Just had a Great Conversation with Jim Kelly

On 7/24/2019 at 1:18 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Did you show him a picture of Micah Hyde? Don’t feel bad if Jim doesn’t recognize you next time you see him in an airport.

sorry about that comment. i honestly can't think of what brought that to mind.

Edited by billsredneck1

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Harbaugh punched Kelly in the face and broke his hand after Kelly called him soft while announcing a game

When asked if he was sorry, he said he was in fact sorry he broke his hand. Classic! 

I would LOVE to be rich, but I would HATE to be famous. I’m sure Jimbo was gracious, as you would expect. I would hate to be recognized everywhere I go and have people always wanting a piece of me. I’d be good at that most of the time, but I’d tire of the “always” part of it. Sometimes you’re just not in the mood, and that’s the day many people will judge you by. Maybe that’s just me. I’m the quiet type, while Mrs Augie is much better at always being on stage. 

Glad you had a good talk with him, that must have been very cool. 

On 7/23/2019 at 1:42 PM, dneveu said:

As someone who recently quit smoking, and is sitting in an office... smoking a cigarette on a hot beach sounds fantastic right now

As someone who quit 13 years ago it still sounds fantastic add and ice cold drink.... ahhhhh

yeah but breathing is better... congrats on the life choice for better. 

On 7/23/2019 at 1:23 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Jim Kelly once invited me in his RV when I was 13 years old.  He was leaving the stadium, a whole crowd recognizes him and gathers around.  He's walking and signing autographs.  

He hands me back my card but the crowd is tight and the card gets knocked out....never found it.  

Jim's brother sees me upset, asked what happened, I told him...he walks in to talk to Jim.  RV door opens up, I'm invited in.

Jim walks up to me, takes my hat off my head, signs in, pats me on the back and I walk out the RV.

Better than taking off your pants and signing your head!