Do you like curry?

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

OMG no. The smell makes me sick.

:sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ? :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?

So.....we can put you down as a “maybe”? 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Had an Indian neighbor that moved.  They had to replace all the wall board in the house because they couldn't get the curry odor out. :sick:

There was actually a similar situation about 4-5 houses up the road from us. It must be serious stuff! It went 10-20% below what it should have. 

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

There was actually a similar situation about 4-5 houses up the road from us. It must be serious stuff! It went 10-20% below what it should have. 

Whenever my wife and I make it, the smell remains 3 days later ... But give me some curried chicken, samosa's and Papadum's and I'll live with the smell.

13 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Whenever my wife and I make it, the smell remains 3 days later ... But give me some curried chicken, samosa's and Papadum's and I'll live with the smell.

I never went into this house, but apparently they were both of Indian descent. It permeated EVERYTHING after years of living there. I try very hard not to judge, but there can be consequences. 

The house sold well below value in the neighborhood, but WOW. 

Edited by Augie

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

OMG no. The smell makes me sick.

:sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ? :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?  :sick: ?

My grandfather was like this! ^^^^

He lived in an apartment next to Indians, smell drove him wild.  Claimed it smelled like B.O.

From "Life of Pi"

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e63321fb-ffc5-410c-9ef9-f504efa2c040

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yes. 

Indians have the lowest incidents of Alzheimer's.  And... They are linking it to curry intake as helping.

more likely that overall dietary differences and low incidence of the ApoE4 allele in the Indian population explanations the differences,