Trump's Tax Returns Subpoenaed by Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance Jr.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

No one is saying he has to by law release his taxes, only that everyone since Ford has. Trump keeps changing his stories about taxes, lying as he goes. If he has nothing to hide, he would release them. He has often bragged how rich he is. You would think he'd be proud to show us his vast wealth.

Correct.

It means nothing as to why he won't release them.

Honestly, I never got the fascination with the tax returns of presidential candidates. I don't believe personal financial information should be publicized, even for those individuals seeking public office. It serves no practical purpose.

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It might show if he committed fraud on taxes, insurance etc. As Nixon said, Americans have a right to know if their president is a crook or not 

So you would personally look at his returns to find this?

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

The only reason the Left want his (very complicated) tax returns is to enable them to take things out of context and misconstrue them. The most important thing to them is not the truth but whatever perception they can conjure up that favors them.

Which would be simple to do with his tax returns. As someone whose tax returns involve a lot of real estate investments, I can honestly say the complexity is something most people cannot grasp.

With real estate, you have years where you pay no taxes on your returns even if you have made money  and you have years where you pay a ton in taxes even if you have not made a penny.  ?  No matter what, the government always gets their money; it is simply a matter of when. You can delay the inevitable, but death & taxes really is a certainty.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

22 minutes ago, Kemp said:

He has often bragged how rich he is. You would think he'd be proud to show us his vast wealth.

Tax returns show income, not wealth.

Presidential candidates must file financial disclosures in order to run. Here’s some assistance it was super easy to find, and you can go back to the 2016 year to make comparisons: https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-presidential-race/financial-disclosures-and-net-worth

Do you think nobody’s combed through these disclosures, which would tell you much more about a candidate than tax returns?

Go at it.  Let me know what you find. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Does everybody not realize that the ruling by the SCOTUS did not benifit Nancy and company? The stipulations of why they can ask for them became for legislative purpose.  Hard win for Trump.

If you go a few pages back, the "Trump is handing over his taxes!" crowd were corrected, and it was pointed out  that Congress was smacked down.  The NYS people may have a better chance.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Honestly, I never got the fascination with the tax returns of presidential candidates. I don't believe personal financial information should be publicized, even for those individuals seeking public office. It serves no practical purpose.

Well, in this case it would allow Dems to cherry pick/use misleading numbers/flat out lie about what’s in them for the purpose of running some inane ‘Trump paid less taxes than his secretary!!’ campaign ad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

So, at least you admit that Trump could have released his taxes even if he was being audited, so now we have established that he is lying for some reason.

The reason is hard to be sure of, but we do know that it would cause him great embarrassment, lessen his chances of being re-elected, and possibly cause charges to be brought against him.

Yes he went back on his word. He’s an idiot for doing so. Have you never gone back on your word?  I have. 

Regarding the part in bold. Please, go on.....

Give is some ideas of what could possible be found in an audited return that could bring about charges.  This should be very interesting. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes he went back on his word. He’s an idiot for doing so. Have you never gone back on your word?  I have. 

Regarding the part in bold. Please, go on.....

Give is some ideas of what could possible be found in an audited return that could bring about charges.  This should be very interesting. 

...interesting who here are enthralled with his tax returns......a pathetic obsession......bet you couldn't predict who would be on that list......(COUGH).............

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Correct! This should absolutely not be allowed for anyone...not just a president or candidate. Your personal tax returns are nobody’s business. There is already plenty of oversight from a government agency that operates under an accepted non disclosure agreement. Politicians should NOT be allowed anywhere near someone’s tax returns. This is very dangerous! 

...absolutely DEAD ON.....how this ever came about is Asinine 101......let them come under the same audit auspices as everyone else, but I'm sure the 535 get an "blind eye exemption (COUGH)".....so we publish the net worth of the 535 and the vast majority are millionaires solely by legal sources (BIGGER COUGH).....and what the hell ever becomes of it?...crickets......what's pathetically laughable is when a politician reveals their tax returns showing a healthy 6 figure income but only 2 grand in charitable donations, the TOP PRIORITY is to label them "cheap"......and a MAJOR consideration in their re-election I presume??..........

