Josh Allen Failed His First Big Test

corta765

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

but...we knew what belichek was gonna throw at him like he did all game long and did nothing to counter attack that...let alone allen's bone headed throws. i don't know if there was gonna be some automatic game saving switch that was gonna suddenly come on

Still waiting on the double fourth and goal attempt game from Jauron.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

I don't think any of them would start for us.

You offered up Van Noy. 

And you said we’ll that’s just one.  Same crap you pulled on the BBMB- make outlandish statements and when proven wrong either change the subject or claim you never said what you said.  Sad to have such little integrity.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Not to beat a dead horse but they went with the short passing game and ran the ball during that stretch.  JA was managed.  Don’t understand why the entire game wasn’t schemed like that series.

Maybe the 4th(?) throw was a short toss left to a wide openly Beasley. Josh just had the jitters and missed it. Hit that, get a little confidence and who knows what it might have looked like? 

This is why I said don’t get too high or too low based on one game. Josh will grow from this. I’m not 100% sold on him, but I won’t crush him for today. 

27 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Bear and Chicago? Did you mean the Pats?

Anyways, I think the Bills are the most complete D in the NFL, the Bears have the best front seven, and the Pats have the best secondary (I don't think their front seven is very good). 

I think the Bears and Bills at 1a and 1b. 

New England has a good defense, but I don't think it's elite. They don't have any game changers in their front seven, although all their role players fill their roles very well.

Yeah Pats - fixed

They have a damn good D and front 7 that get's constant pressure on QB's and shuts running games down (up until today). They basically help or play as a unit like the Bills did today.  

Allen has to get his turnovers in check. Allen has to not take sacks when in field goal range and just throw the ball away. Allen needs to take better care of his body when running or he won't last long enough to even become franchise. Allen needs to seriously work on his deep balls.

Allen will not have to see a D as good as the Pars for awhile now. Let's see if he can learn from his mistakes and grow. I will continue to support him 

We can't take 18yrs of Pats dominance against our Bills and throw it all at Allen. A kid that is still learning and developing.

Edited by Real McCoy

11 minutes ago, Bevis said:

Last year in week 4, Trubisky threw 6 TD's and took the next step in his quest to be a franchise QB. Allen is simply struggling too much and is simply not on par with those who came before him, or those drafted alongside him.

Ha ha ha so how is Mitch doing based off your statement must be a HOFer right?

2 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Not to beat a dead horse but they went with the short passing game and ran the ball during that stretch.  JA was managed.  Don’t understand why the entire game wasn’t schemed like that series.

But it's a dead horse worth beating.  I think they put to much on Allen's plate today.  They needed to keep it simple.  Allen is a young QB going up against the evil genius Belichick.  Quick hitting passes and running the football.  Way to many empty sets.  And maybe it's just me but what use is an empty backfield with 4 wide outs if two of the wide outs on one side of the field are Gore & DeMarco?  Seriously!  That's supposed to put the fear of God in a defense. 

Gore had an awesome day for a 36 year old RB.  But with Singleterry out the Bills have one of the weakest backfields in the NFL.  There is NO game breaking capacity there.  And I would suggest that Gore's 100 yards came in large part because the Pats didn't care about our running game.  If they had, Allen would not have been under that type of pressure and would have had more guys running open today.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Yeah Pats - fixed

They have a damn good D and front 7 that get's constant pressure on QB's and shuts running games down (up until today). They basically help or play as a unit like the Bills did today.  

Allen has to get his turnovers in check. Allen has to not takes sacks when in field goal range and just throw the ball away. Allen needs to take better care of his body when running or he won't last long enough to even become franchise. Allen needs to seriously work on his deep balls.

Allen will not have to see a D as good as the Pars for awhile now. Let's see if he can learn from his mistakes and grow. I will continue to support him 

TN’s D is good. 

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Sure 6 TDs total against 9 turnovers. I don’t want my QB committing 36 turnovers it’s not sustainable. He needs to do better I believe he can but today was a step back

Be careful man dont forget to add in the 24 TDs

Or your narrative is flawed ?