It's FOOTBALL TIME! Thurs nite GB at Chicago, 8:20 ET on NBC

Coach Tuesday

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

mitch is not a very good qb.  had a cake schedule last year 

An easy schedule and a defense that means 17 to 20 points is, more often than not, going to have you in with a chance to win. I am still sceptical on him but equally I put the defeat last night more on coaching than Mitch. Thirty two pass plays to three run plays when down by a maximum of 7 points is inept play calling. It'd be an odd way to play even if Tom Brady was your Quarterback.... but when your QB is Mitch Trubisky..... even more difficult to explain.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

An easy schedule and a defense that means 17 to 20 points is, more often than not, going to have you in with a chance to win. I am still sceptical on him but equally I put the defeat last night more on coaching than Mitch. Thirty two pass plays to three run plays when down by a maximum of 7 points is inept play calling. It'd be an odd way to play even if Tom Brady was your Quarterback.... but when your QB is Mitch Trubisky..... even more difficult to explain.

All true, but the line on Mitch has been that he's an accurate passer and he was "off" all night.  If Josh Allen has that game the "that's what you get from an inaccurate QB" takes would be flowing like hot lava.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

All true, but the line on Mitch has been that he's an accurate passer and he was "off" all night.  If Josh Allen has that game the "that's what you get from an inaccurate QB" takes would be flowing like hot lava.

narratives must be maintained.

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Talking of "lines on Mitch" Collinsworth mentioned on the broadcast a couple of times that the Packers were showing blitz and then dropping off and flooding the intermediate zones a lot as part of their plan to take away what is the best bit of Mitch's game which is those safe intermediate zone throws. Here is a line from my pre-draft Mitch Trubisky evaluation on this very forum:

"Cons:

• One year starter and I think that shows. I noticed a particular problem he has with simulated pressures where defenders show blitz then drop into shallow zones a lot of times I’m not convinced he sees the defenders there ready to jump the route – it led to more than one of the picks I saw and he was lucky it wasn’t more."
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

yea they need to balance the offense a bit more and they couldn't get mitch into a rhythm 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

This was from last year. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if the pass were picked off had he thrown it. I feel like the guy underneath might have been able to jump it if he threw it at that point. 

Just now, DCOrange said:

This was from last year. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if the pass were picked off had he thrown it. I feel like the guy underneath might have been able to jump it if he threw it at that point. 

Yea especially give Trubisky isn't the most accurate when he really has to drive the ball in there. If he floats it in then I agree the defender might be able to at least break it up if not intercept. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Talking of "lines on Mitch" Collinsworth mentioned on the broadcast a couple of times that the Packers were showing blitz and then dropping off and flooding the intermediate zones a lot as part of their plan to take away what is the best bit of Mitch's game which is those safe intermediate zone throws. Here is a line from my pre-draft Mitch Trubisky evaluation on this very forum:

"Cons:

• One year starter and I think that shows. I noticed a particular problem he has with simulated pressures where defenders show blitz then drop into shallow zones a lot of times I’m not convinced he sees the defenders there ready to jump the route – it led to more than one of the picks I saw and he was lucky it wasn’t more."

This will be the same type of defense Greggo will employ against Josh Allen this week. I hope the Bills will have him prepared for this 

Trubisky had some guys open, especially in the first half, that he just completely did not see. A lot of missed opportunities. It was an ugly game all the way around, a first week of the season type of game. If the Packers defense is this improved though, and Rodgers can stay healthy, then they have a legitimate shot at winning the division. I thought this year would be a down year for them to be honest. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

Trubisky had some guys open, especially in the first half, that he just completely did not see. A lot of missed opportunities. It was an ugly game all the way around, a first week of the season type of game. If the Packers defense is this improved though, and Rodgers can stay healthy, then they have a legitimate shot at winning the division. I thought this year would be a down year for them to be honest. 

I have them and the Vikings nip and tuck to win the north. I fully expected a regression from Chicago. The offense remained a question mark for me and as has been said above their schedule last year was a cake walk. 

11 minutes ago, the skycap said:

This will be the same type of defense Greggo will employ against Josh Allen this week. I hope the Bills will have him prepared for this 

You might be right - I do think the key to the game is can the Bills exploit the short and intermediate passing game because the Jets linebackers are not great in space. That said, if Greggo does that against Josh then Josh has more alternative ways to beat you than Trubisky has because he has that deep ball. In fact with Trubisky the intermediate game is his strength with Allen, if anything, it is his weakness - so if Greggo wants to try and take that away and dare him to go over the top that is a boom or bust strategy for the Jets. 

Mitch Trubisky improved a lot in his second year.  But he looked really bad last night.  

(To be fair, Aaron Rodgers didn't look that great either).

It will be interesting to see if Green Bay's new additions have drastically improved the Defense, if the offenses were just shaking off some rust, or if Trubisky has hit a wall in his development.

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Innovative! That move has Mike Schopp's seal of approval!

In order to be bold on 4th down you have to have the skill to get a first down.

9 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Easiest pick of the week in my book....Bears...psh

To win or lose?