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Which would be simple to do with his tax returns. As someone whose tax returns involve a lot of real estate investments, I can honestly say the complexity is something most people cannot grasp.

With real estate, you have years where you pay no taxes on your returns even if you have made money  and you have years where you pay a ton in taxes even if you have not made a penny.  ?  No matter what, the government always gets their money; it is simply a matter of when. You can delay the inevitable, but death & taxes is really is a certainty.

As a former landlord with a substantial amount of units, a commercial real estate sales person involved primarily with development, a retail business owner and a person involved with multiple partnerships I'm fairly aware of the complexities of a Trump tax return. I did my own taxes (but had them reviewed by a CPA) in order to understand the tax codes in order to help in making decisions. Everything you say above I agree with.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, snafu said:

Tax returns show income, not wealth.

Presidential candidates must file financial disclosures in order to run. Here’s some assistance it was super easy to find, and you can go back to the 2016 year to make comparisons: https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-presidential-race/financial-disclosures-and-net-worth

Do you think nobody’s combed through these disclosures, which would tell you much more about a candidate than tax returns?

Go at it.  Let me know what you find. 

Harry Reid showed you don't need the tax returns - just lie on the Senate floor about Romney not paying taxes. However,  I am sure that the Dems would not lie about Trump.

Man - had a hard time writing that last sentence.  How do the Libs here write the stuff they post with a straight face?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...absolutely DEAD ON.....how this ever came about is Asinine 101......let them come under the same audit auspices as everyone else, but I'm sure the 535 get an "blind eye exemption (COUGH)".....so we publish the net worth of the 535 and the vast majority are millionaires solely by legal sources (BIGGER COUGH).....and what the hell ever becomes of it?...crickets......what's pathetically laughable is when a politician reveals their tax returns showing a healthy 6 figure income but only 2 grand in charitable donations, the TOP PRIORITY is to label them "cheap"......and a MAJOR consideration in their re-election I presume??..........

That’s the most interesting thing about all of this.  Trump arrives in DC mega wealthy and people have an issue.  Other politicians leave mega wealthy and no one bats an eye. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's because his opponents are basically liars and will twist whatever they can. Can you imagine a Schiff, Nadler, Pelosi, Schumer or Reid with free reign to interpret 1000's of pages of his tax returns? The Democrat Party is the party of liars. Everything they promote has to have a title that means something other than their true purpose.

So, Nadler and Schiff are better positioned to determine this than the IRS? This is a poor hill for you to die on. Even a kitty runs out of lives eventually.

IRS doesn’t  do insurance  fraud 

50 minutes ago, snafu said:

So you would personally look at his returns to find this?

Nope 

35 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

As a former landlord with a substantial amount of units, a commercial real estate sales person involved primarily with development, a retail business owner and a person involved with multiple partnerships I'm fairly aware of the complexities of a Trump tax return. I did my own taxes (but had them reviewed by a CPA) in order to understand the tax codes in order to help in making decisions. Everything you say above I agree with.

...bet the majority of the "tax return screamers" are 1040-EZ filers who wouldn't have a clue what they are looking at......our Federal corporate return for ONE company is 70 pages........before multiple State returns....

35 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

That’s the most interesting thing about all of this.  Trump arrives in DC mega wealthy and people have an issue.  Other politicians leave mega wealthy and no one bats an eye. 

...ESPECIALLY knowing that it was ALL legitimately earned....absolutely NO influencing peddling whatsoever (COUGH).......funny how when shady deals are publicized, they mysteriously disappear, right?...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

It might show if he committed fraud on taxes, insurance etc. As Nixon said, Americans have a right to know if their president is a crook or not 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

IRS doesn’t  do insurance  fraud 

Nope 

You confused me when you said that President Trump's tax returns might show "he committed fraud on taxes, insurance etc."

Then a couple posts later I see you confused yourself.   All is right in the world again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You confused me when you said that President Trump's tax returns might show "he committed fraud on taxes, insurance etc."

Then a couple posts later I see you confused yourself.   All is right in the world again. 

Ya 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...bet the majority of the "tax return screamers" are 1040-EZ filers who wouldn't have a clue what they are looking at......our Federal corporate return for ONE company is 70 pages........before multiple State returns....

