Conor McDermott must have pictures of Uncle Sean

4 minutes ago, GG said:

I could have just as easily said 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder.  

@TaroT called you out for your usually ridiculous hyperbole and you shifted the topic.  Fact is, four players who were Bills on Friday got snapped up by other teams by Sunday.   You made fun of people who said that Bills have enough talent that they would be picked up by other clubs.    If Beane wasn’t crafty with the IR moves, a coupe of more players would have been picked as well.  

But, knowing that you can’t say “oops, I was wrong” you change the topic to singling out the specific players who weren’t picked.  If you truly are the Oracle of Adelphia, you would have named those players in your initial side shot.  

Actually GG the Bills have at least 4 players on their 53 right now that they could cut and nobody would pick up.

Bojorquez(obvious)

Dean Marlowe

MorAx

Curt Coleman

And then there is the dynamic Capn' Munnerlyn waiting in the wings to be brought in once they don't have to guarantee his contract.

Those guys were fringy NFL players a year or 2 ago...........they'd all be jobless if it weren't for McBeane.

I said it during the preseason.........the anguish at cut down day that many assumed would happen with all of this young talent wasn't going to be the case.........and it WAS NOT.  

They can afford to keep 10 OL on the roster and hope that another team has an injury and needs to trade for one of them because the guys they cut they didn't value as much as a 7th round pick.

30 minutes ago, GG said:

I could have just as easily said 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder.  

@TaroT called you out for your usually ridiculous hyperbole and you shifted the topic.  Fact is, four players who were Bills on Friday got snapped up by other teams by Sunday.   You made fun of people who said that Bills have enough talent that they would be picked up by other clubs.    If Beane wasn’t crafty with the IR moves, a coupe of more players would have been picked as well.  

But, knowing that you can’t say “oops, I was wrong” you change the topic to singling out the specific players who weren’t picked.  If you truly are the Oracle of Adelphia, you would have named those players in your initial side shot.  

Why bother?   The only thing that you can accomplish is to get him to personally attack you as a poster or a person.  

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Actually GG the Bills have at least 4 players on their 53 right now that they could cut and nobody would pick up.

Bojorquez(obvious)

Dean Marlowe

MorAx

Curt Coleman

And then there is the dynamic Capn' Munnerlyn waiting in the wings to be brought in once they don't have to guarantee his contract.

Those guys were fringy NFL players a year or 2 ago...........they'd all be jobless if it weren't for McBeane.

I said it during the preseason.........the anguish at cut down day that many assumed would happen with all of this young talent wasn't going to be the case.........and it WAS NOT.  

They can afford to keep 10 OL on the roster and hope that another team has an injury and needs to trade for one of them because the guys they cut they didn't value as much as a 7th round pick.

And so the conversation turns, until the sun went down...

So now we’re talking about the entire roster and every fringe player?  

How about recognizing the fact that for the first time in two decades the Bills finally had more than 1 player on its roster in August that other NFL teams snapped up at cut down and would have had more if not for injuries?

5 minutes ago, GG said:

How about recognizing the fact that for the first time in two decades the Bills finally had more than 1 player on its roster in August that other NFL teams snapped up at cut down and would have had more if not for injuries?

Stop right there........

How about because the 2015 and 2016 rosters(and maybe 2014 as well) were better and that was pretty recent actually,  Gerry. 

There were actual, established top 100 players and All Pros on those rosters.

And this 2019 roster is still the 6th oldest in the NFL............so the perceived depth is not necessarily even a sign of something sustainable.

They have an excess of fringy players simply because they signed 18 veteran free agents this spring............and as evidenced by that list of guys who are only in the NFL because the Bills kept them they valued fringy NFL experience over youth/potential at the back end of the roster on cut down day.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:52 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

This guy must be related to the head coach.

There's no other explanation as to why he continues making the Bills' 53 man roster year after year without contributing anything whatsoever.

Even on rare occasions when he's healthy enough to play in the preseason, he doesn't even dominate against opposing 3rd stringers who will be bagging groceries by Monday.

It's puzzling.

I agree 100%. I actually think he was arguably the worst player on the 90 man roster. It makes zero sense

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Or maybe you create a lot of false narratives that you then plant goal posts on.

You know like me making fun of people who were sweating the loss of a bunch of guys that touched the ball a lot in preseason and then you crowing when a kick coverage ST'er and a forgotten reserve CB are picked up off of waivers.:lol:

Or like in the Colquitt thread where you literally said that I thought that Beane should have traded a 4th round pick for him(where did that come from?)..........when all I said was if Beane thought he was the only good option he would have most likely tried to trade for him and that there are still A BUNCH of better punters than Bojorquez available.:doh:

It's been a long time since you were worth a damn as a poster but at this point you are just seeing ghosts.:wacko:

Take the L, man. You got exposed on this thread. Maybe the next one will be better.

