Democrat Debates

The debate that was and the debate that wasn't

by Paul Mirengoff

Original Article

Of the ten participants in tonight’s Democratic presidential debate, only two — Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders — have a realistic hope of being nominated. Thus, we might have expected that these two would clash, the way we expect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to lock horns tomorrow night. But that didn’t happen. It was the debate that wasn’t. The debate that was turned out to be Sanders-Warren versus three less extreme candidates — no-hopers all — who attacked from the right. John Delaney was the most effective of the trio, but John Hickenlooper and Tim Ryan had their moments.

Five Of The Craziest Moments From The CNN Tuesday Night Democratic Debate (Videos)

Original Article

fae5654f-ea2f-4f93-9b2b-15b97793085e.jpeg

From JUNE

On the debate stage last night they debated a war Obama said he ended, a trade policy he said he made better and a healthcare system we were all told he fixed. Also kids in cages. But remember era of no scandals.

6:24 AM - 31 Jul 2019

• Haha (+1) 5

3 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

@Teddy KGB I don't know how you talk politics in the shout box. It's like PPP - Feelings Edition.  I popped in to see if any of the board TDS'ers had anything to say about the debate and wasn't disappointed. Some moron said 63 million people know Trump is racist and will vote for him because of it. :lol: Those people really are something else.

Its pretty fun @ShadyBillsFan and @ExiledInIllinois have severe TDS and provide all the lol’s 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Come on what? He’s gay and Christian. He can lecture as much as any Christian politician who wants to lecture. 

I’ll agree with this. I don’t believe the same could be said if he claimed to be catholic. Anyway, it’s complicated. I voted for Trump ( and almost certainly will again) , but I’d vote for an atheist before I’d vote for a Christian , Catholic or a Democrat. Not exclusively for that reason, though.