Josh Allen Failed His First Big Test

corta765

Just now, jrober38 said:

Why can't anyone have a conversation about how our QB has been one of the worst starters in the league this year?

Why is this just being dismissed?

Maybe because the guy that declared him a bust before he took a snap, who hasn't had anything to say for a month, shows up after his first lousy game of the year and starts with the same old crappola?  Just a hunch

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is the game that all the Allen haters from the draft have been waiting for. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

We should be 4-0 right now.

We should be considered a Super Bowl contender given how good the defense is.

mans Maybe we would be if Not for a CHEAP shot on a play when Allen leading them down the field for a go ahead score?  He has how many Game winning drives in his short career 5?

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Maybe because the guy that declared him a bust before he took a snap, who hasn't had anything to say for a month, shows up after his first lousy game of the year and starts with the same old crappola?  Just a hunch

Is it "crappola" if it's all true? 

I've been here for the past month. Said Allen played well reasonably well multiple times and I wanted to see him against a real opponent. 

Allen played his worst game of the year against a great defense. You can’t throw 3 picks in an NFL game and expect to win. He also fumbled. The sack on 3rd down helped attribute to the kick just going wide left. He makes careless errors and in big games you lose. Brady has built a career off of taking the easy check down. There were plenty of open check downs and Allen simply doesn’t look for them enough. 

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Allen played his worst game of the year against a great defense. You can’t throw 3 picks in an NFL game and expect to win. He also fumbled. The sack on 3rd down helped attribute to the kick just going wide left. He makes careless errors and in big games you lose. Brady has built a career off of taking the easy check down. There were plenty of open check downs and Allen simply doesn’t look for them enough. 

many NFL Kicker should make that kick. 

no lost fumbles today. Ooo and after all that he was driving the team for a go ahead drive before the Helmet to Helmet. 

What worries me is that all of the INT's were not "rookie" mistakes by being fooled by coverage or scheme - they were all really dumb throws to receivers who were not open.

On many of the sacks, he had plenty of time and should have either thrown the ball away or taken off to run,

At this point, he needs to be (and should already be) smarter in his situational awareness.

Just now, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

He makes the same mistakes week in and week out.

There's no evidence on the field he's learning anything from his mistakes. 

3-1 yeah good evidence 

5 game winning drive in not even a full season of starts?

6 minutes ago, Bevis said:

Been trying to tell ppl this but they don't want to listen.

I was on the bandwagon of not worrying about Allen myself. He’s still young, and hasn’t started many games. Winning our first three games had me in good spirits about the team, and I still love his potential. Maybe I’m currently blinded by the disappointment of another Pats loss, but his poor decision needs to improve. He played some really good games during the last half of 2018. Allen hasn’t played any good games through the first quarter of this season. That needs to change, or we all have cause for concern at years end. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

many NFL Kicker should make that kick. 

no lost fumbles today. Ooo and after all that he was driving the team for a go ahead drive before the Helmet to Helmet. 

It was recovered by the OL as was a Barkley fumble. I’m against the hit but Beasley didn’t block the hitter who leveled Allen as he was going down. Protect your QB don’t stand and watch.

Shall we also talk about the 8 game plus 200 yard streak that we haven’t had since Kelly?

or what about the improvement in Completion % evidenced by his much better short to middle accuracy. 

or what about his spreading the Ball around with multiple WRs in first three games?

• Like (+1) 1