Pats* release Antonio Brown

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If Rosenhaus doesn’t let him go first.  He’s not making money off of AB anymore after this....why put up with the headache?

AB loves the media circus, drops the retirement Tweet minutes before game time. His style is to create even more drama by dumping his agent right before Monday night football. " I FIRED THE MF"

Edited by HOUSE

8 minutes ago, ALF said:

AB might go this route

Report: Monetary value of Colin Kaepernick settlement released

"Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid, the NFL stars who alleged the league’s teams colluded to keep them off the field after they led protests during the national anthem, will receive less than $10 million to settle grievances with the league, according to people briefed on the deal."

https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Colin-Kaepernick-settlement-amount-10-million--130346780/

....effed up part is the NFL fraternity is a privilege and not a right......they are a singular employer.....and if they choose NOT to allow you entry into their fraternity, so what?......if a singular employer chooses not to hire you (a/k/a entry into their "fraternity"), how does that differ?....what a I missing here?...........

4 hours ago, Doc said:

True, it's completely far-fetched to think that a guy who was cut for rape has other unsavory things in his past that were unearthed by a GM looking to potentially trade for him.  Good one.

You came around to Beane just kicking the tires on Brown but not wanting to give him any new money.  I believe you called it "silly" to think that he'd do so.

And only Beane's detectives could find this info.....come on doc.

And I said any reservations Beane would have would be that AB quit on the Steelers, not some locker room issue with Poyer as many here laughably claimed would prevent Beane from ANY interest in AB.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

And only Beane's detectives could find this info.....come on doc.

And I said any reservations Beane would have would be that AB quit on the Steelers, not some locker room issue with Poyer as many here laughably claimed would prevent Beane from ANY interest in AB.

No, I'm sure other teams also looked into him, which is why there was no market for him and his contract demands except for Oakland, a dumb organization.  Good thing for them Brown is even dumber, doing things to get his $30M in guarantees voided.  But they lost high 3rd and 5th round picks that they won't be getting back.  Although that might be a good thing with the way they've drafted...

And I've been consistent from the beginning that Beane wasn't wiling to pay Brown and that that's why he didn't go to Buffalo.  You said that he was willing to pay Brown well because otherwise he wouldn't have inquired but Brown refused them and that's been proven false.  Your recent backtracking claiming that you never said that is funny.

And whether he investigated him or not (again not unusual for GM's to investigate prospective players and obviously there was stuff in his background) and that factored into his decision or not is immaterial.  But I realize that's all you have to go after so have at it.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

No, I'm sure other teams also looked into him, which is why there was no market for him and his contract demands except for Oakland, a dumb organization.  Good thing for them Brown is even dumber, doing things to get his $30M in guarantees voided.  But they lost high 3rd and 5th round picks that they won't be getting back.  Although that might be a good thing with the way they've drafted...

And I've been consistent from the beginning that Beane wasn't wiling to pay Brown and that that's why he didn't go to Buffalo.  You said that he was willing to pay Brown well because otherwise he wouldn't have inquired but Brown refused them and that's been proven false.  Your recent backtracking claiming that you never said that is funny.

And whether he investigated him or not (again not unusual for GM's to investigate prospective players and obviously there was stuff in his background) and that factored into his decision or not is immaterial.  But I realize that's all you have to go after so have at it.

Then why did you make that up?  You have no info to back that up.  

And what do you mean "he wasn't willing to pay him"?  He obviously wasn't going to give him crazy money, but he knew what the market for a top WR was.  It would have cost Beane a big chunk of money (i.e. "paid Brown well")  and there obviously was a price he would have paid.  It just wasn't what AB wanted. None of this could be more simple.  You're making less sense all the time, doc.

You can't accept that, for the right price,  this organization would have been happy to have crazy AB on the roster this off season.

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Then why did you make that up?  You have no info to back that up.  

And what do you mean "he wasn't willing to pay him"?  He obviously wasn't going to give him crazy money, but he knew what the market for a top WR was.  It would have cost Beane a big chunk of money (i.e. "paid Brown well")  and there obviously was a price he would have paid.  It just wasn't what AB wanted. None of this could be more simple.  You're making less sense all the time, doc.

