Whistleblower Has Been Backed Up By Multiple Witnesses

Tiberius

The funniest thing I’ve heard is when Nancy called it extortion for the President to discuss withholding my tax money from payments to a foreign country! It’d seem to me extortion would mean we’re forcing them to pay us ...not us refusing to pay them. Apparently my tax money, of which I pay a ton, is now REQUIRED to be given, no questions asked, to corrupt people on the other side of the world. Good to know Nancy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Donald Trump’s boasts about former Ukrainian prosecutor’s fairness ring false

Trump’s boasts about Shokin — that he was widely seen as a "very good" and "very fair prosecutor" —  clash with the view of many Western leaders and institutions. Largely, they were united in seeking Shokin’s removal. 

When Shokin was sacked on March 26, 2016, press reports explicitly linked his ouster to corruption. Here’s how the New York Times described it:

MOSCOW — Bowing to pressure from international donors, the Ukrainian Parliament voted on Tuesday to remove a prosecutor general who had clung to power for months despite visible signs of corruption.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/sep/26/donald-trump/donald-trumps-boasts-about-former-ukrainian-prosec/

So did Joe Biden do the right thing back then . It was Hunter Biden in the wrong.

12 minutes ago, ALF said:

Donald Trump’s boasts about former Ukrainian prosecutor’s fairness ring false

Trump’s boasts about Shokin — that he was widely seen as a "very good" and "very fair prosecutor" —  clash with the view of many Western leaders and institutions. Largely, they were united in seeking Shokin’s removal. 

When Shokin was sacked on March 26, 2016, press reports explicitly linked his ouster to corruption. Here’s how the New York Times described it:

MOSCOW — Bowing to pressure from international donors, the Ukrainian Parliament voted on Tuesday to remove a prosecutor general who had clung to power for months despite visible signs of corruption.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/sep/26/donald-trump/donald-trumps-boasts-about-former-ukrainian-prosec/

So did Joe Biden do the right thing back then . It was Hunter Biden in the wrong.

It would certainly appear that Joe Biden did the wrong thing, by his own words yet. Hunter Biden may not have done anything illegal in either Ukraine or China but it would appear that he used his father for his own benefit, and most likely influenced Uncle Joe to misuse his office.

Published 9 hours ago

Maher blasts Hunter Biden's Ukraine ties: If Don Jr. did it, Rachel Maddow would be all over it

"Real Time" host Bill Maher slammed Hunter Biden's business ties to Ukraine, suggesting MSNBC's Rachel Maddow would be talking about it if it were one of President Trump's children.

Maher began by questioning whether former Vice President Joe Biden would benefit from the impeachment inquiry into Trump since he is "elevated" above the other 2020 candidates.

"The more I read about this- no, I don't think he was doing something terrible in Ukraine, but it's just- why can't politicians tell their f-----' kids, 'Get a job, get a godd--n job!''" Maher told the panel. "This kid was paid $600,000 because his name is Biden by a gas company in Ukraine, this super-corrupt country that just had a revolution to get rid of corruption. It just looks bad.'

The HBO star commended "genius" Republicans for "muddying the waters," predicting that their argument to defend Trump will be "You did this in Ukraine, well Joe Biden did this."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/maher-blasts-hunter-bidens-ukraine-ties-if-don-jr-did-it-rachel-maddow-would-be-all-over-it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

False: Biden pushed out a Ukrainian prosecutor investigating his son

Trump has falsely claimed that Biden in 2015 pressured the Ukrainian government to fire Viktor Shokin, the top Ukrainian prosecutor, because he was investigating Ukraine’s largest private gas company, Burisma, which had added Biden’s son, Hunter, to its board in 2014.

There are two big problems with this claim: One, Shokin was not investigating Burisma or Hunter Biden, and two, Shokin’s ouster was considered a diplomatic victory.

Biden was among the many Western officials who pressed for the removal of Shokin because he actually was not investigating the corruption endemic to the country. Indeed, he was not investigating Burisma at the time. In September 2015, then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt publicly criticized Shokin’s office for thwarting a British money-laundering probe into Burisma’s owner, Mykola Zlochevsky.

