OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

According to Rappaport it sounds like the Raiders will acquiesce to Antonio Brown. Attends team meeting, issues an “apology” and him playing Monday is a very real possibility. Mayock is proving him and the organization are push overs. 

Idiots. He’s going to toe the line long enough to keep his guarentees and then it’ll be worse. 

• Like (+1) 4

I guarantee Rosenhaus caught AB in a moment of clarity and got it through to his peanut brain that the organization was setting him up to be able to void the K and get the guaranteed money back, and that AB had to fix this thing RIGHT NOW.

And it also sounds like the team is willing to give him a shot, if he plays on Monday.

Once he plays on Monday, they can't void that K.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I guarantee Rosenhaus caught AB in a moment of clarity and got it through to his peanut brain that the organization was setting him up to be able to void the K and get the guaranteed money back, and that AB had to fix this thing RIGHT NOW.

And it also sounds like the team is willing to give him a shot, if he plays on Monday.

Once he plays on Monday, they can't void that K.

Absolutely the only reason AB came back and apologized. Guy is one of the dumbest Football players I have ever seen, and there is a huge pool to choose from. Oakland should suspend him and set themselves up to void the guarantees and then see how quickly AB’s tune changes again. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Idiots. He’s going to toe the line long enough to keep his guarentees and then it’ll be worse. 

That's obviously the gamble they are taking, assuming he plays Monday.

But they signed him for a reason...and that is for him to play on the team, not get thrown off the team. 

They always knew there was a risk there.

21 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

According to Rappaport it sounds like the Raiders will acquiesce to Antonio Brown. Attends team meeting, issues an “apology” and him playing Monday is a very real possibility. Mayock is proving him and the organization are push overs. 

Sounds like he stood up in front of the entire team, joined by the team captains as a show of solidarity, apologized, and cried.

Or at least faked crying.

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, ngbills said:

This. Half of the players in the NFL would not be employed if there was what some people call the "process". 

Its entertaining to hear stuff like "I still doubt McD would have wanted AB". As if McD has some either prophetic powers or is on some other moral level. The Bills have employed and kicked the tires on tons players with baggage or other issues. Just look at Jerry Hughes, Zay Jones, Shady, Incognito, Dodson, Duke Williams and more. End of the day teams want players that can help them win and hope to limit the nonsense. The better you are the more teams will put up with. 

Look at Andy Reid--he's always going on about "The Process"---and that  could not care less who you kicked, choked, punched or threatened away from the field.  As long as you can get his Offense them points!

LOL---The Process....it's a hedge for suckers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dubs said:

Heres kind of a light-hearted humorous recap:

1) You called out WEO for wanting AB

2) WEO called you out for not wanting AB

3) You called out WEO when AB went berserk for originally calling you out

4) I called out you for calling out WEO for originally calling you out

5) You called me out for calling you out for calling out WEO for calling you out. 

?

Welcome to the doc vortex

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's obviously the gamble they are taking, assuming he plays Monday.

But they signed him for a reason...and that is for him to play on the team, not get thrown off the team. 

They always knew there was a risk there.

Sounds like he stood up in front of the entire team, joined by the team captains as a show of solidarity, apologized, and cried.

Or at least faked crying.

:lol:

Too bad someone didn't throw a brick at his head when he was standing in front of the team.

What a ***** loser.

Rosenhaus is a very intelligent guy and I am sure opened his eyes to the situation. "Listen, Antonio, you have about 4 brain cells left and this team is about to walk away from your contract scott free.....so here's the thing, are you smart enough to do anything else in the real world to make money? Or do you wanna play football and quit being a ***** douche canoe?"

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Look at Andy Reid--he's always going on about "The Process"---and that  could not care less who you kicked, choked, punched or threatened away from the field.  As long as you can get his Offense them points!

LOL---The Process....it's a hedge for suckers.

Honestly, when these guys talk "process" and "no 'I' in team" and all that stuff, what they mean is they want you to tow the line, be a part of the team, and respect team rules.

Don't miss the bus, show up on time for meetings, that stuff.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Honestly, when these guys talk "process" and "no 'I' in team" and all that stuff, what they mean is they want you to tow the line, be a part of the team, and respect team rules.

Don't miss the bus, show up on time for meetings, that stuff.

Nah---that's not what they are selling.  It certainly isn't what the majority on this board are buying. 

"The Process" is a selection process accepting only the "better men" who uniformly adhere to a "common good".  People eat that stuff up while a rebuild is on and it is a diversion ("they are doing it the right way") until a winning team appears on the field.