You can't accept that, for the right price,  this organization would have been happy to have crazy AB on the roster this off season.

You're "making it up" that Beane didn't do his job and investigate Brown, finding some other skeleton in his closet like, say, leaving a bad tip or throwing a thot off a party bus.  Unless we know definitively either way, it's speculation.  But again, he had a major skeleton in his closet and GM's investigate players they're thinking of acquiring.  These aren't even debatable.  Then again, I doubt the Raiders investigated and it's possible the Cheaters didn't either, depending on whether you believe the reports that Rosenhaus told them this was coming down the pike.

But again it makes no difference to the main point I've been making all along which is that Beane didn't want to give Brown a new contract, which meant no new money, based on what he pulled in Pgh.  So he, as you finally were forced to admit, just "kicked the tires," it went no further and there's no harm in that.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

You're "making it up" that Beane didn't do his job and investigate Brown, finding some other skeleton in his closet like, say, leaving a bad tip or throwing a thot off a party bus.  Unless we know definitively either way, it's speculation.  But again, he had a major skeleton in his closet and GM's investigate players they're thinking of acquiring.  These aren't even debatable.  Then again, I doubt the Raiders investigated and it's possible the Cheaters didn't either, depending on whether you believe the reports that Rosenhaus told them this was coming down the pike.

But again it makes no difference to the main point I've been making all along which is that Beane didn't want to give Brown a new contract, which meant no new money, based on what he pulled in Pgh.  So he, as you finally were forced to admit, just "kicked the tires," it went no further and there's no harm in that.

Forced to admit....that the Bills didn't make an offer.  That's obvious.  I have no idea what you are going on about there.

As for finding skeletons in his closet, no chance Beane was the only one who looked, let alone actually found anything like what came out recently.  That never happened doc.  Your claiming (very recently) that their research revealed "skeletons" that, along with not wanting too over pay was "probably" the reason Beane backed away is a joke.  It's absurd.  

Then price was too high.  Just leave it at that and do yourself less self harm.

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Forced to admit....that the Bills didn't make an offer.  That's obvious.  I have no idea what you are going on about there.

As for finding skeletons in his closet, no chance Beane was the only one who looked, let alone actually found anything like what came out recently.  That never happened doc.  Your claiming (very recently) that their research revealed "skeletons" that, along with not wanting too over pay was "probably" the reason Beane backed away is a joke.  It's absurd.  

Then price was too high.  Just leave it at that and do yourself less self harm.

Ah, so now it's obvious that the Bills didn't make an offer, when before you were insistent that Beane wouldn't have tried to trade for him without knowing that Brown wanted significant guaranteed money and not the "no guaranteed money" I was telling you about and was later confirmed.  You've become a pretzel, WEO.  Extra salty, of course.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Ah, so now it's obvious that the Bills didn't make an offer, when before you were insistent that Beane wouldn't have tried to trade for him without knowing that Brown wanted significant guaranteed money and not the "no guaranteed money" I was telling you about and was later confirmed.  You've become a pretzel, WEO.

The Bills didn't make an offer to AB.  

Beane (and the world) knew AB wanted guaranteed money.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ah, so now it's obvious that the Bills didn't make an offer, when before you were insistent that Beane wouldn't have tried to trade for him without knowing that Brown wanted significant guaranteed money and not the "no guaranteed money" I was telling you about and was later confirmed.  You've become a pretzel, WEO.  Extra salty, of course.

So incoherent, you said it twice.

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It doesn't change the fact that Beane knew AB wanted guaranteed money on signing.  

I'm sure he did know.  But that fact means little considering he didn't offer him any guaranteed money. 

I won't lie I loved them signing him BEFORE everything came out. I was like pfft he gets us that 2nd stud WR. But after the aligations came out i was less supportive.. But DAMN how stupid do you have to be to send a threatening text when you KNOW its 1 strije and your out. ugh million dollar talent 2 cent brain,