OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

8 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Yeah I'm worried that he would want to trade for him AND not realize he would have to pay him

Again after what has transpired with this particular player, I'm not. 

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/05/antonio-brown-may-end-up-getting-no-payment-at-all-from-the-raiders/

holy jesus that’s a train wreck of a contract he signed. I’ll tip my cap to the raiders if this characterization is true as he might have zero guaranteed dollars at this point. 

That an unexcused practice absence may void $30m in guarantees seems absurd 

Rosenhaus to be fired soon...

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Finally.  

So theres no chance Beane would have offered no guaranteed money.

you always come around to the obvious doc. But why do you put yourself through this?

No, there's a very good chance he offered him little to no guaranteed money because of what he pulled with the Steelers.  Just because they don't happen doesn't mean he didn't ask.  You OTOH would have been fine paying him $30M guaranteed.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Again after what has transpired with this particular player, I'm not. 

Rosenhaus to be fired soon...

No, there's a very good chance he offered him little to no guaranteed money because of what he pulled with the Steelers.  Just because they don't happen doesn't mean he didn't ask.  You OTOH would have been fine paying him $30M guaranteed.

No I said he quit on the Steelers so....wrong again doc.

and clinging to the idea of a zero guarantee contract is bizarre.  It doesn’t exist in the NFL

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

and clinging to the idea of a zero guarantee contract is bizarre.  It doesn’t exist in the NFL

I’ll admit, if that pft article is true, it’s about as close to no guarantees as I could imagine for an erratic guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, you said he quit on the Steelers.  But you still would have traded for him.  Don't run away from your statements WEO. 

20 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/05/antonio-brown-may-end-up-getting-no-payment-at-all-from-the-raiders/

holy jesus that’s a train wreck of a contract he signed. I’ll tip my cap to the raiders if this characterization is true as he might have zero guaranteed dollars at this point. 

That an unexcused practice absence may void $30m in guarantees seems absurd 

The practice isn’t what is getting him suspended 

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Friggin stupid auto draft on ESPN picked AB for me in round 1...

Couldn't get logged in to my account in time, but when I hopped on & saw I had been given AB, I knew I was screwed lol

Don't feel bad, I had Bell auto-drafted in the first round last year. Thankfully I picked up Conner and won the league!

Just now, aristocrat said:

The practice isn’t what is getting him suspended 

from what has been reported AB had to participate in 85% of preseason and practices or bunches of the money is voided.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Use google doc.  Find it for me.  Should be easy, no?

Don't need to.  I clearly remember saying "the Bills dodged a bullet" when his feet problem popped up and you snarkily replied "yeah, who would want a gun with bullets."