Let's overreact to Week 3 in the NFL: Are the Bills for real? - ESPN

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

This reminds me a bit of the 87-88 Bills.  They are getting decent..  Showing signs of joining the NFL, strong defense, offense beginning to figure it out. 

Not sure they have completely arrived yet the way the 88 Bills did.   

the Bills were horrible the first 2 years under Kelly, then got to the AFC title game in 1988, they had no chance that day against Ickey's World

no sure how getting to the AFC title game is "showing signs"

the problem was being on the road at Cleveland the next year in the playoffs, i forget what happened to make them drop off like that.

I’m not so much looking ahead but if we do lose to NE, next weeks game is probably going to be our biggest game of the year @ Tennessee. The titans game is a must win it sets us up for tie breaker scenarios in the AFC to make the playoffs. So no matter what happens this Sunday, next week in Nashville will be make or break IMO!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Understand your point but you do realize this will be the first true test this season for the Patriots. They are 3-0 with victories over opponents who are 0-9. Bills have won without playing a complete game yet. This would be a great game to be strong in all four quarters. Love they direction this team is going!

The difference is the Bills struggled to put those teams away and needed comebacks to win 2 of them, meanwhile the Patriots have cruised through their 3 games winning easily by double digits. Was there a time so far this season where the Pats have trailed a game? The Bills W/L record might be the same as others, but they have made their supposed easy schedule look much tougher then it should have been while others have made theirs look easy.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

It’s a sign of development.

And, in this NFL, it’s essential!

Without looking at them all, you just know that those QBs who did so frequently are in the star echelon of the NFL! 

I won’t give you Brees, who is in his own HOF- 124 x 300 yards in his career- almost NINE Seasons of 300+ yard games, with records for most 400 yarders.

In 2018...Take Mahomes. He had 10/16. Old Man Rivers had 5/16.

Allen must get better.

Duh of coarse he needs to get better.  Hes in his second season as a very raw passer coming into the league.

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

When you couple the 3-0 start with the fact they have 3 more games against Jets and Miami, I get hopeful for a playoff run. I looked over the schedule and there is probably 4 games right now that the Bills would be underdogs in. Not saying we win 12 games but 10 is achievable.

Barring a major injury itll be 10 or 11. 

Glancing down the schedule and marking off what appears to be  a solid win candidate is easy.

Actually winning all of those games with no exceptions is the hard part.

There isn't much margin for error on this year's schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

I’m not so much looking ahead but if we do lose to NE, next weeks game is probably going to be our biggest game of the year @ Tennessee. The titans game is a must win it sets us up for tie breaker scenarios in the AFC to make the playoffs. So no matter what happens this Sunday, next week in Nashville will be make or break IMO!

I've been thinking the exact same thing for the past couple of weeks.  Tennessee is a team that we should probably beat, but it's going to be a tough road test.  In some ways, it's a bigger game than this week's.  

1 hour ago, Nester said:

i would feel much better about being 3--0 if we had beat actual non horrible teams or if we had beat them badly.

All 3 wins vs baddies where way too close for comfort.

or if they hadn't squeaked out two of those wins by the skin of their teeth.

it won't be a clown show opponent this time, first time this year

edit:  apparently the Jets and Bengals CHOKED!!!! both those games away to gift the BIlls wins...

Edited by row_33

4 hours ago, skibum said:

I think reality sets in this Sunday. The Bills D should be able to keep it from becoming a jailbreak, but I don't see a win happening unless the D also puts up some points. 

I predict a close, low scoring first half, followed by the Pats rolling in the second. 33-13 final score.

The Bills have so far shown an inability to "make adjustments" at halftime, as they say, coming out very tepid in the 3rd quarter. The Pats are the best in the business at making those adjustments. 

Yeah, the only problem with your prediction is that this is exactly what has happened in the first four McD/Belichick matchups.  McD doesn't have a problem scheming the Bills' D to limit the Pats*** effectiveness, he just hasn't had a competent offense until (hopefully) now.

If Josh shows he has learned from his first Belichick exposure and the Bills' offense plays the way it has for the first three weeks of the season, this should be a ball game into the 4th quarter.

Winning at the end of a game is a bad thing now?

Top 2 QBs with the most 4th quarter comebacks:

1.  Peyton Manning

2.  Tom Brady & Johnny Unitas

They turned out fine. I'm not sure those comebacks were all against top notch competition in 'big' games.

• Like (+1) 1