses make even good QBs look bad.

It happened to Brady today.

It also happened to Allen.

Your agenda won't let you see that. For you, it HAS to be about more than that.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

It’s basically admitting the QB position has been absolute dog crap for 20 years.

ummmm it has been. But again that does show improvement and contradicts the points of no improvement being shown

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Really. Brady was HORRIBLE and not accurate. The thing is HE gets the benefit of not allowed to be touched and also allowed to intentionally ground the ball without ever being called 

Brady took what was there, which was next to nothing.

Our defense is outstanding.

Brady, unlike Allen, knows when to not throw the ball into coverage. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

yep it is and Josh Allen is a 3-1 QB. 

Way to contradict yourself.

LMAO

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

No because the the officiating refused to call consecutive grounding and refused to call holding they had better field position than they deserved. That changed how the game was played.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

4 turnovers. What game where you watching?  He had 3 picks. 

And less wins. So what is your point?

Allen is not playing like a franchise QB while younger QB's are already showing more promise, and then ofc we have the Mahomes issue.  Allen said he'd stop the hero ball crap after that terrible pick in the Bengals game, yet he fell right back into that ***** today. Not good, doesn't look like he's capable of not falling back on the poor decision making, add to that his accuracy on the deep ball is nonexistent.