Whistleblower Has Been Backed Up By Multiple Witnesses

Tiberius

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Not subtle?  This guy?

tenor.gif

....sure as hell hope not.......just keep smokin' the establishment......NEVER seeing anything like this and watching them squirm is great theater....the "coup failed" ..how many times have we heard the need for a "Washington Outsider"?....uh oh....guess what......

21 minutes ago, John Adams said:

I'll simplify this for you because you're a simpleton. 

-Trump withheld the $400 million. 

-Trump made the call.

--- Trump brings up US financial support for Ukraine as the first order of business after congratulations

--- Trump then presses Zelensky to look into Biden.

- Trump later releases aid under pressure from Congress

That's not a good story, and it's all incontrovertible.

You'd be having a cow if Obama did something like this to Trump. Oh wait. I have seen your cow. 

yawn. and if i mentioned Obama or Hillary you would whine about what about isms.

You lunatics have been arm flapping and making asses out of yourselves for three years.

11 Senate Republicans join DEMs and vote to end Trump’s border wall emergency funding…

Complete derangement, hating a president so much the vile hatred making the country  a weaker place.

golf clap.

Edited by Albwan

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

It wasn't subtle. He was the owner withholding payment to the contractor until he asked for something else. He was doing something he's done a million times. 

And maybe there's a reason he wasn't explicit. He knew the line and probably because he didn't cross it explicitly (he brought up how generous the US is, then asked his favor of digging up dirt onBiden), he's going to avoid impeachment. And the Dems were idiots not to wait to read the transcript.

But if you somehow think Trump didn't withhold the aid, remind Zelensky that the US had the aid to give, then asked his only favor...you're nuts. Because that's exactly what happened. 

Even if everything you're saying is true, no one cares. This is the kind of thing people only pretend to care about when it's politically advantageous..

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Dude, you are posting weird far-right talking points constantly.  It’s what you do.  Paint it however you want.  

I don’t know if you know this, but your conspiracy theories sound like a middle schooler.  Most of the people talking about them, are literally children.  It’s sad you aren’t also child ?

When you’ve lost the war you must reach for the “far right talking points” ???

Read tibs embarrassing posts for the last 5 pages.      Don’t be a tibs ✊?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Isn't it the job of the president to be kept in the loop?  I'm not trying to be confrontational but that's how a lot of people would see that.

When it comes to an illegal conspiracy I think it might be illegal to be in the loop.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

You guys are really getting lost in the weeds.  The President is supposed to be protecting the country from enemies both foreign and domestic. In this case Trump did not ask the Ukraine to 'fabricate' dirt on a political rival. He's asking them to look into the truth of the story that a man applying for a government job has been reported to be corrupt.  At my company we check references on future employees all the time, especially when we've heard that they're guilty of corruption and bribe taking.  In the case of Russia Gate, the same thing was supposed to be going on, but we've now learned that the stories on Trump were a fabrication. if Trump can find out the stories on Biden were likewise false...and do it in less than three years, and spend less than $40million finding out....I say go for it!

Your analogy is way off. Trump isn't the HR department of the government checking references. That is the jurisdiction of the Justice Department. 

If someone is trying to get your job you can't use your companies resources to try and sabotage their bid to unseat you. That's corporate espionage. You simply can't use the office you occupy to promote your own political campaign. I don't understand this idea that there needs to be a quid pro quo for this to be illegal. You simply can't ask a foreign government to help dig up dirt on a rival. 

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Your analogy is way off. Trump isn't the HR department of the government checking references. That is the jurisdiction of the Justice Department. 

If someone is trying to get your job you can't use your companies resources to try and sabotage their bid to unseat you. That's corporate espionage. You simply can't use the office you occupy to promote your own political campaign. I don't understand this idea that there needs to be a quid pro quo for this to be illegal. You simply can't ask a foreign government to help dig up dirt on a rival. 

He didn't do that. Did you read the full transcript?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

He didn't do that. Did you read the full transcript?

Yes he asked the president of a foreign government to take a phone call from his personal attorney regarding digging up dirt on Biden. Did you not read the transcript? There literally does not need to be a quid pro quo. 

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Yes he asked the president of a foreign government to take a phone call from his personal attorney regarding digging up dirt on Biden. Did you not read the transcript? There literally does not need to be a quid pro quo. 

He didn't ask him to "dig up dirt". Don't makeshit up.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

He didn't ask him to "dig up dirt". Don't makeshit up.