“Shokin was not investigating. He didn’t want to investigate Burisma,” Daria Kaleniuk, of the Ukrainian Anti-Corruption Action Center, told The Washington Post in July. “And Shokin was fired not because he wanted to do that investigation, but quite to the contrary, because he failed that investigation.”

In a 2018 appearance at the Council on Foreign Relations, Biden bragged about his role in Shokin’s removal, saying he had withheld $1 billion in loan guarantees as leverage to force action. But Biden was carrying out a policy developed at the State Department and coordinated with the European Union and the International Monetary Fund.

The Ukrainian prosecutor was regarded as a failure, and “Joe Biden’s efforts to oust Shokin were universally praised,” said Anders Aslund, a Swedish economist heavily involved in Eastern European market reforms. Getting rid of Shokin was considered the linchpin of reform efforts, but U.S. officials had a list of changes the government needed to make before it could obtain another loan guarantee.

In December 2015, Biden traveled to Kiev and decried the “cancer of corruption” in the country in a speech to the parliament. “The Office of the General Prosecutor desperately needs reform,” he noted. Shokin was removed from office three months later, and Biden announced April 15 that the loan guarantee would go forward; the agreement between the United States and Ukraine was signed June 3.

One can certainly raise questions about Hunter Biden’s judgment in joining Burisma’s board at a time his father had a high-profile role in working with Ukraine’s government. But by continuing to claim that Biden “did” something for his son, Trump persists in spreading a false narrative about a diplomatic maneuver hailed at the time as a step toward reducing corruption in Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/Avery1776/status/1177698395873579008

• Thank you (+1) 1

Published 9 hours ago

Maher warns Dems pursuing impeachment: The country will be 'paralyzed for a long time'

"Real Time" host Bill Maher cautioned Democrats on Friday night as they begin impeachment proceedings against President Trump, predicting that the country will be "paralyzed for a very long time" if they go through with it.

Maher began the panel discussion by expressing how he has been "back and forth" on impeachment and how he has doubts as House Democrats launch a formal inquiry.

"Last week, I was like, 'We've got to impeach him!' Now that they're going to do it, I'm like 'Uh... should we?'" Maher said. "Obviously, there's great reasons to do it... Trump must have an impeachment act a day calendar that he has used for the past year, so why will this one be different from all the other times?"

The HBO star questioned whether the Trump-Ukraine controversy will resonate with the American people "east of La Brea."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/maher-warns-dems-pursuing-impeachment-the-country-will-be-paralyzed-for-a-long-time

What did Schumer mean when he threatened Trump about the CIA’s ways to get back at him?

“Did anyone ever ask Sen. Schumer exactly what he meant when he warned Trump that the intel community had “Six ways from Sunday’ to get back at him?

What made Schumer think that? What ways did he have in mind? Please send article or link if this was asked and answered. Thanks
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

Any doubt I had about Brennan as some sort of "Deep State" IC conspirator was removed by his reminder to "federal officials."  

Whistleblower statutes cover federal workers against reprisal by federal officials.  His usage indicates a mindset where he perceives the government fighting itself, not the civil service checking unethical acts.

Edited by DC Tom
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, dbmu1977 said:

There are going to be many sad people wandering the country when potus is impeached and the senate convicts. He will be a winner, number one, only impeached potus. Do you honestly think he will go for that. He will resign. He is treasonous piece of crap. Patriotic Democrat

HAHAHAHAHA....this is the sheer definition of delusional daydreaming, funniest post ever.

tibs, that you...again

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Screen-Shot-2019-09-26-at-8.03.29-PM.png?resize=580%2C326&ssl=1

...I kid you not and cannot make this stuff up......at an extended family picnic, one of my illustrious "dyed in the wool Dems cousins (they ALL are)" said with a STRAIGHT face that, "she probably relaxed the President so he could do a better job"....I have NOT been been back to a family picnic in twenty years...SMH.......

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Perhaps, but "almost all the current PPP" isn't running for prez and had no say in the matter.  Uncle Joe is and did, and he blew it.

Biden put too much faith in Powell when it comes to his Iraq vote.  He was more hesitant than Hillary but he still did vote to go there as it was politically popular at the time as we were out for revenge.  Whether that should disqualify him this time around is up to the voters.

• Like (+1) 1