Conor McDermott must have pictures of Uncle Sean

22 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

He looks like a good player to me.

I know a good optometrist who can help you.

They're probably keeping him around to see if there is a desperate team willing to offer a 7th rounder for an OT. Otherwise, he probably gets cut tomorrow in favor of a waiver pick-up.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

They're probably keeping him around to see if there is a desperate team willing to offer a 7th rounder for an OT. Otherwise, he probably gets cut tomorrow in favor of a waiver pick-up.

He’s a solid backup. It’s all good though, I can handle criticism.

1 minute ago, KayAdams said:

I actually think this is why.

I've been enjoying all of the posts this preseason about how the Bills roster was so good and that there were just a bunch of players that other teams were going to immediately snap up if they were cut.    It's been hilarious.   The reality is that everyone has their own version of most of the Bills bubble guys.

What's valuable are experienced OL.

The word you hear from OL coaches is that most young O lineman are about worthless until year 3.

McDermott is in year 3.

So even though he doesn't look like one of the Bills best 53 they might think that he should have the trade value of one of their top 45. 

Actually - I just think he has a bit of luck so far.

They brought in Waddle to be the swing tackle and he got hurt.  McDermott was better than the other host of tackles they let go (Rhaney, Jones, Magnuson).

We will see, but if they can get a better prospect - he will be gone, but I think he gives them swing OT depth for a few days - until everything settles down.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Here’s my mod duties <Name only thread title. Please fix>

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Done.

58 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

This guy must be related to the head coach.

There's no other explanation as to why he continues making the Bills' 53 man roster year after year without contributing anything whatsoever.

Even on rare occasions when he's healthy enough to play in the preseason, he doesn't even dominate against opposing 3rd stringers who will be bagging groceries by Monday.

It's puzzling.

Agree he was one of the more puzzling names on the 53. 

11 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Actually - I just think he has a bit of luck so far.

They brought in Waddle to be the swing tackle and he got hurt.  McDermott was better than the other host of tackles they let go (Rhaney, Jones, Magnuson).

We will see, but if they can get a better prospect - he will be gone, but I think he gives them swing OT depth for a few days - until everything settles down.

With Dawkins, Nsekhe and Ford they have 2 starters and a swing tackle already built right into their top 5 OL players.

A more position versatile guy would seem like the better fit but maybe they want to carry 9 OL with all the uncertainty with Mitch Morse and Nsekhe being so long in the tooth.