He asked the president of the Ukraine to take a call with his personal attorney about the Biden matter ("get to the bottom of it."). I literally don't know what you could defend on that. 

Edited by billsfan89

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

11 Senate Republicans join DEMs and vote to end Trump’s border wall emergency funding…

Complete derangement, hating a president so much the vile hatred making the country  a weaker place.

golf clap.

Not really the thread for that, but the important takeaway from this is that it is actually five fewer than in February 

Although the efforts failed before and aren’t likely to be successful this time around, Congress can hold a vote every six months to end the declaration, due to the language of the National Emergencies Act.

“Still unwilling to work with the president and Republicans on a long-term bipartisan solution for border security, Senate Democrats are making us repeat the same show vote again. I would urge my colleagues to vote for border security and vote against Democrats’ resolution,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Wednesday.

Using the powers granted by the National Emergencies Act, Trump had issued a national emergency declaration on Feb. 15 to declare the southern border crisis a national emergency. In doing so, he permitted the emergency reallocation of federal funds to address the crisis.

He then ordered the Pentagon to draw some $3.6 billion from the Pentagon’s military construction funds, and pull some $2.5 billion from military counternarcotics programs, as well as $600 million from an asset forfeiture program in the Treasury Department.

The Senate previously passed the measure in February in a 59-41 vote, along with the House of Representatives’ resolution with a vote of 245-182 to end the emergency declaration.

As expected, the measure was vetoed by Trump, and failed again in March when the House voted 248-181 to override Trump’s veto.

In July, the Supreme Court decided the Trump Administration could redirect $2.5 billion Pentagon funds for the border wall construction, ruling in a 5-4 vote to remove the injunction placed by a lower court, thus allowing the Trump Administration to proceed with using some of the Pentagon funds previously reallocated for the construction of the border wall.

Edited by B-Man

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

He asked the president of the Ukraine to take a call with his personal attorney about the Biden matter ("get to the bottom of it."). I literally don't know what you could defend on that. 

It very much appears that the Biden family received millions for nothing from Ukraine. There was a prosecutor that was going after Biden's son's company that was giving him money, not for any expertise (he had none) but for his father's influence. Joe Biden held back 1.5 billion in loan guarantees until they fired the prosecutor. If I was president I'd want to know what the former VP did too. Also, Trump wanted to know what Ukraine did to influence the 2016 election. None of this is in any way improper.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

It very much appears that the Biden family received millions for nothing from Ukraine. There was a prosecutor that was going after Biden's son's company that was giving him money, not for any expertise (he had none) but for his father's influence. Joe Biden held back 1.5 billion in loan guarantees until they fired the prosecutor. If I was president I'd want to know what the former VP did too. Also, Trump wanted to know what Ukraine did to influence the 2016 election. None of this is in any way improper.

It could very well be that Joe Biden is corrupt but that doesn't make what Trump did legal. "Being Right" does not absolve Trump at all. That's not a defense. You can not ask a foreign government to take a call with your personal attorney on a political matter. Trump broke the law and released a memo proving it. His personal attorney admitted it. I feel like if this was Obama in 2011 asking for dirt on Romney from a foreign government you wouldn't feel that being right on the matter would absolve him. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You missed this because you didn't show up down here until recently. The way to properly consume news during an information war is as following: 

* Read all sides, not just one

* Discern which journalists/outlets have slants -- they all do -- and read with that lens in mind

* You must take into account the information presented, who's presenting it and what sources they're using, and the bias of the publisher/writer. 

Doesn't mean you can't find truth and good journalism out there -- you can. There is a lot done on both sides of the partisan spectrum. But you have to DIG for it and at least work to hone your own discernment or baseline before just taking anything and running with it.

If you paid attention at all the past three years, then the long list of proven liars in the media carrying the water for the coup plotters are REAL easy to spot and cut out. 

If you do all of the above, and then I just read the headlines and you, does that count? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

It could very well be that Joe Biden is corrupt but that doesn't make what Trump did legal. "Being Right" does not absolve Trump at all. That's not a defense. You can not ask a foreign government to take a call with your personal attorney on a political matter. Trump broke the law and released a memo proving it. His personal attorney admitted it. I feel like if this was Obama in 2011 asking for dirt on Romney from a foreign government you wouldn't feel that being right on the matter would absolve him. 

Trump asked him to take a call from Guliani and/or Barr. Trump broke no law. This is about corruption and Trump has every right to find out about it, especially if we are sending them money.