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

I remember this same line when McD wasted so many important reps for Allen, coach thought Nate P. was better served taking those reps.

at the time, he likely was. I mean, a guy from a pro style offense in school and a year of NFL coaching, compared to a raw QB who got one offer from  Div 1 school and was completely raw? Seemed like he didn't want to throw him to the wolves

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

Ill start trusting this coach/GM on offensive personnel decisions when one of them isn’t a complete disaster 

whats been a "complete" disaster?  our salary cap roster that we were forced to yield last year? along with losing our 2 best OL?  Kinda hard to polish a turd, and that's what we had. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

at the time, he likely was. I mean, a guy from a pro style offense in school and a year of NFL coaching, compared to a raw QB who got one offer from  Div 1 school and was completely raw? Seemed like he didn't want to throw him to the wolves

whats been a "complete" disaster?  our salary cap roster that we were forced to yield last year? along with losing our 2 best OL?  Kinda hard to polish a turd, and that's what we had. 

I drink beers all weekend and watch 1/10

of the amount of football that any NFL employee does. Long before the draft it was apparent Peterman needed a pitching mound to deliver an out breaking route. Anyone that can’t see that shouldn’t be evaluating QBs.

I know the easy answer is well, your at home and he is getting paid. It’s not about that. I’ts about winning games, that was an unexplainable mistake. 

I’m high on the the Bills so I try and avoid stuff like this but considering NP anything but I mistake is someone not being truthful.

57 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Take the L, man. You got exposed on this thread. Maybe the next one will be better.

Yeah I feel silly for making fun of all those roster vigil threads on TSW for Ryan Lewis and Deon Lacy.........you all were 100% right................and now two AFC rivals have them and they both have franchise tags at their disposal so it could be years before McBeane can get them back.

And GG.......I just get loose with the draft capital when it comes to punters..........if Tunsil is worth 2 1sts and a 2nd can't Colquitt be worth at least ONE 4th if not a 1st and a 4th?........I just want to feel safe on 4th down......ya' know? :cry:    

Anyway........thanks to you and GG for setting me straight.........I'll try to do better with my observations and not to make fun of you and GG not being able to use a search engine.......it's just in my nature to mock those who argue vehemently without being willing to do even the simplest of research.    It's not fair to harass the willfully ignorant.   So sorry.☹️

19 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I drink beers all weekend and watch 1/10

of the amount of football that any NFL employee does. Long before the draft it was apparent Peterman needed a pitching mound to deliver an out breaking route. Anyone that can’t see that shouldn’t be evaluating QBs.

I know the easy answer is well, your at home and he is getting paid. It’s not about that. I’ts about winning games, that was an unexplainable mistake. 

I’m high on the the Bills so I try and avoid stuff like this but considering NP anything but I mistake is someone not being truthful.

I didn't say he was not a mistake. what I said was he was likely a better choice to get those reps in preseason as they had planned on sitting Allen for a year. Don't put words in my mouth

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I didn't say he was not a mistake. what I said was he was likely a better choice to get those reps in preseason as they had planned on sitting Allen for a year. Don't put words in my mouth

There is never a moment that an NFL team should waste any snaps with NP. I defended Gruden when he first got that job but I’m now firmly in the camp that he is in his own head and will never produce a winner. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree 100%. I actually think he was arguably the worst player on the 90 man roster. It makes zero sense

Maybe somebody loses an OT in week one and Beane gets a 7th for him.........I am sure they won't keep 10 for very long but week 1 and 2 hopefully you don't need 53 to field a healthy 47.

What keeping 10 OL around just to hopefully trade one for a very late pick says is that they were not nearly as conflicted about the cut down to 53 as much of the fanbase.

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

There is never a moment that an NFL team should waste any snaps with NP. I defended Gruden when he first got that job but I’m now firmly in the camp that he is in his own head and will never produce a winner. 

Peterman is a fine 3rd string QB. When Gruden fails, it won't be because NP is on the roster

On 8/31/2019 at 7:52 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

There's no other explanation as to why he continues making the Bills' 53 man roster year after year without contributing anything whatsoever.

There is a simpler explanation proved by many posts: you are such a poor evaluator that a pee wee football team would not hire you as temporary water boy.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 8/31/2019 at 8:03 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

They don't need a 10th offensive lineman if he isn't good enough to make the roster. 

They sure do need 10 on OL when both Morse and Spain are injured. 

I’m pretty sure Beane and McD know more than you do about it. 

Edited by Bob in STL

53 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Kelvin benjamin for one 

again....salary cap related.  Don t you think if we had the $ last year to bring in AB, or OBJ we would have tried as we did this year? We did what we could, with what we had. That's not incompetence, its indigence

15 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

again....salary cap related.  Don t you think if we had the $ last year to bring in AB, or OBJ we would have tried as we did this year? We did what we could, with what we had. That's not incompetence, its indigence

Well you just have the magic answer for any failures then. Mike Tolbert? Zay Jones? The entire online last year? Corey Coleman? Peterman? McCarron?

You’re just going to say it’s salary cap related so I guess we will start judging them this year. (Even though the dead cap was created by them to begin with)