What's your hobby?

RochesterRob

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Wow, GM products from that time period are among the worst automobiles ever made.

That era when pollution control equipment was finding its way into automobiles for the first time, is generally the low point in the history of the internal combustion engine.

Bad time even for Porsche and Ferrari.

It's a reflection of coming of age.  Me and my friends in high school enjoyed talking about new cars and those cars were what was new at the time.  IMO they were no worse than a lot of vehicles made in the early 1970's and what came in the 1980's or 1990's.  Chevy Celebrity?  Lumina? 1972 Impala?

I collect rocks and minerals.  Both purchased (eBay auctions, mineral shows) and by personally collecting them here on hikes in Colorado.  

If anyone shares this hobby and wants to trade, send me a PM.  I have collected a lot of blue amazonite from the Pikes Peak region, rough purple and green fluorite, rose quartz and black tourmaline (schorl).  And I also have a lot of purchased specimens of all kinds that sit piled in cardboard flats that I'd rather see enjoyed instead of gathering dust.  

Edited by coloradobillsfan

I like to read - mystery, sci-fi, psychological thrillers, spy novels, etc.

I do a couple of crossword puzzles while sipping my morning coffee.

I make somewhat recognizable sounds with an acoustic guitar.

My wife and I go camping a couple of times a year. Not wilderness - just campgrounds.

I also write, both professionally and as a hobby.

10 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I like to read - mystery, sci-fi, psychological thrillers, spy novels, etc.

I do a couple of crossword puzzles while sipping my morning coffee.

I make somewhat recognizable sounds with an acoustic guitar.

My wife and I go camping a couple of times a year. Not wilderness - just campgrounds.

I also write, both professionally and as a hobby.

I've written both professionally and as a hobby.  Never got published but was asked to contribute on a couple of articles concerning economics and land values.  

15 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I do like classic car shows and museums.  The Pierce-Arrow museum in Buffalo wasn't bad.  The Cleveland History Center has a whole nice big section of vintage cars from the early 1900s in their basement.  

I love to drive as well.  Sometimes even driving to get my food shopping done in Philly which is an hour ride from me.  Changes of scenery/driving are nice, especially when there's not as many people on the road.  

Self driving vehicles will be the bane of my existence ... I can see the utility for me on a drive to Florida or something of that nature, but otherwise? NO WAY!

• Like (+1) 1

Fast cars - driving, going to shows, watching videos

Expanding vinyl collection

Expanding original art collection - try to buy 1 or 2 nice things a year from local shows or local artist galleries on vacations

Visiting different MLB stadiums

Edited by Mark80

I am an audiophile. I like high end stereo equipment, and I often buy, sell and trade it. My favorite brand of equipment is Bryston or Krell. The components are built military grade and produce awesome sound. Bryston equipment carries a 20 year warranty!

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

1) Woodworking (pine, oak, cherry, maple, small furniture, tables, shelves, etc)

2) Flyfishing/fly tying

3) Baking (breads, rolls, coffee cake) and cooking (soups, stews, smoked meats, cured meats, etc)

4) Servicing my wife

Batting .750 is great!!

47 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I am an audiophile. I like high end stereo equipment, and I often buy, sell and trade it. My favorite brand of equipment is Bryston or Krell. The components are built military grade and produce awesome sound. Bryston equipment carries a 20 year warranty!

An old high school friend runs this place (Adirondack Audio and Video).  All high end stuff ... https://adkav.com/

• Haha (+1) 1

CornHole!

Seems like the fastest growing sport there is. Leagues all over are popping up as well as tournaments all the time. Went from playing slowpitch 3x a week to 1 because of how much interest I’ve lost in it compared to Cornhole.