Bill's on moving the chain's Sirius xm

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Still going on. I’ll try to summarize later tonight.

As a fan, I didn’t like hearing him talk about all the read options he’ll do and how many different offensive sets he’ll be in vs his time in Dallas. I don’t WANT anybody knowing that!

Ed Oliver on now. Likes the weather vs. Houston. Says pro OL cheat like he’s never seen. Says they went to school to learn how to hold! ?

Well this is the time of year where the weather in Buffalo beats the weather in Houston.

8 hours ago, teef said:

i don't mind miller.  it's charlie weis in the morning that i can't stand.  he makes me want to fall asleep. 

Gil Brandt is the one who knocks me out cold. I understand and appreciate his knowledge, but damn he's the most boring dude ever. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Gil Brandt is the one who knocks me out cold. I understand and appreciate his knowledge, but damn he's the most boring dude ever. 

That is painful, indeed. I want to hear what he says and thinks, but I’d rather get the Cliff Notes. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

I guess that's not Weis, it's "Paul"...uh, someone?  Sounds like Charlie though.  

Interview with Josh was good (someone posted a recap thread), I'm on to the Beane interview now...

Paul Alexander - used to OL coach the Bengals.  Never heard him on the channel before.

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Completely Agree! He’s an idiot, incapable of forming a thought and putting it into words, has a terrible speech impediment and is a Patriot and NJ homer. Classic obnoxious NJ type.

I can’t stand him! 

He alone makes me switch to the Blues Chnl in the a.m..

OMG, Chandler.  I’ve been listening and calling in for well over 10 years and despise Weiss.  I work in the field in medical sales so always in the car, and now hate the Opening Drive.  If I hear that fool call Brady Tommy one more time I think I’m going to vomit.  He never ending.y talks about the Patriots, is rude to his cohosts at times, thinks he’s funny, and he was for awhile incredibly rude to some callers.  

No no one else on that station is so harsh to the callers and yes I hate Jersey.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Paul Alexander - used to OL coach the Bengals.  Never heard him on the channel before.

He comes on with Miller and Kirwan regularly (once a week I think) to discuss OL play.  His take on the Bills' OL was essentially that with so many new guys you better have a coach who "lays down the law" about how something is going to be done so you don't have individuals doing their own thing because that's how they did it previously.  Kirwan noted how the Bills have something most teams don't have -- experience at the backup spots.

I listened to pretty much the first hour and a half of the show -- Kirwan is most concerned about how you get all of the new faces on offense to gel as a team.  He seems to still be in a "wait and see" mode with respect to Allen, and said a couple of times "you don't want your QB to lead the team in rushing."  Mushmouth Miller (a former QB) expressed more excitement about Allen's ability.  Alexander said he wants to see Josh become more of a leader -- that comment struck me as a bit odd because my impression has been that Josh has really taken control of the team.

They all like the Bills' D; Kirwan emphasized needing more of a pass rush but Alexander challenged him on that point, saying the Bills' D is so technically sound and the number of sacks can be a deceptive statistic.  Miller chimed in saying they had the #1 pass defense despite being middle of the pack in sacks.

I think all of these guys really like McD, Beane, and where the Bills are headed...they're just not ready to proclaim them as being "there" yet, particularly because of the wholesale changes on offense.  None of them implied the Bills made a mistake investing in Allen.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Agreed eball.  I thought it was interesting they brought in Alexander for the show as yes I’ve heard him interviewed before, but this was the first MTC camp I heard where there was a third person for the whole show.  Tells you what they know would be the main topic of conversation.

Those guys put on such a good show just about everyday.  I actually like Millls as I never thought when they switched from T-Rock to Mills, it would be as good, and in some ways the show is better.

Yes, I just joined but just to add a note I didn't see elsewhere.  I've been following this board for years for news but I won't be posting often if at all.

The one item I want to mention I didn't see elsewhere on the board about the MTC training camp interviews: They interviewed Cole Beasley and, while it has come out on his Twitter and in other interviews, you could tell he clearly hated his time in Dallas.  He spoke like he was recently released from prison and was smelling fresh air for the first time in seven years.  He had nothing good to say about the Dallas offense.  And he loves the WNY weather (over Dallas, I don't blame him).

Of course, he probably hasn't looked at the taxes in WNY vs Texas yet.

I hope it works out for him in Buffalo.  He seemed generally excited to be doing something other than running the same three routes he ran for seven years.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

this is the unfortunate truth.  i do like hearing what he has to say, but my god the guy puts you in a trance.

3 hours ago, eball said:

He comes on with Miller and Kirwan regularly (once a week I think) to discuss OL play.  His take on the Bills' OL was essentially that with so many new guys you better have a coach who "lays down the law" about how something is going to be done so you don't have individuals doing their own thing because that's how they did it previously.  Kirwan noted how the Bills have something most teams don't have -- experience at the backup spots.

I listened to pretty much the first hour and a half of the show -- Kirwan is most concerned about how you get all of the new faces on offense to gel as a team.  He seems to still be in a "wait and see" mode with respect to Allen, and said a couple of times "you don't want your QB to lead the team in rushing."  Mushmouth Miller (a former QB) expressed more excitement about Allen's ability.  Alexander said he wants to see Josh become more of a leader -- that comment struck me as a bit odd because my impression has been that Josh has really taken control of the team.

They all like the Bills' D; Kirwan emphasized needing more of a pass rush but Alexander challenged him on that point, saying the Bills' D is so technically sound and the number of sacks can be a deceptive statistic.  Miller chimed in saying they had the #1 pass defense despite being middle of the pack in sacks.

I think all of these guys really like McD, Beane, and where the Bills are headed...they're just not ready to proclaim them as being "there" yet, particularly because of the wholesale changes on offense.  None of them implied the Bills made a mistake investing in Allen.

Appreciate the reviewI

I'm not mad at their assessment at all. Don't agree with certain aspects but seems like a respectable take. 

If anyone knows if I can listen on demand if possible . Please post

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Appreciate the reviewI

I'm not mad at their assessment at all. Don't agree with certain aspects but seems like a respectable take. 

My pleasure.  Yeah, I think they are bullish on the organization but just being cautious.  There really is something novel in the way Beane attacked the OL revamp, and people are starting to take notice.  By the way, Alexander said he loves Cody Ford as a RT and doesn't agree with those who said he needs to move to G.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, eball said:

My pleasure.  Yeah, I think they are bullish on the organization but just being cautious.  There really is something novel in the way Beane attacked the OL revamp, and people are starting to take notice.  By the way, Alexander said he loves Cody Ford as a RT and doesn't agree with those who said he needs to move to G.

Can Cody play Center???