2019 Hurricane Season

T&C

17 minutes ago, The Dean said:

For sure. The last two hurricanes I went to a chef friend's house for a few days. We ate and drank like kings. A small group of us, each bringing some of our best stuff (food, wine, booze, weed, etc). If there's going to be stuff lost or damaged, might as well get to enjoy the best stuff.

I vote for one a year. 

That sounds like The Big Chill, but nobody died! How could you not love that? 

27 minutes ago, The Dean said:

For sure. The last two hurricanes I went to a chef friend's house for a few days. We ate and drank like kings. A small group of us, each bringing some of our best stuff (food, wine, booze, weed, etc). If there's going to be stuff lost or damaged, might as well get to enjoy the best stuff.

I vote for one a year. 

d95.gif

8 hours ago, T&C said:

One thing that isn't mentioned much... if you find yourself in the path use your dishwasher. Important papers, jewelry, pictures, etc. 

Store what you can in there and then lock it... 

I'm tempted to put the ***** cat in there too. A prick cat from the first day.

I've heard that before, the idea being that if water does not come out of it when you're using it, then water can not get in it either. 

The on air staff at the weather channel are bitterly disappointed that Dorian is probably not going to make landfall in Florida.  After all, what makes for better ratings than Cantore and friends broadcasting outside in the middle of hurricane conditions.  LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The on air staff at the weather channel are bitterly disappointed that Dorian is probably not going to make landfall in Florida.  After all, what makes for better ratings than Cantore and friends broadcasting outside in the middle of hurricane conditions.  LOL

On 8/30/2019 at 3:21 PM, T&C said:

Not quite so Ex... there is a high in the Atlantic but a Low just off of the the south end of Florida's coast. Basically a funnel. If you are talking about the high in the central plains area then I can see this, although it won't be a factor here in FL.

What we need to happen is to have the high in the Atlantic weaken or move a little eastward. 

I was spot on a day ago... There is no low in sight (outside of Dorian of course).  

Watch @ +2:45... It will ride the trough between two split highs:

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I was spot on a day ago... There is no low in sight (outside of Dorian of course).  

Watch @ +2:45... It will ride the trough between two split highs:

The low east of the Keys must have dissipated then, haven't watched anything today... I just got home so I'm going to do some looking around. Storm looks better and better all the time, somewhere other than here.

• Like (+1) 1

it's looking more like it will miss florida all together and skate up the coast moving more in a ne track toward ga, carolinas?

when I say miss that doesn't mean florida wont feel the impact of winds and rain, just not a dead on impact. rather turning north and soaking the east coast, ga, carolinas.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it's looking more like it will miss florida all together and skate up the coast moving more in a ne track toward ga, carolinas?

when I say miss that doesn't mean florida wont feel the impact of winds and rain, just not a dead on impact. rather turning north and soaking the east coast, ga, carolinas.

i'd rather it ravages florida than turn up my way

43 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Glad as hell it isn't coming here 73... really don't want it to hit anyone. Have to say though that the Bahamas are going to basically get leveled, Dorian is a beautiful deadly machine. Saw on the news that they were telling those folks to evacuate. Lol... evacuate to Where?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

Sure. Think only of yourself.  :lol:

We've had our share the past few years. 

Just now, /dev/null said:

I'd rather mother nature would just stay clear for all. Micheal wiped out the whole town of mexico beach last year, not 150 miles from me.

no, she don't play where ever she lands.

hunker down and hoping no lives are lost.

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Sure. Think only of yourself.  :lol:

We've had our share the past few years. 

I mean no offense.  Really, I wish you guys well down there.

But if it's going to hit somewhere, I'd rather it stay down there

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Glad as hell it isn't coming here 73... really don't want it to hit anyone. Have to say though that the Bahamas are going to basically get leveled, Dorian is a beautiful deadly machine. Saw on the news that they were telling those folks to evacuate. Lol... evacuate to Where?

The Bahamas may not exist anymore. especially if it becomes stationary over the island. They spoke if it doing that, that update may have changed though, I'm not sure.