These dopes that want Trump's taxes have zero idea what they are asking ... they just want a sound bite to glom onto.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, snafu said:

Have you ever looked at any Presidential Candidate’s tax returns?

What, exactly, are you looking to find?

What Trump should have said from the get-go is eff off about seeing the returns, period.

I want to see what he is hiding. You didn’t understand  that, yet?

6 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's because his opponents are basically liars and will twist whatever they can. Can you imagine a Schiff, Nadler, Pelosi, Schumer or Reid with free reign to interpret 1000's of pages of his tax returns? The Democrat Party is the party of liars. Everything they promote has to have a title that means something other than their true purpose.

So, Nadler and Schiff are better positioned to determine this than the IRS? This is a poor hill for you to die on. Even a kitty runs out of lives eventually.

The Democrats released their taxes. Trump didn't. You can't twist honest into dishonesty. 

We all know Trump is scared, but his supporters always say look over there at those bad people, because not one of you can come up with a reason as to why he's hiding his taxes.

The best you can come up with is screw you.

16 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Why?  How will that benefit your life? 

11 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The Democrats released their taxes. Trump didn't. You can't twist honest into dishonesty. 

We all know Trump is scared, but his supporters always say look over there at those bad people, because not one of you can come up with a reason as to why he's hiding his taxes.

The best you can come up with is screw you.

Why would Trump voluntarily give his enemies a reason to misconstrue his finances for their political gain at his expense?   Are you really so disingenuous (or just plain ignorant) that you can't even be honest about the motivations involved on both sides? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You said something about wanting to see if Trump is as wealthy as he claims. I get that.  You want to investigate a person to find a crime it seems. Bad road to travel. Bad precedent to set. 

You never said whether you’d actually look at the returns, or have looked at any candidates returns since the Ford era.

I provided you to a link where Trump himself itemized and certified his worth. Did you look at that?  I did.  Did you find that he’s hiding anything?

25 minutes ago, Kemp said:

What do you think it is, this hidden information shared with the largest tax collection authority in the world?  And where do you think he's hidden it?  

Where would you start looking? 

10 hours ago, Cinga said:

DO you have any evidence of this insurance fraud or is it speculation?

Silly boy, since the IRS doesn't do insurance fraud Trump must be investigated by Schiff & Nadler to see if he could have done it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Silly boy, since the IRS doesn't do insurance fraud Trump must be investigated by Schiff & Nadler to see if he could have done it. 

Well, it's pretty clear that the Democrats on those committees are far better at detecting tax (or insurance) fraud than the professional auditors at the IRS.

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, it's pretty clear that the Democrats on those committees are far better at detecting tax (or insurance) fraud than the professional auditors at the IRS.

Have you ever considered that maybe Schiff and Nadler have a special kind of experience with tax and insurance fraud that lets them sniff it out?

• Haha (+1) 2

On 7/11/2020 at 9:01 AM, 3rdnlng said:

The only reason the Left want his (very complicated) tax returns is to enable them to take things out of context and misconstrue them. The most important thing to them is not the truth but whatever perception they can conjure up that favors them.

...imagine if THE highlight of your day was to wake up and see if Trump revealed his tax returns?......some people have serious issues that there will never be a vaccine cure for....care to identify EVERYTHING you've learned from all previously revealed tax returns FROM MEMORY and how it impacted you?.........I sure as hell cannot..........could care less.......

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Have you ever considered that maybe Schiff and Nadler have a special kind of experience with tax and insurance fraud that lets them sniff it out?

I would not doubt that they are experts, IYKWIMAITYD. ?

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

...I'd bet fellow putz Bernie Madoff was their financial advisor..................

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

:blink:

Assuming you really do not know...

If you know what I mean, and I think you do

I really didn’t know what it meant and made that up on the fly. Pretty close.  And wouldn’t be quicker to just type the words than remember the acronym?  ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I really didn’t know what it meant and made that up on the fly. Pretty close.  And wouldn’t be quicker to just type the words than remember the acronym?  ?

Depends how fast you type, I guess. ?‍♂️